TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BULLITT HYPE

shelbydream1

I can't believe all the hype over the Bullitt car's release. You'd have thought the powers that know anything at Ford would've put that kind of blitz behind a Shelby than a bland movie car knock off.

I think the Shelby Gt was a "Lets put her in the water and see if she floats" kinda thing, where as the Bullit has happened before so, they are "re-igniting" the car.

Then again, i could be talking out my butt and not what i'm talking about.................. :lol:

I've thought the same thing so here's my opinion.The Bullitt vids are kick ass!But can you imagie the frenzy with ADM's that this will start.We could have definately used a commercial but what would that have done to our prices considering they would have sold more cars.might have been a blessing in disguise now that I think about it.

I think the Shelby Gt was a "Lets put her in the water and see if she floats" kinda thing, where as the Bullit has happened before so, they are "re-igniting" the car.

Then again, i could be talking out my butt and not what i'm talking about.................. :lol:

I think your right. To add to it, any one who sees our Shelby GT's instantly know what it is and what it can do. If they see a Bullitt and were not told what it was, they would walk right by it.

I've thought the same thing so here's my opinion.The Bullitt vids are kick ass!But can you imagie the frenzy with ADM's that this will start.We could have definately used a commercial but what would that have done to our prices considering they would have sold more cars.might have been a blessing in disguise now that I think about it.

Could be?

The other thing is that this a car is a notch above a regular Gt, so more people that want something different are going to want to jump on it, where as the Shelby was a little more out of reach?

I think your right. To add to it, any one who sees our Shelby GT's instantly know what it is and what it can do. If they see a Bullitt and were not told what it was, they would walk right by it.

You have a point Bland styling will need some heavy advertising as ther can't be 7000 people waiting for this car,Without advertising most people would think it was a V6,God knows most of the dealers don't know jack about our cars,At least they look the part and sell themselves,When they can be seen!

You have a point Bland styling will need some heavy advertising as ther can't be 7000 people waiting for this car,Without advertising most people would think it was a V6,God knows most of the dealers don't know jack about our cars,At least they look the part and sell themselves,When they can be seen!

I wonder? How many people are going to line up because of "Bullit" the movie, or "Bullit" the legend, or just somebody that heard of the movie, or what. I think most of us that "Get It" are few and far between.

We're making more a fuss about it than anyone else.

Your probably right................. :lol:

I for one, kind of like it. Clean understated look. There is an old saying, sometimes less is more. I like the 3:73 ratio, the 87/91 fuel option etc. I wouldn't trade my Shelby for it, but i wouldn't mind having one to pair up with it. I would have kept my 03 Mach when i bought the Shelby but don't have the room. There are hundred's of different types of cars new and old i would love to have if i had bottomless pockets. I'm not stuck on one thing. Variety is the spice of life. ;)

I for one, kind of like it. Clean understated look. There is an old saying, sometimes less is more. I like the 3:73 ratio, the 87/91 fuel option etc. I wouldn't trade my Shelby for it, but i wouldn't mind having one to pair up with it. I would have kept my 03 Mach when i bought the Shelby but don't have the room. There are hundred's of different types of cars new and old i would love to have if i had bottomless pockets. I'm not stuck on one thing. Variety is the spice of life. ;)

i wish the shelby had the 87/91 fuel option <_<

Remember that the Bullitt is a car for people who are "bullitt purists" and enjoy not getting noticed.Some poeple get it and some don't, just like the Shelby GT. And Ford will sell every last one of them too. To me, it is a very good value for the starting price of $31,000 MSRP. The Shelby GT was outsourced to SAI, which of course resulted in a higher price. I don't think you'll see any ADM's on the Bullitt (perhaps at first) as it has a low appeal and is difficult for most regular Mustang buyers to justify the pricing, although reasonable. Most people will see it as being bland and void in extra styling, as they just don't understand the stealthy undercover look that mimics the movie car. The whole idea of the car is to not get noticed. And this I believe is very cool!

