TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thanks to all of you!

RogerS

This is an open letter of thanks to many people who, without their help and support this project 07SGT5322 would not have seen the light of day.

After many grueling months of frustration, anxiety and anticipation 07SGT5322 has finally found its new home. An extremely emotional ending chapter with many ongoing chapters to follow. Absolutely stunning is all I can say. With my associated history of the Shelby Brand and fascination and intrigue with the Man it has all come full circle.

I feel the need to acknowledge many people who made this happen and the support of all who had an outside interest.

First, Michael Morris, your calming demeanor has helped us though so tough going from the beginning of the process. For all that don’t know you, they need to. You have gone far beyond what any dealer would do in support of this project, your customer and the Shelby Brand. Ford and Shelby should feel honored that you take such interest in customer satisfaction. I could go on but you get the idea. Thanks again for being there when it counted and just being there.

Bud, you are “DA MAN”. If it wasn’t for you, John and Michael this car would just have a special, to me, CSM#. You have been supportive throughout the process. Again, above and beyond. I realize this project placed some undue pressure on you and for that I apologize. You are a person dedicated to keeping your customer happy and satisfied. SAI is very lucky to have you in charge of such a critical aspect of their business. I can never repay you for everything you did. But I do sincerely thank you for everything. I am proud to say that my car was modified buy SAI’s mod shop. Your team does great work under enormous time pressures. Thank all of the guys in the shop for me. I really appreciate their dedication and hard work. I look forward to a continued friendship.

John, thank you very much for making many things happen behind the scenes. You fly under the radar but I do know what you do every day and it does make a difference. While it may not be one of your most famous projects it was challenging. I appreciate your candor, drive for perfection, dedication to the brand and work ethic. Thank you for everything you have done to make this happen.

To the support staff at SAI, Adrienne, Mary, Victoria, Sherri and all of the team who make this a very special experience, thank you very much. And what about the guys in the shop who make this all happen. They transform the ordinary GT to a Shelby. Awesome job guys. You have made many people very happy. Keep up the good work. Amy you should be extremely proud of your entire team. They are some of the best people in the business.

To the members of the forum, Cobrawertz, Mywickedshelby, Webba, DaveC, Clink, Ilmor, Ed S, Swede, AFBLUE, MickeyMustang, Socal, RIHARLEY, Milstang, ColoradoShelby, Shelbydream1, Stump, Matt, Sdear and all of the members of this forum, thank you for the support it really does help when you are waiting such a long time.

To my friend AOD. Adam O’dwyer. Thank you for everything and for being there all of the time. You are a true friend.

To my wife, I am very blessed to have such an understanding partner in life. She took some time out of work today to drive me to pick up the car. We will celebrate 33 years next month. She is terrific and I am glad she can share this lasting memory. It has been a very long journey with many ups and downs but as most of say “it will be worth the wait” and it is. Now excuse me while I go and tear up some asphalt!

As John signs off “Shelby Forever” amen.

This is an open letter of thanks to many people who, without their help and support this project 07SGT5322 would not have seen the light of day.

After many grueling months of frustration, anxiety and anticipation 07SGT5322 has finally found its new home. An extremely emotional ending chapter with many ongoing chapters to follow. Absolutely stunning is all I can say. With my associated history of the Shelby Brand and fascination and intrigue with the Man it has all come full circle.

I feel the need to acknowledge many people who made this happen and the support of all who had an outside interest.

First, Michael Morris, your calming demeanor has helped us though so tough going from the beginning of the process. For all that don’t know you, they need to. You have gone far beyond what any dealer would do in support of this project, your customer and the Shelby Brand. Ford and Shelby should feel honored that you take such interest in customer satisfaction. I could go on but you get the idea. Thanks again for being there when it counted and just being there.

Bud, you are “DA MAN”. If it wasn’t for you, John and Michael this car would just have a special, to me, CSM#. You have been supportive throughout the process. Again, above and beyond. I realize this project placed some undue pressure on you and for that I apologize. You are a person dedicated to keeping your customer happy and satisfied. SAI is very lucky to have you in charge of such a critical aspect of their business. I can never repay you for everything you did. But I do sincerely thank you for everything. I am proud to say that my car was modified buy SAI’s mod shop. Your team does great work under enormous time pressures. Thank all of the guys in the shop for me. I really appreciate their dedication and hard work. I look forward to a continued friendship.

John, thank you very much for making many things happen behind the scenes. You fly under the radar but I do know what you do every day and it does make a difference. While it may not be one of your most famous projects it was challenging. I appreciate your candor, drive for perfection, dedication to the brand and work ethic. Thank you for everything you have done to make this happen.

To the support staff at SAI, Adrienne, Mary, Victoria, Sherri and all of the team who make this a very special experience, thank you very much. And what about the guys in the shop who make this all happen. They transform the ordinary GT to a Shelby. Awesome job guys. You have made many people very happy. Keep up the good work. Amy you should be extremely proud of your entire team. They are some of the best people in the business.

To the members of the forum, Cobrawertz, Mywickedshelby, Webba, DaveC, Clink, Ilmor, Ed S, Swede, AFBLUE, MickeyMustang, Socal, RIHARLEY, Milstang, ColoradoShelby, Shelbydream1, Stump, Matt, Sdear and all of the members of this forum, thank you for the support it really does help when you are waiting such a long time.

To my friend AOD. Adam O’dwyer. Thank you for everything and for being there all of the time. You are a true friend.

To my wife, I am very blessed to have such an understanding partner in life. She took some time out of work today to drive me to pick up the car. We will celebrate 33 years next month. She is terrific and I am glad she can share this lasting memory. It has been a very long journey with many ups and downs but as most of say “it will be worth the wait” and it is. Now excuse me while I go and tear up some asphalt!

As John signs off “Shelby Forever” amen.

You deserve it Bro!

Welcome to the Shelby Gt Support groupe..............

Go for a nice long drive................... :)

Roger it has been a pleasure to get to you and your family. The time my son and I had at Tasca and your house is something I will cherish forever so it is you who I woulkd like to thank.

Bud, do you guys sell Shelby diamond rings? if so let Roger know. He may need to get a big one for an anniversary present ;)

Ok Roger...that is the second post you have made that made me cry !!! :P The other was your story....that was one of the most touching things I have read here.

It was kind of funny last night...I got home from work...checked the board....and my hubby walked by and I said "Roger got his car today !! " I thought to myself wow....here i am in real life telling my husband that someone got their car today that I have never ever met in real life...but it was exciting !! Hard to explain but you understand I am sure ;)

You have been such a constant...calming person on these boards. Always have enjoyed your posts and it's so very exciting to see your dream come true. It sure sounds like alot of great people helped your dream come true, and that is what it is all about. That is what life is all about !

Your wife sounds like she is very lucky too ! It sounds like your life has come together in ways that only most people dream of.

I hope someday that we can all meet for a fun get together !

Sue

Roger,

I am so happy it finally made it home. :D To me, this is going to be one car I will NEVER forget!!!! It does have alot of history that a lot of people do not know--but you do LOL :D I am just glad I could be a part of this automotive history and I wouldn't want it any other way!!!

Thank you Roger for the kind words. It does mean alot to me too--and you know that.

Bud

ps. Now go out and enjoy your car!!!!!! AFTER the roads are cleaned up a bit :unsure: lol

Archived