TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Bullitt has landed

RogerS

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you don't confuse my comments about it being "dull" to be anything more than MY opinion for me. I know that's the intent of the car and I know there is a sizable number of people wanting that and that's fine! They no doubt think the SGT is "too much" bling. It's not a knock on the car as much as it is an expression of my taste.

Not at all MattChicago, I know where you're coming from. The Bullitt just doesn't appeal to you, and that's fine. And I know you have good taste, 'cause you own a Shelby GT, a beautiful car I might add! For most people, the Bullitt just doesn't have the bling they're looking for in a performance car. Once the origins of the car are understood, people start to appreciate the car for what it is (and especially isn't). The whole idea of the car is not to get noticed. A sleeper of sorts which is what I truly like in this car. On the other hand, I feel the same about the SGT but in a different way. The SGT has bucket loads of racing heritage c/w a strong association with Ford and the Mustang. It's great to see them wreak havoc on the streets (and tracks) again!!

Not at all MattChicago, I know where you're coming from. The Bullitt just doesn't appeal to you, and that's fine. And I know you have good taste, 'cause you own a Shelby GT, a beautiful car I might add! For most people, the Bullitt just doesn't have the bling they're looking for in a performance car. Once the origins of the car are understood, people start to appreciate the car for what it is (and especially isn't). The whole idea of the car is not to get noticed. A sleeper of sorts which is what I truly like in this car. On the other hand, I feel the same about the SGT but in a different way. The SGT has bucket loads of racing heritage c/w a strong association with Ford and the Mustang. It's great to see them wreak havoc on the streets (and tracks) again!!

Bravo! Well said!

Iam seriously contemplating a purchase!This car is really neat!

You know, I can tell 'yer on the fence with the new Bullitt, and about to fall off! You want this car don't you?! The more you look at it, the more you realize just how unique it is. I think its amazing that Ford would actually produce the Bullitt (in the first place) and then make it look like a V-6 without a single badge anywhere (save the Bullitt faux gas cap), not even a galloping horse in the grill. Can you imagine Chev or Dodge making a Camaro or Challenger and not plastering it full of stripes, scoops and badges? Not likely. I think the Bullitt is one of the coolest cars to come out of Detroit!

You know, I can tell 'yer on the fence with the new Bullitt, and about to fall off! You want this car don't you?! The more you look at it, the more you realize just how unique it is. I think its amazing that Ford would actually produce the Bullitt (in the first place) and then make it look like a V-6 without a single badge anywhere (save the Bullitt faux gas cap), not even a galloping horse in the grill. Can you imagine Chev or Dodge making a Camaro or Challenger and not plastering it full of stripes, scoops and badges? Not likely. I think the Bullitt is one of the coolest cars to come out of Detroit!

I like it...............

Its the "Package" :)

Steve Mcqueen came to me in a dream and said since I drive like he did in the movie that I should buy one.I must agree if the ADM's don't get out of hand,Highland green thanks,Black is just not proper!

tell me when you want it. with 7000 cars theres NO way im not getting a least a few. we got one back when the first one came out and sold it within just a few days. i still have the little ad that they sent us.

michael morris

I dont really see anyone getting excited about the Ford 500, er I mean Taurus, the Focus everyone wants isnt coming to the US and well trucks always sell, no real excitment there. Oh , the new Escape?, thats got everyone running to Ford dealerships. :blink: The Edge?....if Derek Jeter came with the dang car?, instead of trying to sell it to me every 5 seconds (on TV) but short of that.?

i know im a FORD guy so take what i say for what its worth. the Taurs (500) is a great car, but i kinda agree with ya folks are busting down the doors to get a new one. we just got in 2 new Foci (plural for focus?) and they are GREAT looking cars. for a few months this cars are going to sell real well. believe it or not the new Escape is selling great. we cant keep new ones on the lot, we havent had one in 2 months. now the EDGE. this thing is selling like you wouldnt believe. its one of the best selling units we have had in a long time (cant compare it to a GT500) i have yet to have someone test drive one that didnt buy it. my wife has been driving F250 for 5 years. we gave her a new edge to drive for a demo and she LOVES it. again i know im a FORD guy and thats how i make my living, but FORD actually has some very good products out right now. Ford biggist problem hasnt been there product, but the way the have managed the company. when the folks were starting to move to gas savers Ford just keep producing loads of Explores and Expeditions.

as you know i didnt throw this out to start anything except a debate on Fords new line up

michael morris

tell me when you want it. with 7000 cars theres NO way im not getting a least a few. we got one back when the first one came out and sold it within just a few days. i still have the little ad that they sent us.

michael morris

We may be chatting soon!

