TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Spare Tape

ilmor

Does anyone know...Is it possible to get small pieces of spare racing stripe tape / vinyl anywhere / anyhow? Like say, enough for a front bumper? I can see that at some point there could be damage to the tape and necessary repair.

Having said that I would recommend that you try to always maintain two-three car lengths, more if possible, between you and the car in front of you.

If your maintaining 2-3 car lengths, chances are your gonna need more then racing stripes to fix the problem. When "soccer mom" in her mimivan talking on her cell phone and putting on make-up who obviously isnt paying attention notices at the last minute the cars in front of her are stopping and slams on her brakes. If your only 3 car lengths, traveling at speed, youll be lucky if you have time to hit the brakes.

Sorry, this touches a sore spot with me as I have been hit before by "soccer mom" while I was at work. Check out this table from the VA code.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-880

And yes, I know our cars are better then most others out there and the brakes are better.

If your maintaining 2-3 car lengths, chances are your gonna need more then racing stripes to fix the problem. When "soccer mom" in her mimivan talking on her cell phone and putting on make-up who obviously isnt paying attention notices at the last minute the cars in front of her are stopping and slams on her brakes. If your only 3 car lengths, traveling at speed, youll be lucky if you have time to hit the brakes.

Sorry, this touches a sore spot with me as I have been hit before by "soccer mom" while I was at work. Check out this table from the VA code.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+46.2-880

And yes, I know our cars are better then most others out there and the brakes are better.

Correction noted...It was early...I usually stay due to rocks, about 60-90 feet behind the cat in front of me. Car lengths and math weren't working this AM.

Thanks for the correction!

Archived