TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW HOOD SCOOP

stg

Installed today, this is the second one, from Shelby!!! RIVETED all the way around, There is a difference, from the other two, thks to Shelby & Ford stg csm 0958

That is great news for you. So your Ford dealer did the install? Did they say it was hard ?? Did the body shop do it? My local ford dealer doesnt havea body shop.

Glad it worked out for you...and i am sure SAI is too !

That is great news for you. So your Ford dealer did the install? Did they say it was hard ?? Did the body shop do it? My local ford dealer doesnt havea body shop.

Glad it worked out for you...and i am sure SAI is too !

no body shop , done in service took about 2 hrs looks the best

So your service dept must have been ok with installing it.

How many more holes did they have to drill ? How long did it take?

Sorry for all the questions.

John has been in contact with me..and I hope to get this over once and for all soon as well.

Thanks,

Sue

Excellent news! 2 hours sounds pretty good. Whomever did it must be good and confident with the rivot gun. How does your alignment lok in relation to the stripes? My stripes need to be replaced anyway so Im not too concerned.

So your service dept must have been ok with installing it.

How many more holes did they have to drill ? How long did it take?

Sorry for all the questions.

John has been in contact with me..and I hope to get this over once and for all soon as well.

Thanks,

Sue

the old scoop came off ,,,, there is a t-plate that goes on the hood, then they drill all the holes for the rivets, new scoop goes on , then they use alum rivets for each hold on the scoop ,, it took about 2 hrs and am very well pleased The bolts that held on the old scoop ARE NOT USED !!

Excellent news! 2 hours sounds pretty good. Whomever did it must be good and confident with the rivot gun. How does your alignment lok in relation to the stripes? My stripes need to be replaced anyway so Im not too concerned.

everything lined up very good ;) very well pleased

Can you post some pix??

let me no if u get these

Can you post some pix??

if u donot get the pic's email me at stg2587@hotmail.com I'll send them to u

Hi,

I asked Bud to do the fix on mine before I picked it up, He said I might not want to do the fix. I told Bud to go ahead and "Get her done." Glad I did. The hood fits flat so far and no warping at all. I've been keeping an I on it at different times of the day and so far so good.

post-5172-1147327820_thumb.jpg

That's because Bud didn't want you to see all the scratches underneath the scoop when they took it off in front of you. He is good with hiding those kind of things. LOL

When SAI states that they are ready with the Official Fix, I would like a new scoop at the same time, as I assume the newer scoops look better than the originals which have a few wrinkles and dents in them.

Thanks for all the info...appreciate it..and very glad it worked out for you !!!

Your news gives me some positive vibes !!

Thanks,

Sue

I have had 4 FORDS in the last 4 years,,,, I will never go back to GM !!! This Shelby is the best ,2 months, :lol: 4400 miles, am driving the wheels off of it :)

When SAI states that they are ready with the Official Fix, I would like a new scoop at the same time, as I assume the newer scoops look better than the originals which have a few wrinkles and dents in them.

These new scoops are different,,,, This is my 3rd one ,, and I can tell the difference, Also Shelby has told me this is NOT a one time fix !! Shelby and My Ford Dealer have worked with me and at this time everything is at 100 % :lol:

no body shop , done in service took about 2 hrs looks the best

So is this a fix that was handled through Ford Racing and you don't have to have the labor reimbursed from SAI? Is it a warranted fix? What's the procedure for getting a new scoop and having it installed just like yours?

So is this a fix that was handled through Ford Racing and you don't have to have the labor reimbursed from SAI? Is it a warranted fix? What's the procedure for getting a new scoop and having it installed just like yours?

Go to your Ford Dealer, , have him take pictures. of the scoop coming off the hood, He will call Shelby, Shelby will ask for the pic. ,email then the new scoop will be sent :D I have had NO Problems with this

Go to your Ford Dealer, , have him take pictures. of the scoop coming off the hood, He will call Shelby, Shelby will ask for the pic. ,email then the new scoop will be sent :D I have had NO Problems with this

NOTE!!!

If you want to rivets you will need to have your dealer specifically ask for them otherwise you will just get the scoop.

NOTE!!!

If you want to rivets you will need to have your dealer specifically ask for them otherwise you will just get the scoop.

don't no about that Matt , I'am told this is the one on the 2008, anyway what do I no ;) <_<

I don't think my dealer would know which end of the rivet to install first !

Are they still going to offer the $200 to have a body shop (qualified installer) replace it for me. If I need to send a picture first to justify the new scoop I guess I will have to have it done when it's cold. My scoop isn't to bad as long as it's warm/hot but when it gets cold it lifts on both sides.

All scoops are silver. They pre-apply a white or black tape strip down the center depending upon the color of your car. There is no prep or work needed for the scoop beyond attaching it.

Oh. Thanks for the info! That is very clever!!

Offf subject but,how/where would I find a terminal to plug into......that when my wife turns on car,"X" is powered up? Thinking of using a string of well hidden christmas lights,lining the upper interior,as factor "X".

Or better yet,install a green glowing neon light,under the hoodscoop.

Any other ideas?

I think you outta try a black stripe on your scoop :P :P :lol:

BTW Sdear,black tape on a car,is generally found on the headlights. Mind if I tape yours?

You owe me 1 Matt ;)

Offf subject but,how/where would I find a terminal to plug into......that when my wife turns on car,"X" is powered up? Thinking of using a string of well hidden christmas lights,lining the upper interior,as factor "X".

Or better yet,install a green glowing neon light,under the hoodscoop.

Any other ideas?

BTW Sdear,black tape on a car,is generally found on the headlights. Mind if I tape yours?

You owe me 1 Matt ;)

Autoplay is back!!! Did Sdear notice you escaped????

Hi,

I asked Bud to do the fix on mine before I picked it up, He said I might not want to do the fix. I told Bud to go ahead and "Get her done." Glad I did. The hood fits flat so far and no warping at all. I've been keeping an I on it at different times of the day and so far so good.

post-5172-1147327820_thumb.jpg

That looks pretty good...........

That looks pretty good...........

Oooooops,

I quoted the wrong post, Sorry bout that, I meant the one with pic's in it....... :)

Archived