TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Upgrading from Shaker500 to Shaker1000

frankieboo69

I have the Shaker500 in my Shelby and i was wondering if it would be expensive to upgrade to the Shaker1000 , and what would it consist of ????? does the shaker1000 have an seprete amp mounted in the car or is it that the stereo itself put out 1000w??? and i believe that the 1000 has two subs in the trunk also where mine only has the subs in the door panels, so i think i wold have to purchase these also if this is correct??? does anyone know how much this would cost and have you had it upgraded??? B)

You could probably just get an amp mounted and a box in the trunk for less money . I have the 1000, and while it is very nice....I had just a box and an amp in my 04 GT and it sounded great.

If I was going to uprade from the 500, i would just go to best buy or somewhere and do it.

From what I understand it's not just a simple upgrade. You have to upgrade the deck, run new wiring for the box from the head deck (pulling the panneling and everything) to the 2 tens.

I would go with SDEAR's advice and go aftermarket. There are some pretty nice setup's out there that fit the factory location for a fraction of the cost, time and effort. There a Schoche and an MTX if I remember correctly. Someone posted them in the past. You might try searching....

From what I understand it's not just a simple upgrade. You have to upgrade the deck, run new wiring for the box from the head deck (pulling the panneling and everything) to the 2 tens.

I would go with SDEAR's advice and go aftermarket. There are some pretty nice setup's out there that fit the factory location for a fraction of the cost, time and effort. There a Schoche and an MTX if I remember correctly. Someone posted them in the past. You might try searching....

I UPGRADED FROM THE 500 TO THE 1000. I INSTALLED THE AMP RACK WITH MY AMP AND PUT THE FACTORY SUB BOX IN. IT BOLTS TO THE FACTORY HOLES AND YOU CAN USE THE 500 HEAD UNIT WITH IT.

thanx for the reply and info !!!! B)

I would like to put origanal well somewhat origanal my car obviously came with the 500 but i want to get the 1000 not an aftermarket , thanx for the info though , if it cost to much or to much work then id go with the aftermarket B)

I UPGRADED FROM THE 500 TO THE 1000. I INSTALLED THE AMP RACK WITH MY AMP AND PUT THE FACTORY SUB BOX IN. IT BOLTS TO THE FACTORY HOLES AND YOU CAN USE THE 500 HEAD UNIT WITH IT.

so the 1000 has a sub box in the trunk???

i thought they gust had the subs mounted in the trunk behind the seat!!! :rolleyes:

so you got the factory sub bot and used your own amp???

how much did it cost???

Thanx for the post and info, i really appreaciate it!!!!!!! B)

I had the Shaker 1000 in my 05' and have the Nav (500 equivalent) now. I honestly, nine times out of 10, don't hear the difference, here is why. The majority of my stuff is on MP3 CD's. Six of them with 50-60 songs each. Otherwise I connect my iPod. Now what do all of these have in common? As an audio source they #$@! Simple as that! MP3s even at a high bit rate like 256 or 384 just don't even do a Shaker 500 justice. It's sort of like connecting a Bose receiver to k-Mart speakers. The stuff I usually pump through just isn't of a high enough quality to make a difference. Unless you are truly an audiophile and intend to play REAL CD's the effort and cost, IMHO, just isn't worth what you'll get.

Again IMHO having owned both.

Bear in mind, if you car about room in your trunk, the shaker 1000 subs take up a good portion of it. Most people I have spoken with recommend an aftermarket unit in lieu of the 1000, however if you want to stay w/ original Ford equipment and don't mind the loss of trunk space, and really feel like you need that bass booming in the trunk, then go for it!

Bear in mind, if you car about room in your trunk, the shaker 1000 subs take up a good portion of it. Most people I have spoken with recommend an aftermarket unit in lieu of the 1000, however if you want to stay w/ original Ford equipment and don't mind the loss of trunk space, and really feel like you need that bass booming in the trunk, then go for it!

I'm really impressed with the sound of my 1000, its easily the best factory system I've ever been around. The amps for the subs in the trunk are right behind the subs, and mounting everything to factory mounts should be no sweat. Not sure whats there wiring wise hopefully a pig tail to tie into in the trunk.

:angry: ohhh, you guys suck just when I am trying to finish projects you spark my interest again. Since it will already be a modification, I would go with an aftermarket product if I do this.

Seriously go listen to a Shaker 1000 I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. It really is outstanding IMHO, I've had a lot of cars and usually get the upline stereo, and this one blows the others away.

So is the Head Unit exactly the same except for the "Shaker 1000" logo on the front? If you add the amps and the factory Sub box do you basically have a Shaker 1000 with a Shaker 500 logo?

I wouldn't put the money into a shaker 1000. I have one in my SGT and I was disappointed when I took it home. I had a Mach 1000 system in my 03 GT and it sounded musch better than the shaker 1000. I haven't researched the difference in the two systems but I am really disappointed in the Shaker 1000. You can do better by going to a professional audio shop, and you'll be happier with the sound.

I wouldn't put the money into a shaker 1000. I have one in my SGT and I was disappointed when I took it home. I had a Mach 1000 system in my 03 GT and it sounded musch better than the shaker 1000. I haven't researched the difference in the two systems but I am really disappointed in the Shaker 1000. You can do better by going to a professional audio shop, and you'll be happier with the sound.

I purchased my sub box and amp rack on ebay, 500-700 is a fair price. the difference between the head units is the logo on the front and there is a wire and a button on the 1000 head unit to shut just the sub box off. i just fade to the front speakers and it works the same. there is no pig tail to tie in to. you most run your own wires.