I dont really see anyone getting excited about the Ford 500, er I mean Taurus, the Focus everyone wants isnt coming to the US and well trucks always sell, no real excitment there. Oh , the new Escape?, thats got everyone running to Ford dealerships. :blink: The Edge?....if Derek Jeter came with the dang car?, instead of trying to sell it to me every 5 seconds (on TV) but short of that.?

i know im a FORD guy so take what i say for what its worth. the Taurs (500) is a great car, but i kinda agree with ya folks are busting down the doors to get a new one. we just got in 2 new Foci (plural for focus?) and they are GREAT looking cars. for a few months this cars are going to sell real well. believe it or not the new Escape is selling great. we cant keep new ones on the lot, we havent had one in 2 months. now the EDGE. this thing is selling like you wouldnt believe. its one of the best selling units we have had in a long time (cant compare it to a GT500) i have yet to have someone test drive one that didnt buy it. my wife has been driving F250 for 5 years. we gave her a new edge to drive for a demo and she LOVES it. again i know im a FORD guy and thats how i make my living, but FORD actually has some very good products out right now. Ford biggist problem hasnt been there product, but the way the have managed the company. when the folks were starting to move to gas savers Ford just keep producing loads of Explores and Expeditions.

as you know i didnt throw this out to start anything except a debate on Fords new line up

michael morris

They are getting there in quality control,A huge plus!I'm hearing the CAFE standards may soon put a cramp in our muscle car style,2010?Any comments on the future of our less than fuel friendly muscle cars?Are they going to have to move more cars likr the Focus to offset there Hot cars?

If you were into "Bullit" movie or have an appreciation for the 68 car and maybe always wanted a bullit because of those factors, i think this will be the car to have because it will be the only car at this point that will be the best representation of it. The "Package" will give those people in question what they want. The next time around ???? will be a different looking body im sure and will not give the look assosiated with that "Bullit" look. If the "Bullit" game is for you, then this is the car to have. Any car before or after this car, look wise, will be a dissapointment. The only thing i liked about the previous Bullit cars is the color, they never looked "Body wise" like a 68 mustang, Not even close! so therefore never had an appeal to it. This car however, in my opinion is the closet it has ever been and will probably be the only one to do so.:)

Crap.............. :angry:

I think now i want one.................. :)

They should have gone the whole way and deleted ALL badging, inside and out. Oh yeah, and added the window covers. And made it a 390. . . .

Just like with SGT, anybody could build one but, With SHELBY going across the back and things of that nature attached to it, thats what seperates the SGT then any other modded mustang. So as it will be with the Bullit, Anyone can build it, but With those couple little bages cues, That will seperate it from any other modded mustang.

As for the 390, Unfortuanatly this is 2007 and not 1968. Those day's are gone for good. Add any "Real" power and the car is not priced good for the average joe to buy. The little badging that is on it makes the the package (Not overboard). I agree with the side window louvers though but, those can be gotten........

This car is going to sell better then alot of people think. :)

The more i talk about it, the more i think i want one........................ :)

It is a nice car and I think it is much better thought out than the Shelby GT. Just the small touches are a sign of good engineering, i.e.: 373 gears, enclosed cold air kit, larger cold air elbow (appears this way), badging & design ques, engineerd sound form original Bullit car and especially the $31K price tag , without ADM's! These things make this car a very personalized car that any red blooded American can afford, I applaud FOMOCO for being so forward thinking and a job well done-

It is a nice car and I think it is much better thought out than the Shelby GT. Just the small touches are a sign of good engineering, i.e.: 373 gears, enclosed cold air kit, larger cold air elbow (appears this way), badging & design ques, engineerd sound form original Bullit car and especially the $31K price tag , without ADM's! These things make this car a very personalized car that any red blooded American can afford, I applaud FOMOCO for being so forward thinking and a job well done-

+1

+1

+2 I think you hit the nail on the head!Now if Dodge wasn't dumb enough to blaspheme the Charger with 2 extra doors,BTW my first car was a 1968 Dodge Charger,Kick ass car!Just think,We could have a remake that would really be neat!

+2 I think you hit the nail on the head!Now if Dodge wasn't dumb enough to blaspheme the Charger with 2 extra doors,BTW my first car was a 1968 Dodge Charger,Kick ass car!Just think,We could have a remake that would really be neat!

+1

I always hated the 2 door deal. I know it was the platform and all that encompasses it but, I saw a pic of a company that did a 2 door version, and it was sweet..............

Here it is:

http://www.forceperformance.biz/

Sweet or what? Thats how it should of come out me thinks..................... :)

OH YEAH!That is what it should have been from the beginning!Man is that SWEET!!!!!! If it was like that,I would have one for sure!Then me and my son could do our own little BULLITT remake.

+1 :)

Anywho, Back to the Bullit topic,

Has anybody seen this Bullit video?

:)

That was good!I'll make this quick,Sometimes when the wifey is,Let's say cranky,Junior and I will lock ourselves in the living room and watch the Bullitt chase seen 2 or 3 times,500 watt Surround sound full blast,Man I usually have to pay for it but it is worth it!

That was good!I'll make this quick,Sometimes when the wifey is,Let's say cranky,Junior and I will lock ourselves in the living room and watch the Bullitt chase seen 2 or 3 times,500 watt Surround sound full blast,Man I usually have to pay for it but it is worth it!

:lol:

I hear ya...........................

Archived