TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Impressions of Brenspeed Tune

SGT#507

Short answer: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :):)

Longer answer: My XCal2 with the new Brenspeed Tunes arrived late last Friday, but unfortunately, I was heading out of town and have just now had enough time behind the wheel to give a report. Overall, I am very, very happy.

I have a bone stock manual SGT, except for the new tune. First off, I have never used a tuner/chip/etc. before and I was a little apprehensive about how to use it. I shouldn't have worried--once I unpacked it from the box it took less than 3 minutes to have the new tune loaded and the car ready to go.

Our premium fuel here in Austin, TX is 93 octane, so I had Brenspeed send me a street tune for that and they also included tunes for 91 octane and 89. I haven't loaded anything else so far other than the 93 tune. It is awesome.

The car basically feels like it has been "turned up to 11." One of the things that the tune does is raise the idle rpms--this definitely makes it sound meaner and more aggressive when you turn the key--it actually improves driveability around town as I have to downshift less often when driving 5-20 mph. I plan on talking to Brenspeed to ask them what the tune actually does, but the car seems to pull a LOT harder from 2000-3500 rpms.

Also seems to hold RPMs better between shifts so you stay in the power band. I never thought the car felt sluggish at all--but now it seems far more responsive after each shift.

Sounds better too---"snarlier." I've been driving mine since March 1st, and was completely happy, but now with the new tune it seems like the whole car has just been caffienated. It is great.

I hope to take the car in to be dynoed on Friday to compare with the bone stock numbers. I'll post it as soon as I get it.

If you were on the fence about the group order-----DO IT.

Longer answer: My XCal2 with the new Brenspeed Tunes arrived late last Friday, but unfortunately, I was heading out of town and have just now had enough time behind the wheel to give a report. Overall, I am very, very happy.

I have a bone stock manual SGT, except for the new tune. First off, I have never used a tuner/chip/etc. before and I was a little apprehensive about how to use it. I shouldn't have worried--once I unpacked it from the box it took less than 3 minutes to have the new tune loaded and the car ready to go.

Our premium fuel here in Austin, TX is 93 octane, so I had Brenspeed send me a street tune for that and they also included tunes for 91 octane and 89. I haven't loaded anything else so far other than the 93 tune. It is awesome.

The car basically feels like it has been "turned up to 11." One of the things that the tune does is raise the idle rpms--this definitely makes it sound meaner and more aggressive when you turn the key--it actually improves driveability around town as I have to downshift less often when driving 5-20 mph. I plan on talking to Brenspeed to ask them what the tune actually does, but the car seems to pull a LOT harder from 2000-3500 rpms.

Also seems to hold RPMs better between shifts so you stay in the power band. I never thought the car felt sluggish at all--but now it seems far more responsive after each shift.

Sounds better too---"snarlier." I've been driving mine since March 1st, and was completely happy, but now with the new tune it seems like the whole car has just been caffienated. It is great.

I hope to take the car in to be dynoed on Friday to compare with the bone stock numbers. I'll post it as soon as I get it.

lol we love SNARLIER shelbys

Dave

See,

Thats we have been saying about the tunes..................... :)

Archived