TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How does one acquire Shelby Stock?

07SHELBY GT

I would like to buy a few shares for memorabilia.I have never purchased stock,So I am oblivious as to how it is done.Any advice!

I am in the process of buying 1000 shares of Shelby stock. Here is the link to the stock's information: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CSBI.PK

I just called my broker and he is in the process of buying it for me. That is the "how" behind how I did it. If you do not have a broker already, you can clink one of the links on the yahoo page to Fidelity or Scottrade (I would stay away from e-trade right now given the report about them yesterday and the possiblity of bankruptcy). That should get you where you want to go.

My reason for buying the stock is sentamental only. I do not see this stock performing for investors in a manner that will show meaningful growth in stock price of in the payment of a dividend. Still, it is a cool idea to own some of the organization.

Question: If we own Shelby stock, does that mean we can travel to Las Vegas on a tax deductible trip to check up on our investment? Hmmmmmm. Jim

Another intersting link is this one that shows the historical price. http://finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=CSBI.PK

Most will be surprised to see that the stock price has been fallling since summer (I am included in "most"). This, I am buying it just to have it. Jim

I would like to buy a few shares for memorabilia.I have never purchased stock,So I am oblivious as to how it is done.Any advice!

You will need to set up an account with a broker (although stay away from E-Trade, I head a report they were in financial trouble) and purchase through them. I use Bank of America. Since I have and account with them it's only $7 a trade and I do everything online.

If you want a single share i found a cool way to get one. A bit expensive but comes nicely framed and matted with a placque. Go to www.giveashare.com They say they can get almost anyshare but it is $135+market price of share ($0.26).

Ive done this a few times as gifts and I have been very impressed.

I was also thinking it would be cool to have the amount of share equal to your CSM#. Wouldnt be a bad idea for you guys with lower CSM#'s but unfortunately mine is 5172 and i dont know if i want to pay 1300 for something just cause its a cool idea.

That's a cool Idea Reino. If any one has an TD Ameritrade account just enter CSBI and it comes up. I'm gonna buy a few hundred shares myself. I might even buy one the way Reino suggests.

Take a look at this thread: http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...t=0entry34803

Interesting how the purchase of 1000 shares can affect the the price by something like 15%. May want to plan your purchases such that not too many people are seeking to buy at one time to avoid the price going up just because a bunch of us are seeking the novelty value of owning Shelby stock. :) Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Given that I am, these days, the owner of some Shelby International stock, I try and keep up with news from the stock market about how the stock is doing. Picked up the following recently:

Carroll Shelby International Inc., Annual General Meeting, Dec 20, 2007

11/21/2007

Carroll Shelby International Inc., Annual General Meeting, Dec 20, 2007, at 11:00 US Pacific Time. Location: Shelby Automobiles Inc., Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. Agenda: To vote on the election of the Board of Directors for the coming year .

Browne Woods & George Announces New Lawsuit Against Carroll Shelby

10/23/2007

Denice Halicki, The Original Gone in 60 Seconds, LLC and Halicki Films, LLC filed a new lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Central District armed with a new Quitclaim Agreement and famed trial attorney Allan Browne of Browne Woods & George LLP. Mr. Browne filed the action on behalf of Halicki and her companies against Carroll Shelby, Carroll Shelby International Inc., Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc., Carroll Shelby Engineering Inc., Carroll Shelby Motors Inc., Carroll Shelby Distribution International Inc., Carroll Hall Shelby Trust, Unique Performance, Unique Motorcars Inc., and Sanderson Sales & Marketing Inc. for copyright and trademark infringement, Case No. CV-07-06859 SVW. The complaint alleges that, without the authority, consent or knowledge of Halicki, the defendants, led by Carroll Shelby, entered into an improper and malicious scheme and conspiracy to manufacture, market and sell knock offs of Eleanor to the public, billing the car as authentic Eleanors from Gone in 60 Seconds. In doing so, the complaint alleges that the defendants knowingly and deliberately sought to capitalize on and exploit Eleanor's fame from the movie, even though the defendants had no association with, participation in, or connection with the creation or development of the movie or Eleanor. Indeed, the movie and Eleanor are the brainchild of Halicki's late husband, H.B. Toby Halicki, known to all in the movie and automobile circles as The Car Crash King.

Carroll Shelby Licensing Commences Termination Proceedings Against Unique Motorcars

10/5/2007

Carroll Shelby International Inc. confronted with concerned customers and litigation involving failure to deliver the 1960s Continuation Shelby GT-350SR and GT-500E Eleanor vehicles being manufactured by its licensee, has commenced termination proceedings relating to its license agreements with Unique Motorcars Inc. CSL has placed Unique on notice of termination unless and until Unique, among other things, satisfies existing customer complaints, delivers the vehicles previously promised to its customers and develops a feasible financial plan. Carroll Shelby Licensing has had no choice but to give Unique notice that its license agreements with Shelby are subject to termination.

Between Unique Motorcars, Inc. and the lawsuit by Mrs. Halicki, it seems like the Eleanor thing is turning into nothing but trouble for SAI. That is the bad news. The good news is that you can buy some stock and take a trip to Law Vegas right before Christmas. The meeting is at SAI so you can have a full day there.

Oh yeah, the price of the stock is back down to $0.26 per share, which is what is was when I bought it. Jim

shareholders meeting, very interesting :D

Starting to see the method of my madness? Imagine that we all bought one share (or more if you desire) and then all showed up at SAI "just for the shareholders' meeting." Amy would be there, right? Bud and John would be close at hand given it is at SAI. "The Chair recognizes Jim Clark." "Thank you. I wanted to ask Amy why I cannot buy a Terlingua hood separate from the car?" Then Wicked stands up with his question. Then the next. Then the next. Now Amy is one tough customer but, as a group, and it will take the full group, I think we could wear her down. :lol: The possibilities are endless. Jim

Archived