TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1/4 Mile Times

Polecat

I think we lost sight of the original conversation somewhere. The original poster expressed concern about his 1/4 mile times. I had some questions / comments including his wheel / tire size. In response to that someone asked me for some facts, which I've presented, that is, that the 20" wheels / tires are heavier than the 18" and therefore this will slow the car.

I read a test in Grassroots Motosports a few months ago. Only by changing the wheels / tires from 18" to 17" they gained 2 10ths on the 0-60 time. I would imagine that going from 18" to 20" wheels / tires would at least equal this amount of time (lost).

The only way to prove it is a race!

I think we lost sight of the original conversation somewhere. The original poster expressed concern about his 1/4 mile times. I had some questions / comments including his wheel / tire size. In response to that someone asked me for some facts, which I've presented, that is, that the 20" wheels / tires are heavier than the 18" and therefore this will slow the car.

I read a test in Grassroots Motosports a few months ago. Only by changing the wheels / tires from 18" to 17" they gained 2 10ths on the 0-60 time. I would imagine that going from 18" to 20" wheels / tires would at least equal this amount of time (lost).

The only way to prove it is a race!

Please note,This thread has been Hi-jacked like a mofo!

• 2 weeks later...

Please note,This thread has been Hi-jacked like a mofo!

ok...so we need to consider wheel diameter, dont forget tire size, circumferance of new combo, weight differences, delta in Rotational Mass ( see my post page one of this thread) .

but if they WEIGH MORE, doesn't that possibly improve rw traction too ?

I say we justline up two SGTs, race'em three times, swap tires on one, racim again and see what happens.

probably the best thinh we could do is all divers go on a diet and lose 20 lbs and gut the cars & interior to boot, thses cars would really fly at 3100 lbs

Anybody try the Brenspeed Flux Capacitor upgrade,They say it's so fast you can travel through time!

Thanks 07SHELBY GT.....I am all over it...going back to 1967 and buying every new shelby I can find !!

Anybody try the Brenspeed Flux Capacitor upgrade,They say it's so fast you can travel through time!

Well, I don't about "so fast"

But, I will tell ya..........

Once you hit 88 mph, your going to see some serious sheet!

:lol:

On another note, I may be going to Fontana (1/4) with a bunch of friends on Sunday, so i can see what i can get out of the Shelby and also swithch thru all 3 tunes, to see what the difference, performance wise, i am getting out of them and at the same time video it so it can be a part of ilmor's "This is How You Do It" video.

Thanks 07SHELBY GT.....I am all over it...going back to 1967 and buying every new shelby I can find !!

Instead, just buy one of each. Then buy lots of GE and IBM stock. Then wait a few years and buy a real lot of Microsoft stock. Then sell most of it in late 1999 and buy lots more Shelby's. Then hold on to those and sell a few of them to some of us for 1999 prices. LOL

Instead, just buy one of each. Then buy lots of GE and IBM stock. Then wait a few years and buy a real lot of Microsoft stock. Then sell most of it in late 1999 and buy lots more Shelby's. Then hold on to those and sell a few of them to some of us for 1999 prices. LOL

now youre talkin...ought to get some oil wells while I am at, maybe grab some Copo Camaros too ( sorry Ford Fans, but this thread is now aboud greed, not cars). might even take a look at Disney Stock and waterfront real estate, not that we will have perfect hindsight !!

Archived