TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is This A Good Deal?

mffarrell

1967 FORD SHELBY GT350 MUSTANG CONV RESTOMOD

Looks like a real Shelby, and has already met reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COLLECTORS-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Definately looks to be worth the money but keep in mind it is a clone or rebody. 67' GT350's were K codes not C codes

the first year you could get a shelby vert was in 1968 but there was only ONE 1967 shelby gt500 vert and I think it was red.

the ebay car look good and yes I think it is a good price.

THEY MADE ONE 1967 SHELBY CONV ITS IN VOLO MUSEUM IN IL CS WAS GOING TO BUY IT BACK YRS AGO BUT IT WENT TO HIGH AND IT WAS A RUST BUCKET . THE CAR ON EBAY IS NICE BUT A FEW THINGS WRONG ,A 68 DASH AND DR PANELS NEVER LOOKED ANY FUTHER .

That was a fair price for the car but I feel the seller was misleading in the description. Not once did he state it wasn't a real Shelby. The fake Shelby ID tag in the engine compartment can be used to try and screw an uninformed buyer. This is why Shelby won't sell parts that make are Shelby's unique. I for one am glad he won't.

blehhh....i dont like convertables anyway.

i dont think it came with a cassette player with digital display in '67 :P

being that its a frame off restoration and IF i like verts, i might pay 30k but no more because its not a Shelby

why would someone slap all that badging on there if its not? who he foolin? <_<

it is a nice lookin restored/mod mustang but i wouldnt buy it.

but thats just me

now if i bought it thinkin it was a Shelby and found out later that it wasnt, i'd be pizzzzzzzed.

but since u at least now know its not a Shelby, its all up to u.

u can always drive around and fool the ones who dont know. ;)

tell them its got 700 HP B)

It is not very "correct", even for a replica. Incorrect roll bar, painted power steering pump, etc. But if you like it, by all means buy it.

i thought there was somethin funny about that steering pump <_<

Whe did the Mustang/Shelby come with a 302 CID engine?

I recall that as 1968 or later. Surely not any 1967...But, I guess it doesn't matter anymore, the auction is closed, so, someone bought it, and paid a tad too much IMHO.

It was a nice looking car and would be a fun driver---that would be about the only way you'd reallly want to drive a 60's vintage "Shelby" . I think it would have been a fun toy, but agree the seller was a bit misleading, but the price wasn't too steep for a frame off resto.

I know it's sold but it definately is a gorgeous car worth the money for what's been done,A touch on the high side but try to recreate it for that money if you pay for the work.A lot of people just want to get in and go,In that case it was a good deal for them!

Archived