TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSM No. Stamped Sill plates

oilbleak

there are always changes to each new model........=get over it!

This is very true, there are always changes to new model years and that should be a reason for SAI to sell the new parts and make a few bucks. Im sure many would buy the new sill plates.

If the "new model year" is their reason for not selling, explain the GT500 dash placque and sill plates on a car that is only licensed by SAI.

I for one am not interested in the new sill plate at this time, though I might be in the future. One thing I am interested in is the new "Shelby GT" hood pins on the 08's, which are only available on the 08's at this time.

I saw the pins and may have to go with those but on the 08's ive seen they say "SHELBY" above the pin and "GT" under the pin. Those in the catalog only say "SHELBY" under the pin and dont have the "GT". But hey, sometimes you just have to settle.

I must say I am impressed with all the new additions to the catalog.

I know this isn’t exactly the same situation, but this reminds me of 2 episodes of updating cars to the next year's look.

Of course, the first one would be the early Corvette Sting Rays with the split rear window (MY 1963 only). I believe when the 1964 models came out, many 1963 owners "updated" their cars by having their split windows replaced with the 1964's single piece. And now, I believe the split windows are very desirable.

In 1974, Porsche came out with their rear deck “ducktail” spoiler in the US for the first time on the Carrera models. The 1975 Carreras had the larger “Whale Tail” spoiler. Many 1974 owners tossed their ducktails in favor of the whale tails.

Now, the ducktails are very rare to find and very expen$$ive!!

Whoever has an 08....could you tell us if your sill plate CSM # is machined in? I would assume it is and not stamped. I havent seen a good photo of them yet so I cant tell fro myself. Id love to know.

Archived