TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Factory items on Shelby not on a stock GT

hrvyspunch

Hey John, This is Rich D. I know you have my car in the Mod Shop. Its being finished real soon. In speaking with Bud the other day because my car started as a regular GT you guys are doing all the Upgrades that the factory would have done when the car was built. I need a list of what those items are. I know the side scoops, front and rear fascia cai intake I think the exhaust also or is that part of the Shelby upfit please let me know as soon as possibile thanks Rich

Hey John, This is Rich D. I know you have my car in the Mod Shop. Its being finished real soon. In speaking with Bud the other day because my car started as a regular GT you guys are doing all the Upgrades that the factory would have done when the car was built. I need a list of what those items are. I know the side scoops, front and rear fascia cai intake I think the exhaust also or is that part of the Shelby upfit please let me know as soon as possibile thanks Rich

John will get back to you faster if you email him at johnw@shelbyautos.com or send him a PM

proably some other guys on here that can give you all the info that you are looking for

michael morris

Side Scoops - Installed at Ford factory

Front fascia - Installed at Ford factory

Rear fascia - Installed at Ford factory

CAI - Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

Exhaust - Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

Front grill - Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

Hurst shifter - Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

Suspension upgrade - Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

Door sill plaques - Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

Dash plaque - Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

"Powered by Ford" side emblems - Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

Rally stripes - Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

Rear deck "SHELB " letters - Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

Did I forget anything?

Anything else added, like a lower grill etc., is done in the SAI Mod shop after the car is completed as a SGT.

Did I forget anything?

Anything else added, like a lower grill etc., is done in the SAI Mod shop after the car is completed as a SGT.

lmfao, now thats funny. :lol: :D :lol: :D :o

Did I forget anything?

You forgot the ever irritating, always morphing hood scoop installed by SAI.....

Did I forget anything?

Here are a few more...

Shelby logo floor mats (OK, not the ones we first thought) :( ---Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

18" bullitt wheels (black for black, silver for whites)---Installed at Ford factory

upgraded rear axle 3.55 ---Installed at Ford factory (manual) ---Installed at SAI (automatics)

Racing grade hood pin kit (not sure about the "racing" grade)---Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

So..the mod shop is not at SAI? Where is it located?

There are two different areas at SAI. One where all SGT production work is done. The items you've seen listed above, while the second is the mod shop, a different building, where cars are moved for other modifications the owners have purchased beyond the base SGT package.

Here are a few more...

Shelby logo floor mats (OK, not the ones we first thought) :( ---Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

18" bullitt wheels (black for black, silver for whites)---Installed at Ford factory

upgraded rear axle 3.55 ---Installed at Ford factory (manual) ---Installed at SAI (automatics)

Racing grade hood pin kit (not sure about the "racing" grade)---Installed at SAI (not mod shop)

Aww...yes, the floor mats and hood pins! Duh!

I don't count the wheels as they are available on any car but you are correct where it comes to the black ones, so I guess I'll give you that too!

;)

There are two different areas at SAI. One where all SGT production work is done. The items you've seen listed above, while the second is the mod shop, a different building, where cars are moved for other modifications the owners have purchased beyond the base SGT package.

Aww...yes, the floor mats and hood pins! Duh!

I don't count the wheels as they are available on any car but you are correct where it comes to the black ones, so I guess I'll give you that too!

;)

Then you wouldn't include the following although they are all part of the 54U package that Ford installs on all SGT.

Side airbags

Tire inflator kit

Bright aluminum pedals

Archived