TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for a daily driver for wifey

autoplay

you guys are all too funny !

She...as in me..hasn't got anything !

Living in Florida...i can drive my Shelby every single day. If I come across a nice older mustang..I iwll buy it for a work car. So far Ralph has been good in the parking garage in a special spot I have for him. My 04 GT parked there for almost 4 years with no dings or anything. Only bummer is it gets dirty faster.

It would be nice to have something to run to the store in..so I wouldn't have to park 5 miles away :rolleyes: :lol:

The Isetta is very cool.

robin

Power came from a 236 cc (14.4 in³) 9.5 hp (7.1 kW) two cylinder two-stroke motorcycle engine. The engine was started by a combination generator-starter known as Dynastart. A manual gearbox provided four forward speeds and reverse. A chain drive connected the gearbox to a solid rear axle with a pair of closely-spaced 10-inch rear wheels. The first prototypes had one wheel at the rear but this made the car prone to roll-overs, so they placed two rear wheels 19 inches apart from each other. This narrow track eliminated the need for a differential. The front axle was a modified version of a Dubonnet independent front suspension. The Isetta took over 30 seconds to reach 30 mph (50 km/h) from rest. Top speed was only about 45 mph (75 km/h). The fuel tank held only 13 litres (3.5 gallons). However, the Isetta would get somewhere between 50 to 70 miles per gallon of gas depending on how it was driven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta

It was cool enough for Elvis!

elvis_isetta5.jpg

link

Where do you guys get this stuff?

ok, Forget the vehicle, where was the photo taken, it looks like great hiking territory.

Dale & I are avid hikers.

Havent gotten her to agree to camp out yet, but we are up to 15 mile day hikes.

Ok, the vehicle and camper would be perfect for all our hiking stuff. :D

http://www.commutercars.com/

As far as performance goes, the Tango is no slouch. Since electric cars--especially small ones--are generally thought to be slow and weak performers we set out to blow some minds by designing the Tango to accelerate through the standing 1/4 mile in 12 seconds at over 120 mph and travel from 0 to 60 mph in 4 seconds.

1Burnout_jpg.jpg

0PrimaryPhoto_jpg.jpg

There's another electric that's a roadster I saw in a mag recently-I believe it was called a Tesla and runs 0-60 in 4 sec and ran close to 200mph-looked kind of miata like

Power came from a 236 cc (14.4 in³) 9.5 hp (7.1 kW) two cylinder two-stroke motorcycle engine. The engine was started by a combination generator-starter known as Dynastart. A manual gearbox provided four forward speeds and reverse. A chain drive connected the gearbox to a solid rear axle with a pair of closely-spaced 10-inch rear wheels. The first prototypes had one wheel at the rear but this made the car prone to roll-overs, so they placed two rear wheels 19 inches apart from each other. This narrow track eliminated the need for a differential. The front axle was a modified version of a Dubonnet independent front suspension. The Isetta took over 30 seconds to reach 30 mph (50 km/h) from rest. Top speed was only about 45 mph (75 km/h). The fuel tank held only 13 litres (3.5 gallons). However, the Isetta would get somewhere between 50 to 70 miles per gallon of gas depending on how it was driven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isetta

It was cool enough for Elvis!

elvis_isetta5.jpg

link

one of my Grandpa's friends was a Shriner and he had an Izetta. I rode in it in a couple of parades when I was a kid and he actually let me drive it when I was like 10 years old--I had almost forgotten about them, there's the new winner.

Archived