TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett Jackson Shelby?

railrider_merged

Silly.

They just photoshopped a black SGT and added the red tint to the silver stripes (poorly, I might add).

I can somewhat understand and swallow Ford going after the niche markets with the "Steed for every breed" slogan, but some of these after market guys making up their own is a stretch. I'm going to take my Shelby and remove all the "Shelby" badges and replace them with my favorite football team / corporate sponsor / music group / dog breed / breakfast cereal and have a one-off "special edition" hand-made car! Only $100,000 and it can be yours!

Silly.

They just photoshopped a black SGT and added the red tint to the silver stripes (poorly, I might add).

I can somewhat understand and swallow Ford going after the niche markets with the "Steed for every breed" slogan, but some of these after market guys making up their own is a stretch. I'm going to take my Shelby and remove all the "Shelby" badges and replace them with my favorite football team / corporate sponsor / music group / dog breed / breakfast cereal and have a one-off "special edition" hand-made car! Only $100,000 and it can be yours!

Yeah it reminds me of that crap that the American Chopper guys build....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-BARRETT-...1QQcmdZViewItem wonder whats next...also keep hearing the 2009 mustang will have atleast 350 horses standard?

Now that just makes me sick! I agree with the other poster here, put my favorite team on here, my fav. shopping center, my fav. bank, my fav.dog or cat etc... What a bunch of crap*. Anything to make a buck. I still can't believe it, unreal!

Now that just makes me sick! I agree with the other poster here, put my favorite team on here, my fav. shopping center, my fav. bank, my fav.dog or cat etc... What a bunch of crap*. Anything to make a buck. I still can't believe it, unreal!

Guys this is real, a request from Ford and the Arizona dealers, there ar only 100 and that is the end of the 2008 shelby GT, there will not be an 09

Amy

Guys this is real, a request from Ford and the Arizona dealers, there ar only 100 and that is the end of the 2008 shelby GT, there will not be an 09

Amy

I think it looks great and i am not usually to fond of red. :)

Amy

WOW, I think you guys missed the most important part of Amy's post, "that is the end of the 2008 shelby GT, there will not be an 09."

Amy are you refering to the Job 1 2008s or is there going to be a job 2 2008 also? If only Job 1 then, that leaves around 8000 total Shelby GTs? Amy please elaborate.

Amy

OK, if Amy says it's real...then it's real but what makes it a "Barrett Jackson Shelby"? The dealer says it a GT350. :rolleyes: That's a common mistake. Is it just a Shelby GT with a red stripe with it's own BJ badging? But the question we all want to know....will it have it's own rear gas cap? Honestly...I think it should. :lol:

This is all I found in the listing:

LIMITED EDITION SHELBY GT350 ARIZONA

Barrett-Jackson Limited Edition Plaque

Barrett-Jackson Limited Edition Decal Placed On Rear Side Scoops And Engraved On Door Sill Plate

Autograph Framed Picture Of Carroll Shelby And Craig Jackson With Vehicles

BLACK WITH RED STRIPES only

Amy

Amy-do you have a better picture you could show us-the photo shopped one looks kind of bad. Is this going to be a Shelby GT-_ like the grabber orange Shelby GT-C? I've seen a black GT500 with the red stripe package and it looks cool-I'm sure this would too if the pics weren't so cheesy.

i like black with red, but i dont think i want barret jackson all over a car i own. just me, now if they came out with a limited number of MM cars. can we say money making machine!!!!! :lol:

michael morris

MM maybe you can request a Georgia edition in black with camoflage stripes with curb feelers and buckmasters decals!! :D :D They could come with an autographed picture of you and Adam O. (SAI's payrolled employees too busy to come all the way to GA so they send you the next best thing)! :P

Isnt this the same color combo as the GT500 limited one? You had one on Ebay at one time if I remember correctly Michael M. I recall us talking about it months back. And I am amazed they are making at GT350 at only 100 units and its just a badge change.

I think we need Amy to clarify. I can understand if it is a special edition for Barret Jackson but I don't think the GT350 is correct. Even last week Amy had posted that a GT350 was years away if ever.

If what she said was correct about 2008 being the last for the SGT then I would think that the GT-350 would be what is coming in 2009. Didn't Ford say it would take 3 years to get geared up for the production? 2009 would be the third year.

I think we need Amy to clarify. I can understand if it is a special edition for Barret Jackson but I don't think the GT350 is correct. Even last week Amy had posted that a GT350 was years away if ever.

Dealers calling the SGT a GT350 is a common mistake by "misinformed" dealers. This stuff must make Amy :angry:

It's no different than this listing of a 2007 SGT...

eBay listing of a 2007 SGT GT350

I see he now has a BJ convertible listed.

eBay listing of 2008 BJ convertible

Dealers calling the SGT a GT350 is a common mistake by "misinformed" dealers. This stuff must make Amy :angry:

It's no different than this listing of a 2007 SGT...

eBay listing of a 2007 SGT GT350

I see he now has a BJ convertible listed.

eBay listing of 2008 BJ convertible

Amy already said it was a special edition Shelby GT earlier in this thread.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?s=&...indpost&p=32757

why is everyone worried about the GT350? the 350 name meant nothing to MR shelby so why should it mean anything more to us?you cant bring back 1966.dont worry guys the shelby GT will have its own place in history as the first factory shelby after 40 years.I think the GT500 owners are the ones getting geared up for a let down.they are paying a premium for nothing more than a glorified SVT cobra ( MOA)not to say those cars are not bad as heck but hey they didnt make the trip to vegas for the upfitting did they!

Amy already said it was a special edition Shelby GT earlier in this thread.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?s=&...indpost&p=32757

Yes, it's a special edition AZ SGT...I'm just pointing out that it's not the "GT350" as some dealers call it. If Shelby builts a GT350...it's not Back and red from AZ.

Personally, I love my SGT and I don't have to call it a GT350 to be any more special to me.

Has anybody actually clicked on the 2008 BJ :lol: convertible,Sorry the name makes me laugh,Some of us think not having a special fuel cap is a bad thing,Hope they put "BJ" on this one!Anyway,If you read the listing it says that the VIN# is for a different car,The picture is photochopped,AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST,When you win the "BJ" :lol: you can pay 1K and wait until January to get it!Let the bidding begin!"BJ" :lol::lol::lol: These owners are realy going to get a ribbing!

Has anybody actually clicked on the 2008 BJ :lol: convertible,Sorry the name makes me laugh,Some of us think not having a special fuel cap is a bad thing,Hope they put "BJ" on this one!Anyway,If you read the listing it says that the VIN# is for a different car,The picture is photochopped,AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST,When you win the "BJ" :lol: you can pay 1K and wait until January to get it!Let the bidding begin!"BJ" :lol::lol::lol: These owners are realy going to get a ribbing!

Sounds all too familiar...like Jan-Feb of this year for the SGT (all state version). :lol:

Archived