TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Bullitt has landed

RogerS

Called two Ford dealers today,Guess what they had no idea about the Bullitt!I tried to get some release information and they couldn't help me,What a bunch of goobers!Suprised there hasn't been a commercial yet.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really glad it did not come out with that "new Hurricane" 5.0 motor with like 425 HP like the rumors a while back. That would of driven down the value of our prized Shelby's. Also said they were coming out with a boss 'stang so where is that?

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_ne...7_ford_mustangs

The Bullitt is ok, but I truly believe we have the best looking cars on the road and that includes the Cobra :o

I'm really glad it did not come out with that "new Hurricane" 5.0 motor with like 425 HP like the rumors a while back. That would of driven down the value of our prized Shelby's. Also said they were coming out with a boss 'stang so where is that?

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_ne...7_ford_mustangs

The Bullitt is ok, but I truly believe we have the best looking cars on the road and that includes the Cobra :o

The Huricane is to be the "new" engine in the Mustang and will feature 350 HP in the 09 Mustang GT and 400 HP in the all new Boss. Now you all know why I was so dismayed with Shelby pointing out 319 Hp in the Shelby GT when that model will be bypassed with the all new Hurricane engine for the 09 Shelby to come, possibly a GT350 with 400 naturally aspirated horse power, that will be a nice car with plenty of ponies for me!

Note: Only hype on the GT350 no real news just my opinion~ Amy said in a few years, and that, 2009, is a few years!

Called two Ford dealers today,Guess what they had no idea about the Bullitt!I tried to get some release information and they couldn't help me,What a bunch of goobers!Suprised there hasn't been a commercial yet.

Ford really hasn't given the dealers ANY info yet. The only thing I've seen pop up is that the package will be around 1800 bucks and production starts in December. We aren't able to place orders yet. We are about 30 days from production and NO info. Go figure.

Anybody know anybody looking for a Warriors in Pink edition? I have a black coupe and a black convertible. Make a great Christmas present for somebodys wife! Only 2500 to be made.

I'm sure I'll get at least 1 Bullitt as well. Accepting orders at MSRP

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/11/ford-re...n-pink-package/

Close but different from the Shelby GT--lets face it--only so many changes you can make to an underlying GT. The engine tune is unique--sensors developed to read the fuel--one tune for regular and one for prem--on that point expect engine performance on prem to be the same as the stock Shelby GT.

Suspension--yes a different suspension--lowered but only SLIGHLTY...as this is coming from Ford for the general market they have to run a suspension that the 'general' public can live with...firmer, handles better then a stock Mustang GT but it is not lowered as much nor as stiff as the Shelby GT--it isn't the Ford Racing Handling Package.

Exhaust--specifically tuned to mimic the sound track from the movie--of course idiots will change it out for 'loud' .... Brake pads are more aggressive for better stopping power--great but no slight to the Shelby GT--you all can have your brake pads changed and get the same result.

I predict that within the next year one of the mustang mags will to a side by side comparision of the SGT and the Bullitt.

I think it was 5.0 (or maybe MMFF) did a comparision of the 03 Mach1, the 03 Cobra and the 01 Bullitt a few years ago.

Yes, they did....the Mach won out overall. And no, I will not take THAT bet! :)

Close but different from the Shelby GT--lets face it--only so many changes you can make to an underlying GT. The engine tune is unique--sensors developed to read the fuel--one tune for regular and one for prem--on that point expect engine performance on prem to be the same as the stock Shelby GT.

Suspension--yes a different suspension--lowered but only SLIGHLTY...as this is coming from Ford for the general market they have to run a suspension that the 'general' public can live with...firmer, handles better then a stock Mustang GT but it is not lowered as much nor as stiff as the Shelby GT--it isn't the Ford Racing Handling Package.

Exhaust--specifically tuned to mimic the sound track from the movie--of course idiots will change it out for 'loud' .... Brake pads are more aggressive for better stopping power--great but no slight to the Shelby GT--you all can have your brake pads changed and get the same result.

