TEAM SHELBY FORUM

That White Shelby sure is beautiful

mywickedshelby

Well, I have to admit, we ALL have the most beautiful cars.

I had the extreme pleasure this past Sunday of going on a 250 mile cruise into North West Connecticut with MikeJ and his White SGT. It was intended to be a foliage cruise and we saw some great sites:

Kent Falls

2 Covered Bridges (the only 2 in CT.)

2 SGT's (one white, one black) parked side by side every time we stopped

Tons of beautiful foliage and countryside going up, down and along 2 lane twisties all day...

...but the most beautiful site of all was that gorgeous White SGT in my rear view mirror, side view mirror and out the windshield right in front of me all day......

I love my black car. It is great, I would order it all over again tomorrow and wait twice as long :huh: ...

but I have to admit, that White SGT is freakin gorgeous. :)

This was (by far) the most time I spent around a White SGT and WOW!

Pictures to follow tomorrow. I know I owe some pictures going back a week to 10 days, but tonight I will get them burned onto a disk and make good an all my picture promises tomorrow.......really!

AND thanks Mike for the invite, Dale and I had a great day!

So what you're saying is that the BLACK Shelby was 66% faster than the white Shelby's? :lol:

No....Mike had me and my radar detector lead most of the time! B)

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated. B)

No, more like your (white car) status has been elevated from sub-par to equal! <_<

IMO!

Different, but equally beautiful buddy! :)

Have to agree the white car is very impressive. I almost ordered black but could not come to grips with the black wheels..now that I have the white...will never go back...gorgeous. Steve

Ditto. Ordered black and changed it before VIN was pulled due to wheels being changed. And I am very happy with the white; looks awesome.

Ditto. Ordered black and changed it before VIN was pulled due to wheels being changed. And I am very happy with the white; looks awesome.

At first ....I was put off by the black wheels ....after having only seen the chrome pre-production photos....I had fallen in love with the car that way.......but the black has grown on me big time. In fact by the time I took delivery, I was happy they switched to black. I love the black wheels so much with the car now.

They make the car look sinister.....or in a word .....BADD!!!

and this thread was not to say the White is better looking than the black, in fact just the opposite, I always thought the white was lame....but after spending the day with a White SGT, I am now in the opinion the the white cars "also" look "fabulous baby!"

Wow, good to see all the nice compliments about the white SGT! To me, they all look good. Also, you're right about northwest CT. I live in this region and it is beautiful country.

Michael I think its because your car shacked up with mine in the hotel parking lot the Tasca weekend. And now your car has gone off and spent the day with another one. Your car is a whore ;)

If there is any offspring from such "shacking up "activity, chances are it will be a Gray SGT(which is what I wanted to start with)

Seriousley, the black/white rivalry is always fun and its good to see so many that really thing the SGT is a great looking car in either color. That's why Crayola has flourished for so many years!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my black car but one (of 3) of the dealer deposits I had down on the SGT in the beginning of this process was a white SGT with the Light gray interior. I still wonder how that combo looks in person when I see pics on Ebay. It seems to be a rare combo and particularly attractive. White or black they are all SGTs as they are beautiful!!!

-Tim-

I've personally never really liked white cars(exception being white/guardsman blue Shelbys)-that being said, the SGT is a great looking car in white as well as black. When we had the midwest cookout at Matt's, we had 2 black and 2 white--all 4 were sweet. MrHugger's car had gone through the Zaino treatment-I have NEVER seen a white car that shined like that! Black or white or blue, this car looks great! (I obstain on the orange)

I love the looks of my black car but I envy the guys with the white cars. My car is a serious pain in the ass to keep looking decent, I'd forgotten just how hard black is to take care of. <_<

That's a big reason why I preferred white. I already had a black Expedition and I just did not want to deal w/ having to wash two cars so much. I like all the Shelby colors, except the orange w/ silver stripes I am not too sure about - I need to see one in person.

Archived