TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H spoiler?

Strawman

I don't see this even being discussed, I assume this is not an SAI option?

Yes, it is. The standard GT spoiler is $499 installed and painted if done at SAI. If not any body shop can install. You can get the spoilers for $99 I think at Takeoffparts.com. Though I too was determined to get one once I got the car I was happy I didn't. I get a lot of compliments because there is no spoiler and the cars lines, now in my opinion, looks much cleaner. Some people have installed the GT500 spoiler etc., and SAI will later sell you stripes for these if needed while the GT spoiler needs no stripes.

I got my take off for $60 or $70 (can"t remember exactly) and installed it myself. It's not a hard job just measure 3 times and drill once. If you do drill just keep in mind the holes are offset from each other and not straight up and down. Holler if/when the time comes and I'll take hole placement measurements from my car.

I prefer the look of the spoiler no matter which one. I think it adds to the sportiness of the car but then I'm not a purist and don't care if 40 years down the road someone is mad for the car not being "original from the factory". It will be their problem, not mine. :lol:

Heck, by then there will be no affordable gas anyway and these cars will be on a hover trailer being pulled by our hover trucks as we pull up to the hydrogen refueling center to fill out a credit application to see if we can fuel up that week!

I got my take off for $60 or $70 (can"t remember exactly) and installed it myself. It's not a hard job just measure 3 times and drill once. If you do drill just keep in mind the holes are offset from each other and not straight up and down. Holler if/when the time comes and I'll take hole placement measurements from my car.

I prefer the look of the spoiler no matter which one. I think it adds to the sportiness of the car but then I'm not a purist and don't care if 40 years down the road someone is mad for the car not being "original from the factory". It will be their problem, not mine. :lol:

Heck, by then there will be no affordable gas anyway and these cars will be on a hover trailer being pulled by our hover trucks as we pull up to the hydrogen refueling center to fill out a credit application to see if we can fuel up that week!

:D Good point!

Well someone better come up with a hydrogen conversion for my SGT Engine or Im gonna have to hire some people to push me around while I drive. I refuse to pull it around on a hover truck. I hear those things are dangerous, espcially while pulling a hover trailer.

Thanks, I didn't realize the GT spoiler was the same as the GT-H, I thought it was the same as the GT500 spoiler, which I've seen on some SGT's.

Nope. So if you want to GT500 spoiler that's a order the parts (spoiler and stripes). paint and install. The standard GT spoiler, already painted ( new take off) is $99 and I think someone even got it for less than that and install would be cheap or a do-it-yourself operation. The GT500 one I think I would have someone do for me but as I said that isn't available from SAI. The plus on the takeoff parts is they are factory painted.

Archived