TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kudos to Shelby Performance Parts-Keith, Ken & Paul

clawsonbob

My sincerest thanks to the team at Shelby Performance Parts. During my recent SAI/Paxton SC install, I had two FORD techs from separate dealers scratching their heads for almost two weeks, trying to reflash my PCM back to stock ( so the Diablo Predator could read the stock baseline and load a new tune)

When it was looking pretty hopeless, Keith, Kenny & Paul kicked it into high gear, had the car flatbedded to dealership and worked with a sharp tech into the wee hours to get the issues resolved. They then had the car flatbedded back to my installer to finish up the work.

My hats off to the team at SPP for the effort, solution and stepping up to get the problem resolved.

PS..if you are considering SAI/Paxton SC install, make sure you get car reflashed to stock BEFORE work is started and you get specific updated reflash instructions from Keith C at SPP.

Shelby Performance Parts is in the process of resolving this issue currently and should have it fixed by the end of the week. They are preparing a solution so you should not have to bring your vehicle to the dealership

Thanks again SPP !!!

As I have said MANY times before! It's not what goes wrong but what you do about it that makes the difference!

Great job!

Now Bob can attend our Chicago area "Spring Fling"! :)

Absolutely !!

Matt...I am now working on my own stripe solution since I can't seem to find a Ford dealer in Illinois to solve it.....I have the stripe kit...cant get it applied. I would like to share plans, but let's take it offline as my dealer comments may not be suitable for public display. I will pm you tel info.

Thanks

My sincerest thanks to the team at Shelby Performance Parts. During my recent SAI/Paxton SC install, I had two FORD techs from separate dealers scratching their heads for almost two weeks, trying to reflash my PCM back to stock ( so the Diablo Predator could read the stock baseline and load a new tune)

When it was looking pretty hopeless, Keith, Kenny & Paul kicked it into high gear, had the car flatbedded to dealership and worked with a sharp tech into the wee hours to get the issues resolved. They then had the car flatbedded back to my installer to finish up the work.

My hats off to the team at SPP for the effort, solution and stepping up to get the problem resolved.

PS..if you are considering SAI/Paxton SC install, make sure you get car reflashed to stock BEFORE work is started and you get specific updated reflash instructions from Keith C at SPP.

Thanks again SPP !!!

Bikerbob:

Are you saying that the car must be reflashed back to Mustang stock before loading the S/C tune? The reason I ask this is Shelby obviously loads their own tune when they get the Mustangs from FORD.

Bikerbob:

Are you saying that the car must be reflashed back to Mustang stock before loading the S/C tune? The reason I ask this is Shelby obviously loads their own tune when they get the Mustangs from FORD.

RIHarley

yes I had to absolutley reflash back to stock ....you may too if you have old kit/Diablo unit. The Mod shop does not have this issue because they start with stock gt tunes when doing a SGT/SC car from scratch. ......the Diablo predator hand held programmer ( and included base Paxton SC tune) cannot read/load the SAI tune done to our cars at initial conversion. It only recognizes factory tunes. Even the Ford IDS software will not recognize the Shelby SGT tune...it defaults and say "install new PCM". Believe me, I had techs and dealers tied up for weeks trying to figure this out.

Best bet is to get reflash instructions (updated) from Keith Criswell at SPP before any work is started. If you don't do this before the SC install, its a lot more difficult ( trust me...thats how I did it and would advise against my way)

As noted above, SPP is working on a fix...they are in the process of resolving this issue currently and should have it fixed by the end of the week. They are preparing a solution so you should not have to bring your vehicle to the dealership. I dont know what the fix is, but I can tell you how I should have done it ........for the SAI/Paxton install the (high level order ) of install steps are

1- Have Ford reflash PCM back to Ford Mustang GT stock

2- Install all SC components per instructions

3- Attach Diablo predator , upload provided Paxton SC tune...then you can have car custom tuned from there.

Please feel free to pm me with any other questions...I don't want to see anybody go thru what I did ( if I can prevent it)

Archived