TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Vibration/feedback in shifter

SGT ShuttleGuy

I'm getting some vibration noise (rattle) sometimes when I am accelerating, mostly in 2nd and 3rd. There's also feedback vibration/pulsing I can feel in the shifter knob when I let up off the gas and the gears are slowing the car down (also most noticable in 2nd and 3rd). I checked the bolts that have been previously discussed on another thread but everything's tight. Probably need to take it to the dealer. Just wanted to get some thoughts before I let them take it. Transmission? Drive shaft? I'm guessing it's not a Hurst shifter linkage issue. I've got about 2100 miles so break in shouldn't be an issue, as well(?)

Appreciate everyone's thoughts.

I'm getting some vibration noise (rattle) sometimes when I am accelerating, mostly in 2nd and 3rd. There's also feedback vibration/pulsing I can feel in the shifter knob when I let up off the gas and the gears are slowing the car down (also most noticable in 2nd and 3rd). I checked the bolts that have been previously discussed on another thread but everything's tight. Probably need to take it to the dealer. Just wanted to get some thoughts before I let them take it. Transmission? Drive shaft? I'm guessing it's not a Hurst shifter linkage issue. I've got about 2100 miles so break in shouldn't be an issue, as well(?)

Appreciate everyone's thoughts.

I'm pretty sure you will find that that is common to these cars,As I have driven a few,All low,low,Mileage and they all do it.The standard Mustang GT does it also,But you feel it less because the shifter is more isolated!

My SGT makes all kinds of odd noises.Like this strange tire squealing sound I get when I shift from 1st to 2nd,And 2nd to 3rd at 6000 RPM!Honestly these cars make a bunch of strange sounds,You will get used to them or spend a LOT OF TIME AT THE DEALER!BTW did the dealer get you to sign that form that came with all of these cars about not warranting against noises because of the Shelby mods?Mine just left the envelope in the console!

i hear all kinds of rattles and vibrations.

i still cant figure out why my passenger seat rattles. sometimes i have to hit it to make it stop.

AND AGAIN, NO I DONT HAVE A WHINY WOMAN RIDING IN THE SEAT

the passenger seat is unoccupied.

also i hear a little bit of rattle near my glove box or just above it.

maybe its a mouse running on an exercise wheel.

a low budget supercharger?

Archived