Remember that the Bullitt is a car for people who are "bullitt purists" and enjoy not getting noticed.Some poeple get it and some don't, just like the Shelby GT. And Ford will sell every last one of them too. To me, it is a very good value for the starting price of $31,000 MSRP. The Shelby GT was outsourced to SAI, which of course resulted in a higher price. I don't think you'll see any ADM's on the Bullitt (perhaps at first) as it has a low appeal and is difficult for most regular Mustang buyers to justify the pricing, although reasonable. Most people will see it as being bland and void in extra styling, as they just don't understand the stealthy undercover look that mimics the movie car. The whole idea of the car is to not get noticed. And this I believe is very cool!

I get the whole tribute to a great movie mustang, but I don't know what the reasoning was in doing one a few years ago, now doing one again. I guess my thinking would be that maybe a new boss or mach 1 would have been cooler than yet another movie knock off-Eleanor has been beat to death, now I guess it's time for Bullitt. As far as not getting noticed, they have no worries there, this thing is sleeper personified to the extent of being IMO downright boring.

I agree with fundriver. I think another good thing about this car is that it might take some of the pressure off for those looking to get the last of the SGT's. I'm sure there are some people out there who will see this car, know what it stands for, see that it comes similarly equipped as the SGT for about 6K less and thus buy this car. It also allows someone to get a "limited edition" Mustang for less money, which I think is good for Ford and the average consumer.

I agree with fundriver. I think another good thing about this car is that it might take some of the pressure off for those looking to get the last of the SGT's. I'm sure there are some people out there who will see this car, know what it stands for, see that it comes similarly equipped as the SGT for about 6K less and thus buy this car. It also allows someone to get a "limited edition" Mustang for less money, which I think is good for Ford and the average consumer.

Good point! :)

Perhaps they NEED the hype. :lol:

You ususally don't spend $$$ on marketing for a successful product.

Not that the Bullitt isn't a good product. But you usually spend marketing $$$ on products that need the hype to sell.

Just my $0.02 :)

wouldn't look right.

A nice mustang, chasin a 4 door charger around? :rolleyes:

Yes, Dodge definitely screwed up the Charger. I wonder if they will use the same two vehicles (they could modify a Charger to have two doors) for the movie or something different? Either way, if there is another "Bullitt" coming out I will definitely go see it, but I'm sure it will never be as good as the original.

Maybe the hype is required to sell the Charger? I think the Mustang (Bullitt or others ) will sell quite well on their own.

Has anyone actually driven the new Charger? I haven't because they don't appeal to me. IMO a car being advertised as a "sports car" should not look like a family car! They had one local with a V-6 and it still had a 10K ADM on the windshield!! :blink:

I had a vendor come down from Washington and rent one. He said it was nice but "not like the Chargers of the old days".

Has anyone actually driven the new Charger? I haven't because they don't appeal to me. IMO a car being advertised as a "sports car" should not look like a family car! They had one local with a V-6 and it still had a 10K ADM on the windshield!! :blink:

I had a vendor come down from Washington and rent one. He said it was nice but "not like the Chargers of the old days".

I drove a trade-in Charger R/T. Big car...Cheap inside, but i'm sure it was a base model. Not impressive at all, feels bulky when cornering, ect.....

It may have more power but, not worth it..........

Actually, there is a new "Bullit" movie coming out. Word has it that Brad Pitt is playing the Steve McQueen role.

Only internet rumor..... all media reports on it point to internet 'chat'...which points to the media reporting internet chat--back to pure rumor and speculation... Pitt's folks have been quoted in the media saying "not true".

Hype & the media--yes and needed--Ford only has 'name' rights for the car...no rights regarding McQueen or movie scenes...NO $$ have been allocated for marketing. You'll see the same Ford marketing for the new Bullitt as you did with the SGT--none.

Archived