TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trouble at th Mustang ranch

SGT MAN

From the pages of Auto Week, "It looks like Unique Performance,The Texas company producing a host of modern muscle cars with Carrol Shelby and Chip Foose badges,is in trouble. On October 5th,Shelby's licensing branch announced it had taken steps to sever the relationship with Unique Performance after numerous complaints and several lawsuits filed by customers who had paid money for continuation Shelby gt350Srs and GT500E eleanors,But had not received their cars.those cars are refurbished original modelsbrought up to more modern standards of safety and performance. prices range from$100,000 to $200,000.Unique Performance CEO Doug Hasty could not be reached for comment" HMMMMMMMMMMMMM!Makes you wonder what's up.

Seems obvious to me after reading the article. You don't want to be associated with people who under or never deliver on a promise. Especially if your name is tied to it in a licensing agreement. I would think it could be a breach.

was thinking the same thing Stump......must have been horrible to be a chump with a 10k (or higher) deposit on a Series 1, languishing for a couple of months/years with no hope in sight ....and then whammo....CS hires Amy and less than 2 years later .....all is good in Shelby land.

Wonder what people were saying about SAI then.......

was thinking the same thing Stump......must have been horrible to be a chump with a 10k (or higher) deposit on a Series 1, languishing for a couple of months/years with no hope in sight ....and then whammo....CS hires Amy and less than 2 years later .....all is good in Shelby land.

Wonder what people were saying about SAI then.......

Was it the Series 1's or the Cobra's?

I was thinking they were something like 150 cars behind and some of those cars were more than 2 years on the wait list.

I've seen some of Uniques' work. All I have to say is VERY NICE work and I'm not just saying that because of....edit: can't say on this board due to contractual reasons.

(See, secrets and teasers suck don't they!) :D

THIS WAS ONLY A LICENSE DEAL AS I UNDERSTAND IT. IF IT WAS MORE AMY AND CAROL WOULD HAVE TAKEN CARE OF THIS ALSO. THE INTEGRITY AND VALUES OF SHELBY AUTOS SINCE AMY HAS BEEN THERE HAS SET A NEW STANDARD IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY.

ALSO -I THINK THE DEBT WAS I LOT LESS THAN 6 MILLION. I REMEMBER THAT THEY HAD 10k DEPOSITS ON 100-150 COBRAS NOT SERIES ONE

AND THAT IS BEHIND THEM.

I BELIEVE SHELBY HAS TO BE ONE OF THEY MOST SUCCESSFUL TURN AROUNDS IN HISTORY REMEMBER THAT WAS ONLY WHAT 2 OR 3 YEARS AGO AND ABOUT 20,000 NEW OWNERS (GT-500 AND SGT'S)

GREAT JOB! AMY AND EVERYBODY AT SHELBY AUTOS

SHELBYGUY

Archived