TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody looking to mod,Or just S197 Platform info.

07SHELBY GT

Not trying to steer you away from this site as the one I mention is not Shelby specific,But it is S197 Platform specific,So you won't have to wade through endless info that doesn't pertain to your car!Lot's of good mod and repair info on www.S197.com

As i just replied in another thread,If you join this site,You can get access to some TSB's.Very useful,Especially if your dealer is not too giving of info,Sometimes if you present them with a problem and a TSB,They realize you are not to be swept under the carpet as many will do,Been there,Done that,Presented them with the TSB they were unable to find themselves,YEAH RIGHT!,Then they fixed it !There job is to avoid warranty work,Techs hate it because it pays very little!Don't be fooled,Lot's of them are your best friend on the sales end,Not to quick on the repair end!Sound familiar!

As i just replied in another thread,If you join this site,You can get access to some TSB's.Very useful,Especially if your dealer is not too giving of info,Sometimes if you present them with a problem and a TSB,They realize you are not to be swept under the carpet as many will do,Been there,Done that,Presented them with the TSB they were unable to find themselves,YEAH RIGHT!,Then they fixed it !There job is to avoid warranty work,Techs hate it because it pays very little!Don't be fooled,Lot's of them are your best friend on the sales end,Not to quick on the repair end!Sound familiar!

I just want to set something straight. No service guy is going to NOT TELL YOU about a TSB IF they know about it. There is ZERO incentive for them to do that and hurts them. They get money from Ford to do these. Often at at a shop rate and time greater than needed. It's free money to them and a for sure sale to you. So again there is a HUGE misconception out there as if you're costing the dealership money or something and nothing could be further from the truth.

No having said that, there are literally tens of thousands of TSBs with hundreds new each year. No service guy is going to know them the way you will when you're focused on one model and one year(s).

I have no love of service people but it's because they're not the brightest bulbs in the bunch not be because they're trying to rip me off...well, no more than any other auto joint.

I just want to set something straight. No service guy is going to NOT TELL YOU about a TSB IF they know about it. There is ZERO incentive for them to do that and hurts them. They get money from Ford to do these. Often at at a shop rate and time greater than needed. It's free money to them and a for sure sale to you. So again there is a HUGE misconception out there as if you're costing the dealership money or something and nothing could be further from the truth.

No having said that, there are literally tens of thousands of TSBs with hundreds new each year. No service guy is going to know them the way you will when you're focused on one model and one year(s).

I have no love of service people but it's because they're not the brightest bulbs in the bunch not be because they're trying to rip me off...well, no more than any other auto joint.

You are correct in one respect,But having many friends that work at dealerships,I KNOW FOR A FACT,Work done on a customer pay job,Pays more to the tech,And dealer hourwise than a warranty job ever will,Now since the techs would rather work on CUSTOMER PAY JOBS,That make them more money,They tend to raise hell at some warranty work,Which in turn makes for some service writers to disregard you!Especially if they have plenty of customer pay jobs.I have personally taken a vehicle in to have it repaired without doing research only to be told,NO PROBLEM FOUND.So I do a little research,Find aTSB that pertains to the exact problem,And presto now they seem to be able to find it!When they had the chance to look for it when my car was there. in the first place.The reason for my post was to make YOU GUYS,More informed in case of any problems you may have,So you don't have to go to the dealership twice or three times as I have had too in the past.Remember I didn't say all dealerships are bad,But if you think they love warranty work ,You are sadly mistaken.This post was to allow people to be more informed,If I offended you personally in some way,I am sorry,That was never the point.

I'll agree that the dealers dont really want to do warranty work !

i asked them to re-tach the weld on my muffler for the rear hanger because it was squeeking on every little bump sounded like crap ! the weld wasnt fully broke only on the side of the weld to the muffler ifound the squeek by pushing up on the muffler itself and could see the hanger was'nt moving as much as the muffler, anyways the lead mechanic there told me that it is normal that its the way its suppose to be so it will flex and not break as easy ! :P nice huh ??? i have a welder and do alot of welding and have never heard of a flexable weld !!!!! i didnt want to do it myself because if i burned a hole in the muffler then they wouldnt fix it ! i didnt argue with him though just rolled my eyes and left because i was taking it in the following week for orig 40's anyways !!!!!!!!!! :D

Archived