TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hood scoop

stg

On a related note, I was reading a post about the Roush hood scoop. I asked the question, how is it fastened to the hood? The replies were that it is fastened with 7 screws plus tape. I haven't read about any Roush scoops coming off or warping; only Shelby scoops. I am not suggesting that we get Roush scoops, but only pointin g out the apparent fact that Roush seems to have a good attachment & installation design...and why is this so difficult that Shelby can't get it done? I really don't understand why Shelby isn't keeping us better informed on this.

On a related note, I was reading a post about the Roush hood scoop. I asked the question, how is it fastened to the hood? The replies were that it is fastened with 7 screws plus tape. I haven't read about any Roush scoops coming off or warping; only Shelby scoops. I am not suggesting that we get Roush scoops, but only pointin g out the apparent fact that Roush seems to have a good attachment & installation design...and why is this so difficult that Shelby can't get it done? I really don't understand why Shelby isn't keeping us better informed on this.

I agree, maybe that's what they are working on? However, the flange with the faux rivets and the stripe under the scoop make it a more difficult task than the Roush scoop. Some of the stripe will need to be cut out and the tape will need to be located so that it isn't seen from the edge. Maybe adding a few screws too?

I agree with you all on hood scoop these cars were not cheap, on second scoop now has ripples and lifting, called Ford I have to take photos, hmmm never had to take photos for Jeep or BMW. Saw 2 late production cars sccops looked good and no rivets. Contacted Ford ref. repair they said rivets is fix, called Ford dealer does not want to do no experience called another Ford dealer will fix but if they screw it up it is mine, caleed third dealer will not do did not buy it there. Called Ford again said give me scoop I will pay to have my brothers body shop install no real answer now what? lack of communication, was told early on everything would be taken care take you car from dealer, maybe should have walked away. love car but so many little problems.

Second hood scoop is coming off,, any news yet ?? on what SHELBY is going to do

Went to the FORD Dealer , They took pictures can called SHELBY, I'LL let you all know as soon as something happens thks stg :)

Ok, my scoop is due to be replaced tomorrow. I just looked at this “new scoop” and found it is not attached using the “new and improved” rivets but the old way of the bolts and two front screws. It seems that if you want your scoop attached with the rivets you need to make sure this is specified in the warranty order or SAI will not send them. Just an FYI!

Ok, my scoop is due to be replaced tomorrow. I just looked at this “new scoop” and found it is not attached using the “new and improved” rivets but the old way of the bolts and two front screws. It seems that if you want your scoop attached with the rivets you need to make sure this is specified in the warranty order or SAI will not send them. Just an FYI!

Personally I would wait...speaking from experience !

Just not sure how long we are suppose to wait...this is getting unreal

:blink: :(

Archived