TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does Your Right One Hang Lower Than Your Left One?

ShelbyCobra826

Now that I have your attention...

I was up under #4990 this afternoon trying to figure out how to get my 3.5 ton jack under the car (yes, this is another topic entirely...), and I noticed that the passenger's side pipe is at least 1" lower than the driver's side pipe. It starts dropping down just behind the X crossover and is at its lowest point just before it jumps over the rear axle.

Is everyone's SGT like this, or just mine? This thing has ground clearance issues enough without taking away a precious inch down there. Anyway, there's no banging or clanking or rattling, but I'd like to get it fixed if it isn't supposed to be like this.

Thanks.

I was up under #4990 this afternoon trying to figure out how to get my 3.5 ton jack under the car (yes, this is another topic entirely...), and I noticed that the passenger's side pipe is at least 1" lower than the driver's side pipe. It starts dropping down just behind the X crossover and is at its lowest point just before it jumps over the rear axle.

Is everyone's SGT like this, or just mine? This thing has ground clearance issues enough without taking away a precious inch down there. Anyway, there's no banging or clanking or rattling, but I'd like to get it fixed if it isn't supposed to be like this.

Thanks.

Try loosening the clamp and turning the muffler. This might help.

As for getting the jack underneath, I just drive up onto 1.5" thick boards to get the clearance needed....

Did you put the jack under the edge of the frame where it is notched to accept the factory (okay, usually factory) jack, or did you put it under the front diagonal subframe between this point and the K-member?

So I guess that I am the only one with one pipe this much lower than the other one?

Did you put the jack under the edge of the frame where it is notched to accept the factory (okay, usually factory) jack, or did you put it under the front diagonal subframe between this point and the K-member?

So I guess that I am the only one with one pipe this much lower than the other one?

I place it on the jack point of the car BUT I place a 2x4 between the jack and car first to equalize the pressure.

Thanks.

Yep, me too. Mine is on the Drivers side and probably about 1/2 more than the passenger side. Will need to take care of that as well.

Yep, me too. Mine is on the Drivers side and probably about 1/2 more than the passenger side. Will need to take care of that as well.

The dealership just called and informed me that one of the clamps appeared to have never been tightened, and when tightened brought the passenger's side pipe up even with the driver's side pipe. They said that the mechanic test drove it (I bet that he did...) and reported no banging or other problems.

EDIT: After picking up the car, I can say that it is now right. Very pleased.

At first they gave me grief about fixing it, but I pointed out to them that the two SGTs in their showroom had perfectly level pipes (I checked when I dropped the car off last night). Funny, but one of those cars was the one that I originally ordered back during the holidays last year and arrived in April with a non-negotiable $7K ADM sticker...which is now gone.

Also, I had them check my rear side marker light while they had the car as the passenger's side unit was not working. They fixed this and said that one of the wires coming out of the harness was being pinched between the bumper cover and the body of the car. Does SAI have to remove the rear bumper cover to stripe it?

Archived