+1

But, i don't think it's going to be loud enough........................ :)

just priced out a Bullit on concepts. the car is on HOLD until..., but the MSRP is 33515. i put shaker 1000, HID, and abmient lighting.

just thought yall would like to know that

michael morris

Keep us posted as I may be interested! :D

as many mustangs as i have sold over the last few months they better give me at least one. let me know if you want it. im expecting a call for the zone mgr and im asking for 2 or 3 of them. worst she can say is NO

michael morris

The more I look it really is not a bad car for the dollar. The car has a lot of things going for it in the performance department straight from Ford. I know now why SAI did not wnat to build any more SGTs as this car would make them drop their $prices$ big time and they would not sell 6000 cars this year. SAI is very smart as they struck will the iron was HOT. Also they are both limited edition cars that are numbered, and with factory performance upgrades. The car dollar for dollar is good, however I like bling in my cars and this is plain car, but still has its place and will definately sell especially if it does not have BIG ADM's. I think it will still sell even if it does have ADM's just not as fast. Limited production cars always find a place in someones garage-

i would have got sick to my stomach if the Bullit came out with a 5.0L. i would have traded my SGT for one.

yes i did say i would have traded my SGT for a Bullit <_<

i love the clean look. to me thats perfect

i believe they had to increase the HP of the car steve mcqueen drove in the movie to keep up with the higher HP charger B)

i would have got sick to my stomach if the Bullit came out with a 5.0L. i would have traded my SGT for one.

yes i did say i would have traded my SGT for a Bullit <_<

i love the clean look. to me thats perfect

i believe they had to increase the HP of the car steve mcqueen drove in the movie to keep up with the higher HP charger B)

I am with you, the higher the HP the better. I am not a status quo type person and I want what other people don't have. That is why ALL high HP cars are more collectable, in the long run, than lower HP cars. Anyone can buy a low HP car and only the baddest and the best have the huge HP cars. So McQueens car was a GT390 which pushed 330 (rated) HP but really was around a 400 HP car. I do like the Bullet especially for the dollar cost, just not enough bling for me-

i just got off the phone with my REP. i asked here since i have sold so many SGTs could she get me a couple of Bullitts. her answer was that they are doing the Bullitt like the KR. kinda going to be on a lottery system. so now im going to start calling my friends higher up and see if i can get one. we will see what happens. so look out boys here comes the ADM :(

michael morris

Michael, I don't think that Ford's strategy will work with the Bullitt and the number of cars they are going to produce. Think about it for a scecond, almost the same amount as the first year of the SGT? Big lottery, wouldn't you say? You will get your share. But I'm afraid your right on the ADM's.

AFBLUE, you are CLOSED :lol: . your a done deal. :lol:

Roger, we were just talking about that. its going to be the same as the 07 SGT. FORD" each dealer MIGHT get 1, if you get 2 it MUST be an auto" FORD " how many you want and we dont care about the transmission, order like you want them"

i think it will be the same way. theres 3000 dealers and 7700 Bullitts? even if some big dealer wanted 5 that still plenty for every dealer to get at least one.

dont think they will have ADMs. just producing to many of them.

michael morris

Ummm I think at first the ADM will be present but after a while, just like the SGT's, the ADM will fade. Too many people including GT500 people just got laid in the grass when they paid ADM's so I think after the initial dose of Bullit's they be dropping the prices just like the "all" Shelby's. Too many people hurt and the word is out, buy a car above MSRP and your going to be double-crushed financially. Buy a car at MSRP and you just a crushed financially until the depreciation flows out and the marklet is stable. Then the cars might go back to normal selling prices, but who knows they could just be another "steed for every need" and too many "special editions" can put a glut in the market and then they will take a while to come out of the dirt ~

I think these continuous "special editions" and the dealer lotteries to get them are just a corporate ploy to keep their dealership network driven during what is a pretty lame product lineup.

