TEAM SHELBY FORUM

rear mufflers

stg

looking to replace the one's on hear ,has anyone done this yet ?? I see one set from flowmaster's but on there site it says not for shelby ?? 500 or gt // thks stg !! ;)

The other local SGT owner bought and installed some Borla mufflers for his car-I think the stock sound better and I think he's leaning towards putting them back on his.

Don't forget to add "cherry bombs" or maybe you could add the spark-plug in the tailpipe and get the flaming exhaust!

The other local SGT owner bought and installed some Borla mufflers for his car-I think the stock sound better and I think he's leaning towards putting them back on his.

Don't forget to add "cherry bombs" or maybe you could add the spark-plug in the tailpipe and get the flaming exhaust!

Make fun all you want but the Mustang exhaust is very suppressed with the cats and x-pipe.

It would amaze you how loud the car is NOT without mufflers.

Make fun all you want but the Mustang exhaust is very suppressed with the cats and x-pipe.

It would amaze you how loud the car is NOT without mufflers.

I'm not making fun-had a cousin with a 66 chevelle ss with straight pipes and cherry bombs-sounded really cool

The Magnaflow mufflers, not the Magnapack's, with a tru-X pipe with cats was loud on my 04 Cobra but I will tell you that after the install it was like a whole new animal. It could breath and you could feel it in the seat of the pants. A friend of mine had the same system on his without cats and Magnapacks and it was crazy! I am installing the tru-X with converters and then will make a decision on changing out the rest of the system. I think I need to do the cat back pipes due to the X being installed at SAI. But I will look at it and see what needs to be done to convert.

I know this is not legal in all states, but what I put on my last mustang was an off road X-pipe with flowmaster Original 40 series mufflers. I installed some mil plugs to bypass the O2 sensors since the X-pipe did not have cats. The sound was amazing.

I was thinking of the off road x pipes but, im still concerned about legality. Its to the point that if its to loud and you get pulled over for it, they (Police) can have a lookie and if your not legal, you will get another ticket ontop of the loudness ticket. Even though you don't have to worry about a smog inspection for 5 years here in cali with a new 07 car. There still is the element of a potential problem with Mr. Police Man. :)

Ed,

The high flow's actually pass emmissions in the North East and freed up some breathing at the same time. Don't know if they would pass Cali testing though.

Oh, you are talking high flow cats? sorry, lost my thought there.......... :rolleyes:

As long as they are in the same position as the stock cats then it will fly......... :)

Exactly. Direct bolt up no modifications at all. They made a huge difference when I bolted them on the 04 Cobra. HUGE! Also changed the sound of the exhaust. With the Magnaflow cat back there was very little interior drone and great sound out back. It really becomes a matter of taste and what sound your looking for I guess. Lot's of quality products for us to choose from. Gotta love the Mustang!

Have you guys noticed where the pipes come over the axle the pipes are flattened instead of mandrel bent?

Here is a place for a bottleneck and potential upgrade area.

That was exactly my rationale for looing at the cat back vs. the axle back system. Nice smooth flow from the headers back. I know there has been much debate on the value of headers, which is a whole seperate can of worms, but when you combine shorties with a hi-flow tru-X and the entire cat back system it does make a difference. Now talking value for the dollar spent, it may not be worth the extra torque or hp gains to justify such an expense.

Archived