TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY GT PRICES

SGT MAN

WOW!,Has anybody recently browsed EBAY MOTORS.The prices of these cars are dropping fast,07's with buy it now prices of what appears to be invoice or below,36k or so new!There is an 08 in orange with nav for 47k,a little high but low production may dictate that at first,also a blue one for 43k or best offer.Wonder if the time to buy is now on an 07,or wait a little longer!

My house price is stable. It's good to live in Texas.

And, they are not really giving GT's away. Still expensive, but worth it.

Since you live in Texas, Do you get to carry a side arm? I have always wondered about the laws there. My folks live in Florida where they have laws simalure (Sp). :)

Since you live in Texas, Do you get to carry a side arm? I have always wondered about the laws there. My folks live in Florida where they have laws simalure (Sp). :)

:lol:

It's not like we're all Wyatt Erp's around here.

I sometimes keep a loaded shotgun in the Jeep. As long as it's completely locked up or in plain view it's perfectly legal. Handguns require a C&C license but there are still major restrictions about where you can carry them and the visibility of the handgun while on your person. The laws get technical and mostly ridiculous but that's the jist of it.

Of course the concealed-and-carry classes are cheap and a dime a dozen around here.

Naturally if your within the confines of your property you can have one in plain view as long as city ordinances don't interfere.

No big deal IMO. If you want a real scare see what the price of your house is worth compared to a year ago. Now that will make you sh*t in your pants with fear ;)

Yeah, here in Florida my house is worth half what it was 2 years ago (and falling like a rock), yet still double its value of 5 years ago. Go figure. Oops, I guess we're getting a little off topic.

Yeah, here in Florida my house is worth half what it was 2 years ago (and falling like a rock), yet still double its value of 5 years ago. Go figure. Oops, I guess we're getting a little off topic.

We made out pretty good. Ours just appraised down here in So. Fla for only 10k less then last year. Certainly wouldn't be able to sell it but we aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

WOW!,Has anybody recently browsed EBAY MOTORS.The prices of these cars are dropping fast,07's with buy it now prices of what appears to be invoice or below,36k or so new!There is an 08 in orange with nav for 47k,a little high but low production may dictate that at first,also a blue one for 43k or best offer.Wonder if the time to buy is now on an 07,or wait a little longer!

A deal is deal, if you are buying and not selling. I too have looked, as we all know here, at the falling stock price of SGT's. The buy-it-now pricing of Ford Dealer stocked SGT's incredibly low. You can get a 2007 SGT decently equiped for 33-34K if you negotiate correctly, I think this is the time to buy. BUT if you come upon a SGT/SC you'll pay substantially more due to the fact that SAI only made very few of these 500 HP bad boy's thus the price increase there. There is one on EBAY starting @ $50K with a Whipple and it says it is only 1 of 6 with a Whipple, so plan on paying the big dollars for those cars. B)

Hey All,

I have seen very few SGT's around here, but have seen several advertisments for Cobra's for sale at dealers around the area. Actually I have seen NO SGT's in my City, Cobra's no SGT's.

We in NH can also carry a firearm exposed, holster etc, just looks sorta stupid wondering through town with a 6 shooter strapped to your side, not like we have Grizzlie's lurking in the shadows.

The housing market is any indication of the near future I wouldn't go looking for current prices for SGT's if you payed over sticker for your car, it'll just hurt that much more. Why torment yourself????????????

Moe

In NH

House prices are a very sensitive subject with me right now. <_<

AFBlue, still no luck on the house? I know houses are priced differently in different areas, but looked like a great price for that house.

BUT if you come upon a SGT/SC you'll pay substantially more due to the fact that SAI only made very few of these 500 HP bad boy's...

Please excuse my ignorance, but are the GT/SC really 500? Thought they were more in the area 425 to 460????

AFBlue, still no luck on the house? I know houses are priced differently in different areas, but looked like a great price for that house.

Please excuse my ignorance, but are the GT/SC really 500? Thought they were more in the area 425 to 460????

