TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gasoline

2007_Shelby_GT

NEVER PUT AVIATION GAS IN YOUR FUEL INJECTED CAR!WHY YOU ASK?Because it is of a different specific gravity than Automotive grade fuel,Meaning you would have to run quite a bit richer with it to achieve a safe fuel mix.It is designed for high altitude.You will definately hear of many people who have tried it,And made it out alive,DON'T DO IT,If you dont believe me do a little research on it.My local dragstrip sells unleaded race gas in a variety of octanes for a more agressive tune,But is it worth it at the price it costs,That's up to you!

NEVER PUT AVIATION GAS IN YOUR FUEL INJECTED CAR!WHY YOU ASK?Because it is of a different specific gravity than Automotive grade fuel,Meaning you would have to run quite a bit richer with it to achieve a safe fuel mix.It is designed for high altitude.You will definately hear of many people who have tried it,And made it out alive,DON'T DO IT,If you dont believe me do a little research on it.My local dragstrip sells unleaded race gas in a variety of octanes for a more agressive tune,But is it worth it at the price it costs,That's up to you!

I know that AVgas has a lower volatility than automotive gas, which makes it more suitable for high-altitude/temperatures, but I would think that it could be used as a high performance fuel provided you had proper tuning - fuel injected or not. Lead content is probably higher that auto gas as well, so legally and catalytically speaking it may not be good for you!

I know that AVgas has a lower volatility than automotive gas, which makes it more suitable for high-altitude/temperatures, but I would think that it could be used as a high performance fuel provided you had proper tuning - fuel injected or not. Lead content is probably higher that auto gas as well, so legally and catalytically speaking it may not be good for you!

Avgas thru today's auto's = Not good :(

We use to run avgas in the 70's but with the advent of racing fuels especialy unleaded and todays cats and electonics sensors (O2). Avgas is a bad idea. More harm then good. Race gas for that matter will do nothing for you unless you are running alot of timing.

Archived