TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gauge pods

riharely

What do you mean, Matt?

Ok. Why are they ONLY NOW writing the "installation instructions"? Don't they install these in the MAD Shop? Don't they have sample kits? Couldn't these have been written while so many were waiting? I just don't understand the process I guess. <_<

I think it's odd that something ordered from Shelby will have installation instructions included! :blink: :P :lol:

Yes, I just got some warranty repair parts and looked them over with the dealer and while the hood scoop had instructions (text only) while the hood pins and stripes did not. I know SAI lays the stripes a specific way and now I'm having to explain the order they should be applied, based upon looking at other SGTs. Luckily "the man" Bud posted the hood pins here but is it any wonder dealers have installation issues or are afraid to even try? BTW: how hard would it be to take a few pictures and insert for clarity? EVen the $29 license plate frame by a one man shop can manage to provide that. <_<

Ok. Why are they ONLY NOW writing the "installation instructions"? Don't they install these in the MAD Shop? Don't they have sample kits? Couldn't these have been written while so many were waiting? I just don't understand the process I guess. <_<

Yes, I just got some warranty repair parts and looked them over with the dealer and while the hood scoop had instructions (text only) the hood pins did not. Luckily "the man" Bud posted these here. Is it any wonder then dealers have installation issues? BTW: how hard would it be to take a few pictures and insert for clarity? EVen the $29 license plate frame by a one man shop can manage to provide that. <_<

OK,Matt I get it now.

Get the NEW latest information from SSP today..... I needed to call them today to change my order on another item. I asked about pods and they said that the gauges and pods could be shipped now if I didn't want to wait for instructions, however I would need to send them a letter resolving them from any liability from the installation. YEP , right from the horses mouth. :blink: He went on to say that they would be installing the pods for the first time this week ( huh?)so they could make the instructions up for the kits.

You gotta laugh. It is constant entertainment for those who stay tuned. All this for a $580. item. Wow. someone needs to put a short lease on the tongues of the SSP sales staff. You can't just make stuff up as you go along... isn't that the snake oil business?

In the meantime, I will wait for instructions while I drive the snot out of my Shelby. hehehe

B)

Peace.

OK,Matt I get it now.

Get the NEW latest information from SSP today..... I needed to call them today to change my order on another item. I asked about pods and they said that the gauges and pods could be shipped now if I didn't want to wait for instructions, however I would need to send them a letter resolving them from any liability from the installation. YEP , right from the horses mouth. :blink: He went on to say that they would be installing the pods for the first time this week ( huh?)so they could make the instructions up for the kits.

You gotta laugh. It is constant entertainment for those who stay tuned. All this for a $580. item. Wow. someone needs to put a short lease on the tongues of the SSP sales staff. You can't just make stuff up as you go along... isn't that the snake oil business?

In the meantime, I will wait for instructions while I drive the snot out of my Shelby. hehehe

B)

Peace.

;)

I guess we're supposed to assume then that SAI bought these pods, sight unseen with no demo or final build units to test, before they bought. humm..NOW I UNDERSTAND THE HOOD SCOOP! :blink:

So, when installing the gauges, is the the dash drilled to allow the lines to be run and then covered up with the pod?

SSP said that when the mod shop installs them, they drill a hole to hide the wires, however the pod can be installed without drilling a hole but the wires will show out the back. He mentioned that the pod itself installs with velcro. Hopefully once I get the thing, I can figure out a neat way to install without using ugly velcro.

The pod itself is pretty big, so I may consider taking the gauges and placing them on the left side of the windshield in one of those three-pack type black fibergalss fitings. We'll have to see.... another winter project decision.

Archived