The salesmen find out they are getting ONE or TWO cars, start thinking about the killings on ADM'S and then the salesman dont leave to go to Toyota or Honda where they are fairly guaranteed to sell more cars each month.

I dont really see anyone getting excited about the Ford 500, er I mean Taurus, the Focus everyone wants isnt coming to the US and well trucks always sell, no real excitment there. Oh , the new Escape?, thats got everyone running to Ford dealerships. :blink: The Edge?....if Derek Jeter came with the dang car?, instead of trying to sell it to me every 5 seconds (on TV) but short of that.?

I don't get ADM fees, what good are they.

There's a Ford dealership a few blocks from my home with an SGT on the floor. They are asking 12,000.00 over sticker, and they have been sitting on this car for over 5 months. There can't be any profit in this.

Meanwhile, I drove 90 miles south to another Ford dealership to buy with no ADM fees. I have 3500 miles on my SGT now, and I drive by the other SGT almost everyday. I know the rule of the jungle, someone will be hungry enough to over pay someday, but it is kind of like fishing without bait for the dealer, yes?

Yes, the Bullitt is rather plain looking, but wasn't that it's charm as the star of the movie? BRG Mustang fastback with American mags, a-typical for the times. The excitement was the driver, and still the best chase scene ever filmed, IMHO.

To be closer to the original, it should have a N/A 5.4L

EDIT...Seems no one caught my bad, calling the original Bullitt car a "coupe". It was indeed as fastback, and I corrected myself.

I dont get it either. I mean, ok, when the car first came out, I could see the dealers trying to get what they could, but after the car is sitting on the lot for months & months?

Over 2000 2007 SGT's still on dealer lots, thats what I would tell the salesmen now, good luck getting over sticker now chump.

The one I ordered (last Dec, that they tried getting 50k from me for) is still sitting on the lot, outside, with a cheesy flag on the antenna, good job!

Micheal Morris, you should be getting at least one new Bullitt as there are 7000 to go around (700 to Canada) and all will be manual shifts, no autos. As many people simply don't "get" the Bullitt car and what its all about, there shouldn't be any ADM's. They'll complain of it looking too drab and plain, but that's what this car is all about. Subtle strength, not bling. Make sure you order the Highland Green for correctness. By the way, no dash plaque. It's a numbered plate on the cross-tower brace under the hood. It does have special mufflers and modified H-pipe as well . Shocks and springs have been replaced with better units. Suspension is lowered only 1/4" for daily driver duties, not too harsh. Motor Trend clocked a 0-60 time of 5.0 secs flat and a 1/4 mile time of 13.7 seconds, which could easily be improved with a good driver and a more worn-in car. The car is very coll!

Micheal Morris, you should be getting at least one new Bullitt as there are 7000 to go around (700 to Canada) and all will be manual shifts, no autos. As many people simply don't "get" the Bullitt car and what its all about, there shouldn't be any ADM's. They'll complain of it looking too drab and plain, but that's what this car is all about. Subtle strength, not bling. Make sure you order the Highland Green for correctness. By the way, no dash plaque. It's a numbered plate on the cross-tower brace under the hood. It does have special mufflers and modified H-pipe as well . Shocks and springs have been replaced with better units. Suspension is lowered only 1/4" for daily driver duties, not too harsh. Motor Trend clocked a 0-60 time of 5.0 secs flat and a 1/4 mile time of 13.7 seconds, which could easily be improved with a good driver and a more worn-in car. The car is very coll!

Hmmmm? :D

those are the exact numbers that were quoted for the SGT's performance.

As many people simply don't "get" the Bullitt car and what its all about, there shouldn't be any ADM's. They'll complain of it looking too drab and plain, but that's what this car is all about. Subtle strength, not bling.

I hope you don't confuse my comments about it being "dull" to be anything more than MY opinion for me. I know that's the intent of the car and I know there is a sizable number of people wanting that and that's fine! They no doubt think the SGT is "too much" bling. It's not a knock on the car as much as it is an expression of my taste.

Archived