TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help, the rain has lifted my stripes

wmoore

I just got an email back from Bob of http://www.bobwhitedecals.com/Products/2005/05SS10.htm and he said they do NOT match. :huh:

I guarantee they do :D

Yes, I am a 3M certified installer and an Xpel Dealer in Bristol, TN. This is a must have. I have on both my mustangs.

So is it so tough it doesn't take damage or do you just replace it once and awhile? Can you take it off with out damaging the stripes underneath and or paint?

I guarantee they do :D

So is it so tough it doesn't take damage or do you just replace it once and awhile? Can you take it off with out damaging the stripes underneath and or paint?

Yes, it repels rocks to prevent paint chips and bug acid can not penetrate through the film. On stipes, I put a wax on them first and then put on the film. In case you have to take the film off it should come off the stripes with out damage to them. I have not actually had to remove any film from a striped vehicle nor have I had any complaints from any customers, so I can not say for sure weather or not it would damage the stripes. The film has a 5 year warranty against peeling, cracking or yellowing. once it is on, if it is applied correctly you should not have to take it off. Depending on how you take care of your car the film can last up to 10 years or longer before it needs to be replaced. It is not to difficult to install on the SGT but then again I have been doing it for 6 years and in order for 3M to honor the warranty it has to be installed by a certified installer. Proper removal of the film will not damage the paint either.

Skip

Yes, it repels rocks to prevent paint chips and bug acid can not penetrate through the film. On stipes, I put a wax on them first and then put on the film. In case you have to take the film off it should come off the stripes with out damage to them. I have not actually had to remove any film from a striped vehicle nor have I had any complaints from any customers, so I can not say for sure weather or not it would damage the stripes. The film has a 5 year warranty against peeling, cracking or yellowing. once it is on, if it is applied correctly you should not have to take it off. Depending on how you take care of your car the film can last up to 10 years or longer before it needs to be replaced. It is not to difficult to install on the SGT but then again I have been doing it for 6 years and in order for 3M to honor the warranty it has to be installed by a certified installer. Proper removal of the film will not damage the paint either.

Skip

Thanks for the info Skip.

oh well, we live in a drive through world...cant wait...i want it yesterday...haha

yea my SGT is a daily driver...my stripes will probably start flappin in the wind after a few 1000 miles.

if i cant keep the exterior from rotting (just kiddin), then i can at least keep the interior in good shape. i bought some seat covers and ordered some mustang all weather floor mats so i wont wear out my shelby mats. and got a steering wheel cover.

the seat covers and steering wheel cover i bought from wally world and suprisingly they match the charcoal interior perfect.

now at the risk of sounding like a nerd i also bought a sun visor organizer so i can keep my remote garage door opener, cell phone, sunglasses, jimmy hoffa ;) in it where i can access them easily.

my center consol storage is already filled with CDs lol... and i got tired of using my cup holders to hold my crap. obviously the glove compartment is in an inconvenient location for the driver.

I drove to Fargo today (85 miles 1 one way) to the all Ford car show. Yes, it did rain the whole way there and back. Just looked at the stripes, on the roof, and they are ripped, torn, and have water bubbles under them. I'll try the dealership on Monday but, I doubt they will know what to do. Much less know how to put them back on. Has anyone else had this problem??? Figures, the first time I have driven it in the rain...On a good note, we did take 1st place today.

That's God's way of saying people should not go to North Dakota--I'm not sure "lifted" really describes your stripe issue though

That's God's way of saying people should not go to North Dakota--I'm not sure "lifted" really describes your stripe issue though

LOL A GREAT job was the only reason this Alabama boy moved this far north!!! Why else would I put up with 40 below temps in the winter.

Someone said they were concerned about the suspention, given all the stripe issues reported. I brought mine back to the dealer complaining of an exhaust rattle, and they have yet to fix that, although they did discover the grease fittings on the rear control arms had never been filled. So it maybe a good idead to take a wrench to things after all. Bring a grease gun with you.

Has anyone had the same Exhaust rattle issue? My baby hits the lift again Thursday, for a second attempt to fix it. Found a mechanic that is a life long Mustanghead at the Lincolon side of the dealship that has vowed to fix it. Wish me luck. WOOD.

P.S. Scoops are held on by 4 bolts, rivets are decorative.

shelbywood,

welcome on board. There have been plenty of discussions about the exhaust rattle. Mostly revolving around part of the muffler hanger striking the inside of the rear bumper or loose clamps. Try searching back through the forums for more details.

PS. I don't have the original hood but I believe there are actually four more bolts hidden by the hood blanket. While your searching for your rattle look for the new full rivet application.

Someone said they were concerned about the suspention, given all the stripe issues reported. I brought mine back to the dealer complaining of an exhaust rattle, and they have yet to fix that, although they did discover the grease fittings on the rear control arms had never been filled. So it maybe a good idead to take a wrench to things after all. Bring a grease gun with you.

Has anyone had the same Exhaust rattle issue? My baby hits the lift again Thursday, for a second attempt to fix it. Found a mechanic that is a life long Mustanghead at the Lincolon side of the dealship that has vowed to fix it. Wish me luck. WOOD.

P.S. Scoops are held on by 4 bolts, rivets are decorative.

Rear control arms have zerks? As many times as I have climbed under this car I've never noticed.

The scoop is held on with 8 bolts (4 of which are hidden under the insulation) on earlier cars. Later cars had two of the fake rivets replaced with real bolts and then even later cars are riveted. And one guy on here used super glue!.

It gets confusing after awhile.

Looks like you have all the standard issues related to this car. I would wear out that search button.

Rear control arms have zerks? As many times as I have climbed under this car I've never noticed.

The scoop is held on with 8 bolts (4 of which are hidden under the insulation) on earlier cars. Later cars had two of the fake rivets replaced with real bolts and then even later cars are riveted. And one guy on here used super glue!.

It gets confusing after awhile.

Looks like you have all the standard issues related to this car. I would wear out that search button.

Thanks for the help guys. Has any one had an issue with the Passenger side door vibrating from the Shaker 1000 radio, Not sue if I have a blown speaker, and the car goes back to dealer Thursday for the rattle.

Should I print the description here for the Exhaust rattle to show them?

Thanks for the help guys. Has any one had an issue with the Passenger side door vibrating from the Shaker 1000 radio, Not sue if I have a blown speaker, and the car goes back to dealer Thursday for the rattle.

Should I print the description here for the Exhaust rattle to show them?

Dealer could not fix my rattle, so I fixed it! It was a combination of issues:

1. Left side muffler hanger rod 1" too long and hitting frame rail. Removed 1" of the rod.

2. Both left and right mufflers rubbing against the rear muffler hangers. Bent muffler rods to clear hangers.

3. Both tail pipes hitting the frame rails. Loosen muffler clamps and adjust tail pipes 3/4" from frame rails.

It took me several attemps to fix the rattle issues over a course of several weeks. All is good now!

• 3 weeks later...

The dealership called on Friday and told me the stripes were in. I have a 9:00 am appointed for Monday to have them installed. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

How long did it take you to get the stripes in? Ive been waiting patiently for a month. The patience is wearing thin. All I need are the stripes for the front fascia. The 800 number was called, by the dealer, and I think ive done everything I needed to do. Its just starting to get really old.

Archived