TEAM SHELBY FORUM

stearing damper?

fatboy_merged

i was wondering if you could put a stearing damper (or stearing stabilizer shock) on a shelby?

the handling is good but has anyone notice that there is alot of feedback in the stearing? also it just seems kinda squirly like on the interstate...just the slightest twitch or change of hands can jerk the car... or am i just not used to the sensitivity after driving pickups for many years?

i was wondering if you could put a stearing damper (or stearing stabilizer shock) on a shelby?

the handling is good but has anyone notice that there is alot of feedback in the stearing? also it just seems kinda squirly like on the interstate...just the slightest twitch or change of hands can jerk the car... or am i just not used to the sensitivity after driving pickups for many years?

I think you are not use to it. The car is lower and more sensitive to road surface changes. I myself love the feed back i get. I feel more connected to the car. The ratio of the steering rack in pinion and those low profile wide tires contribute to the over all feel. Wouldn't change a thing! You need more seat time......... :)

I think you are not use to it. The car is lower and more sensitive to road surface changes. I myself love the feed back i get. I feel more connected to the car. The ratio of the steering rack in pinion and those low profile wide tires contribute to the over all feel. Wouldn't change a thing! You need more seat time......... :)

ok ur probly right...

just feels squirly. feels like it wants to go all over the place when i am on a gentle curve and hit a slight bump :wacko: :lol:

just feels squirly. feels like it wants to go all over the place when i am on a gentle curve and hit a slight bump

now that's exactly how my gt felt...after gettin the Shelby there is none of that at all.....

as ilmor said:

Maybe you should have an alignment check just to make sure. It shouldn't feel as sensitive as you describe

:)

Archived