TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby/Baer Front Brake upgrade

efrazier

Well I decided to order the Shelby/Baer front brake upgrade kit today. I'd read that the brake kit requires 18" wheels. What I failed to notice prior to ordering this morning was that the "Stock Mustang 18" GT wheels will not fit *" disclaimer... My question is that since this ugrade kit is for 2005-2007 Mustangs, will the 2007 "Stock" Shelby GT 18" wheels work with this kit?

I love the wheels and do not want to change them, and I plan to run track day events with my car, and feel like the stock brakes would probably fade pretty quick...

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Well I decided to order the Shelby/Baer front brake upgrade kit today. I'd read that the brake kit requires 18" wheels. What I failed to notice prior to ordering this morning was that the "Stock Mustang 18" GT wheels will not fit *" disclaimer... My question is that since this ugrade kit is for 2005-2007 Mustangs, will the 2007 "Stock" Shelby GT 18" wheels work with this kit?

I love the wheels and do not want to change them, and I plan to run track day events with my car, and feel like the stock brakes would probably fade pretty quick...

Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

The stock SGT wheels will not fit. I am with you -- I love the stock wheels but, if you want the brake upgrade, you will have to go with 20" Torq Thrust to get a look close to stock. Jim

The stock SGT wheels will not fit. I am with you -- I love the stock wheels but, if you want the brake upgrade, you will have to go with 20" Torq Thrust to get a look close to stock. Jim

Dang! Well scratch the brakes then! A good driver doesn't need great brakes anyway!! :D

Archived