TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Scoop again !!

07Shelby_merged

I'm getting sick and tired of the run around (AMY ) from Causeway Ford in Manahawkin ,N.J. I've Been waiting 3 weeks for my racing strips and 4th new hood scoop ! Now today I was informed by the body shop that Shelby isnt going to do a dam thing ... Now.. all of a sudden , they want a photo of the hood scoop (Again) and why I'm upset !! You.'ve got to be kidding !!! Why am I upset !!!! lets see.... the hood scoop is deformed and sticking up In fact.. I stuck a comb between the hood and the scoop in the space where its sticking up for the photo to be sent to shelbys service rep !!! Now I'm going to pursue the Lemon Law !!!!!! 3 times to repair ...and your out !!! Car has 419 miles on it .. and I cant enjoy it Im pissed offf !!! Where the hell is Carroll Shelby ...C'mo Carroll , look at your creation and what they did to it !!! This whole thing is a dam joke ! Not only that ... the body shop said No way in hell is he going to put rivots in my hood !!! Cause thats not the new fix ..Thats because there aint no fix !!! Its screw the customer !! Well we'll see about that !

I'm getting sick and tired of the run around (AMY ) from Causeway Ford in Manahawkin ,N.J. I've Been waiting 3 weeks for my racing strips and 4th new hood scoop ! Now today I was informed by the body shop that Shelby isnt going to do a dam thing ... Now.. all of a sudden , they want a photo of the hood scoop (Again) and why I'm upset !! You.'ve got to be kidding !!! Why am I upset !!!! lets see.... the hood scoop is deformed and sticking up In fact.. I stuck a comb between the hood and the scoop in the space where its sticking up for the photo to be sent to shelbys service rep !!! Now I'm going to pursue the Lemon Law !!!!!! 3 times to repair ...and your out !!! Car has 419 miles on it .. and I cant enjoy it Im pissed offf !!! Where the hell is Carroll Shelby ...C'mo Carroll , look at your creation and what they did to it !!! This whole thing is a dam joke ! Not only that ... the body shop said No way in hell is he going to put rivots in my hood !!! Cause thats not the new fix ..Thats because there aint no fix !!! Its screw the customer !! Well we'll see about that !

Calm down! The fix works. Your dealer won't do it take it to the local body shop.

CALM DOWN!!

My dealer doesnt know it yet but their fixing it or buying it back !! Ill fix it myself if I have to See the red vette in my photo .. its funny a 76 vette doesnt have the problems a brand new Shelby gt has !

NO hood scoop issue should have you this mad. Sorry man but either settle down or go see your lawyer-

I don't know anymore...Maybe I'm the rusty/nutty one here? Someone living in his past? Maybe I should change my screenname to "Neil Young-Rust Never Sleeps?"

One of the most attractive points to me (emotionally speaking) about this 2007 Shelby GT automobile was several throw-back, or, "retro" imperfections I saw in this car before I bought it. Retro things that made me buy a copy of a 2007 Shelby GT. Like I said, maybe I the rusty/nutty one here...

The hood scoop wasn't perfect, I could see that at delivery. So what, my last scoop never looked perfect either.

My back seat didn't fold down like my '67 did. <bleep>...I miss that.

The "shaker" is now an audio component, not a hood scoop...WTF?

And so on, and so on, and on...

Yeah...I paid a lot more for this 2007 Shelby GT than I paid for my '67 Mustang GTA, but in dollars and sense, as well as joy and fun, it is as much (if not better) a deal. I'm having more fun and getting more joy, than I ever expected. Guess I'm more nostalgic than wise?

Back in my days, hoods scoops were rivited on, and we didn't have much to work with either. Exhaust systems were not "kits". We made it up as we drove along, and not all of it held together very long. Most of it blew off after one or two passes from the "safe" stoplight. Rear ends were weaker, and any "posi-traction" was a coin toss to begin with. We stuck with the gear ratio we wanted, but the rest of it was rather soft and needed week-end work almost every week end. Likewise, you never knew if you could stop from where you were headed until you had too. Many times, I was lucky to slip through a red light without cross traffic, or, a cop, simply because I could not stop what I had started.

