TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paxton or Whipple?

Strawman

Just ordered an '08 SGT vert, automatic. All mods to be done by SAI. Which S/C, Whipple or Paxton? Why? Pros and cons of each? I've read that the Whipple has better low rpm power, but I see alot of SGT's are going Paxton. Which one, in conjunction with other mods, will provide the most power (speed)?

Depends on what you want to get out of the supercharger. Also it depends on what you want out of owning a Shelby. For me, I think I would go with the Paxton. It's a classic brand that has been with Shelby/Mustang since 65. It's the same reason why I wouldn't want anything other than a Hurst Shifter in a manual Shelby. I like the classic throwback brands as part of my shelby owning experience. -But thats what I want and might not be what you or anyone else would want.

my 2 cents.

Just ordered an '08 SGT vert, automatic. All mods to be done by SAI. Which S/C, Whipple or Paxton? Why? Pros and cons of each? I've read that the Whipple has better low rpm power, but I see alot of SGT's are going Paxton. Which one, in conjunction with other mods, will provide the most power (speed)?

Hi and congrats!!!!!!!!!

Ok, as for options on the S/C and I will tell you this also on the phone when finalizing the details....................................

1. The 500 hp intercooled Whipple can NOT be installed on an automatic transmission vehicle. The transmission can not take the power and it will fail.

2. The 400 hp non intercooled Whipple CAN be installed on an automatic vehicle.

3. The 465 hp Paxton S/C CAN be installed on an automatic vehicle.

4. The Paxton comes in a satin or polished finish. The Whipple comes in black or polished finish.

I hope this info will help you choose which S/C to go with. Also, at this time, I do believe (I could be wrong) that we have not installed the 400 hp non intercooled Whipple on a vehicle yet. Meaning, that I do not know how it performs at this time. Yours COULD be the FIRST one we do!!! :D

Bud

Hi and congrats!!!!!!!!!

Ok, as for options on the S/C and I will tell you this also on the phone when finalizing the details....................................

1. The 500 hp intercooled Whipple can NOT be installed on an automatic transmission vehicle. The transmission can not take the power and it will fail.

2. The 400 hp non intercooled Whipple CAN be installed on an automatic vehicle.

3. The 465 hp Paxton S/C CAN be installed on an automatic vehicle.

4. The Paxton comes in a satin or polished finish. The Whipple comes in black or polished finish.

I hope this info will help you choose which S/C to go with. Also, at this time, I do believe (I could be wrong) that we have not installed the 400 hp non intercooled Whipple on a vehicle yet. Meaning, that I do not know how it performs at this time. Yours COULD be the FIRST one we do!!! :D

Bud

It is personal preference. I went with the Whipple as that is what I wanted when I first started "designing" my Mustang in late '04. That is when images were leaked of the new body style on Brad Barnett's site. I had to wait on buying one as I was in Afghanistan at the time, thank goodness. When I returned I heard rumors of a Shelby GT500 so I waited on that...stupid mark ups forced me to wait even longer. However, it was long enough to hear about the Shelby GT and getting to add mods as well. This fit in exactly with what I wanted and with an even more rare car. Perfect.

I will say this, if you plan on getting any of the S/C consider getting the upgraded brakes as well. Don't get me wrong...I love going fast but I love stopping faster even more.

:o

Archived