500 @ the crank with a right tune, maybe even without. But no one really measures @ the crank anymore except the manufacturer. :)

We have a glut of SGT's around here. I just saw #4907 on a lot in Columbia TN. The salesman said they wanted an ADM but would probably settle for sticker.

What really got me though was as soon as I started looking at the SGT he came over and told me they had the "real" Shelby Cobra (GT500) in the showroom.

I just looked at him with pity and told him I wasn't interested and walked away. I wonder how some of these guys find their way to work in the mornings.

What really got me though was as soon as I started looking at the SGT he came over and told me they had the "real" Shelby Cobra (GT500) in the showroom.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. The GT500 is no more Shelby then the Harley Davidson F-Series is a Harley Davidson..

Ive been in a HD F-Series truck and I sure didnt feel like I was on a bike. :D

A deal is deal, if you are buying and not selling. I too have looked, as we all know here, at the falling stock price of SGT's. The buy-it-now pricing of Ford Dealer stocked SGT's incredibly low. You can get a 2007 SGT decently equiped for 33-34K if you negotiate correctly, I think this is the time to buy. BUT if you come upon a SGT/SC you'll pay substantially more due to the fact that SAI only made very few of these 500 HP bad boy's thus the price increase there. There is one on EBAY starting @ $50K with a Whipple and it says it is only 1 of 6 with a Whipple, so plan on paying the big dollars for those cars. B)

$33k - $34k???

That would be really good since that would be several thousand below dealer cost.

There is only about $2,000 mark up on these if the dealer is not adding any mark up to the $8,390 cost SAI charges.

For example, the one I have has an MSRP of $30,740 on the GT Mustang + $7,390 SAI (NET COST TO DEALER) + $1,000 GGT (NET COST TO DEALER) = $39,130 TOTAL MSRP

INVOICE on the GT Mustang is $28,662 + $8,390 = $37,052 TOTAL INVOICE!

How are you going to buy one like this for $3k - $4k below dealer cost?

Now if you get a bare bones base GT Deluxe model with NO options MSRP on the GT Mustang DELUXE is $28,580 + $8,390 = $36,970 Total MSRP

INVOICE on the GT DEluxe is $26,748 + $8,390 = $35,138

So if you can get a dealer that has a base bare bones model that is willing to take a $1,100 - $2,100 LOSS on this then you could get one for $33k - $34k.

The only way it can get any cheaper is for Ford to slap rebates on these and/or if you qualify for A/Z Plan or D-Plan.

:lol:

It's not like we're all Wyatt Erp's around here.

I sometimes keep a loaded shotgun in the Jeep. As long as it's completely locked up or in plain view it's perfectly legal. Handguns require a C&C license but there are still major restrictions about where you can carry them and the visibility of the handgun while on your person. The laws get technical and mostly ridiculous but that's the jist of it.

Of course the concealed-and-carry classes are cheap and a dime a dozen around here.

Naturally if your within the confines of your property you can have one in plain view as long as city ordinances don't interfere.

Hear in Mo. u can a lin. to carry I GET MY MAIL ON TIME :lol:

There is currently about 2,500 or so 07 Shelby GT's that are not moving very fast even with FORD offering all plan sales. X/A/D/Z Plan.

It's a buyers market now.

The issue with the Shelby GT is that the dealer has to pay SAI net 30 for their charge regardless of when the car sells. So from day one the dealer is out 8K. Then the car comes off the floor plan and the starts costing the dealer $$$ per month. The dealers that kept cars at a high ADM are now deep in negative territory and need to get these cars sold.

I just picked one up A-Plan with a $1000 rebate for $35,450.

Ford is giving a total $3500 off on the A plan for a Shelby GT that puts it @ $24150 + shelby add on and gas guzzler tax = $33650 that's per the web site.A plan#90208 $1000 # 11424 $1500 #11422 $1000 Total $3500

I think that the Shelby/Paxton unit is around 468 and the Ford Racing whipple unit is around 500 (costs about $1K more, so it better be more efficient...), but I didn't realize that SAI was making Shelby GT/SCs for customers with the whipples. Cool.

Archived