Yeah, there is a lot of "retro" feelings here in this 2007 Shelby GT, and I love every one of them. I thank my Lord every day that most of them have been improved. Otherwise, I would have killed myself on my test drive, looking for the weaknesses of my days passed.

But...If this stuff isn't for you in today's climate, guess you have to do what you got to do. Go ahead, pursue the "lemon law", see what it can do for you. Best wishes, and sorry you gave up so soon on a classic repro of a "the seat of your pants" sports car.

Be safe,

SergntMac@aol.com

I don't know anymore...Maybe I'm the rusty/nutty one here? Someone living in his past? Maybe I should change my screenname to "Neil Young-Rust Never Sleeps?"

One of the most attractive points to me (emotionally speaking) about this 2007 Shelby GT automobile was several throw-back, or, "retro" imperfections I saw in this car before I bought it. Retro things that made me buy a copy of a 2007 Shelby GT. Like I said, maybe I the rusty/nutty one here...

The hood scoop wasn't perfect, I could see that at delivery. So what, my last scoop never looked perfect either.

My back seat didn't fold down like my '67 did. <bleep>...I miss that.

The "shaker" is now an audio component, not a hood scoop...WTF?

And so on, and so on, and on...

Yeah...I paid a lot more for this 2007 Shelby GT than I paid for my '67 Mustang GTA, but in dollars and sense, as well as joy and fun, it is as much (if not better) a deal. I'm having more fun and getting more joy, than I ever expected. Guess I'm more nostalgic than wise?

Back in my days, hoods scoops were rivited on, and we didn't have much to work with either. Exhaust systems were not "kits". We made it up as we drove along, and not all of it held together very long. Most of it blew off after one or two passes from the "safe" stoplight. Rear ends were weaker, and any "posi-traction" was a coin toss to begin with. We stuck with the gear ratio we wanted, but the rest of it was rather soft and needed week-end work almost every week end. Likewise, you never knew if you could stop from where you were headed until you had too. Many times, I was lucky to slip through a red light without cross traffic, or, a cop, simply because I could not stop what I had started.

Yeah, there is a lot of "retro" feelings here in this 2007 Shelby GT, and I love every one of them. I thank my Lord every day that most of them have been improved. Otherwise, I would have killed myself on my test drive, looking for the weaknesses of my days passed.

But...If this stuff isn't for you in today's climate, guess you have to do what you got to do. Go ahead, pursue the "lemon law", see what it can do for you. Best wishes, and sorry you gave up so soon on a classic repro of a "the seat of your pants" sports car.

Be safe,

SergntMac@aol.com

just notice my scoop in back is up , anybody have this problem, i dont know why they just didnt put the gth hood on and just leave it alone

07 please read my post on page 2 of this thread. It will explain the procedure. Not all dealers know wtf they are doing...shocking to those that werent aware. And it hasnt been offically announced from SAI. The reasons this is happening is way beyond being useful, its just time to get you fixed and down on the heart attack scale :)

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?showtopic=2869&st=20

After sending the info to John let your dealer know you are doing this and let them duke it out. If the dealer wont help I am sure John will find one that will, WONT YOU JOHN???????

Of course he will. Let us know what happens please :)

Well ... I've cooled down today ..and made a decesion that I won't have a 4th scoop replaced. We are going to put back my original scoop ,that came with the car..it wasnt that bad .The dealer has to send back my original scoop to shelby , we figured if the 4th scoop was defective then I wouldnt have the original scoop to put on the car and I really dont want to drill 20 holes in the hood to install rivots .So I'm going to live with it . aagghh

Well ... I've cooled down today ..and made a decesion that I won't have a 4th scoop replaced. We are going to put back my original scoop ,that came with the car..it wasnt that bad .The dealer has to send back my original scoop to shelby , we figured if the 4th scoop was defective then I wouldnt have the original scoop to put on the car and I really dont want to drill 20 holes in the hood to install rivots .So I'm going to live with it . aagghh

Bravo! I applaud your decision. Not much today is absolutely perfect, but hopefully you will come to love much more about your SGT and get past it's few shortcomings. It really is one great automobile and one to be proud of. Best wishes, be safe.

Well as long as you can live with it is what counts. I just wish you could see one in person that has been rivoted down. If you have someone qualified to do it it turns out great.

Archived