So is the Head Unit exactly the same except for the "Shaker 1000" logo on the front? If you add the amps and the factory Sub box do you basically have a Shaker 1000 with a Shaker 500 logo?

Nicely Asked !!!! Thats what ive been getting at???? :)

I purchased my sub box and amp rack on ebay, 500-700 is a fair price. the difference between the head units is the logo on the front and there is a wire and a button on the 1000 head unit to shut just the sub box off. i just fade to the front speakers and it works the same. there is no pig tail to tie in to. you most run your own wires.

thanks again 0264! :)

i'm gonna look around on ebay!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info socaljafo !!!!! :)

By the way did you send your car back to shelby to have it modified to SC????

if so how much did it cost????

And where are you from???? i see so-cal i'm in Aromas 30min S. of San Jose!!!! B)

I went driving today and cam to the conclusion I don't need the subwoffer for now. However, in my research yesterday I found there are two boxes on Crutchfield designed for the S197 Mustang. One of them looked like it would give me the bass I thought I wanted but not take up the room of the 1000.

Answers to you other questions: I am in Orange County about a mile south of the Tragic Kingdom. I was fortunate enough to find out you could have Shelby Autos modify your car before it left Vegas. Eventually they will except returns but not at this time. It was $6400 installed.

This is the system i got from Crutchfield. The sub is a purpose built mustang 05 install. matching carpet box and perfect hardware mounts. no drilling required. The satelite receiver did have to be relocated. The amp is mounted to a seat back.

i read other reviews on their site and found they had used this in 05+ stangs. it only takes up a small area on the right of the trunk, leaving much more than the 1000. For the $$$ and about 120.00 i paid a tweeter retailer to install, it will match up with many more costly systems. keep in mind the stang is pretty thin sheet metal. When you start pushing it around a great deal, they all start to sound very similar.

I do not believe anyone would be disappointed with this investment.

489AP400 Profile AP400 65W x 2 Car Amp

What's Included 1 0 79.99

142PA10 EFX Amplifier Wiring Kit 10-gauge 250-watt w/Patch Cord 1 0 29.99

211UCT12 StreetWires UCT12 per foot 12 gauge Blue/Copper Speaker Wire 6 0 0.80 4.80

142FDMUS05 Scosche 05 Mustang Enclosure Loaded w/12" EFX HDW1204 Subwoofer 1 0 199.99

0000190011 FORD MUSTANG 05- MS 1 0 0.00 0.00

000489CA3Y Profile California Amplifier 3 3 Year Warranty Letter 1 0 0.00 0.00

000AMPIG FREE Crutchfield Guide: Amplifier Installation 1 0 0.00 0.00

000SUBIG FREE Crutchfield Guide: Subwoofer Installation 1 0 0.00 0.00

000CARCAT Current Crutchfield Catalog Car Bounce Back 1 0 0.00 0.00

Sub Total: $314.77

Shipping: FREE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment:

Visa $314.77

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crutchfield

1 Crutchfield Park

Charlottesville, VA 22911-9097

www.crutchfield.com

This is the system i got from Crutchfield. The sub is a purpose built mustang 05 install. matching carpet box and perfect hardware mounts. no drilling required. The satelite receiver did have to be relocated. The amp is mounted to a seat back.

i read other reviews on their site and found they had used this in 05+ stangs. it only takes up a small area on the right of the trunk, leaving much more than the 1000. For the $$$ and about 120.00 i paid a tweeter retailer to install, it will match up with many more costly systems. keep in mind the stang is pretty thin sheet metal. When you start pushing it around a great deal, they all start to sound very similar.

I do not believe anyone would be disappointed with this investment.

489AP400 Profile AP400 65W x 2 Car Amp

What's Included 1 0 79.99

142PA10 EFX Amplifier Wiring Kit 10-gauge 250-watt w/Patch Cord 1 0 29.99

211UCT12 StreetWires UCT12 per foot 12 gauge Blue/Copper Speaker Wire 6 0 0.80 4.80

142FDMUS05 Scosche 05 Mustang Enclosure Loaded w/12" EFX HDW1204 Subwoofer 1 0 199.99

0000190011 FORD MUSTANG 05- MS 1 0 0.00 0.00

000489CA3Y Profile California Amplifier 3 3 Year Warranty Letter 1 0 0.00 0.00

000AMPIG FREE Crutchfield Guide: Amplifier Installation 1 0 0.00 0.00

000SUBIG FREE Crutchfield Guide: Subwoofer Installation 1 0 0.00 0.00

000CARCAT Current Crutchfield Catalog Car Bounce Back 1 0 0.00 0.00

Sub Total: $314.77

Shipping: FREE

Payment:

Visa $314.77

Crutchfield

1 Crutchfield Park

www.crutchfield.com

hey Todd thnx for the info B)

can u post a pic of the box in the trunk????

I have the Shaker500 in my Shelby and i was wondering if it would be expensive to upgrade to the Shaker1000 , and what would it consist of ????? does the shaker1000 have an seprete amp mounted in the car or is it that the stereo itself put out 1000w??? and i believe that the 1000 has two subs in the trunk also where mine only has the subs in the door panels, so i think i wold have to purchase these also if this is correct??? does anyone know how much this would cost and have you had it upgraded??? B)

Frankie I'm gonna have to warn you about the Ford warranty. If you read the fine print ear drums not covered under warranty or self dismantling of car. Now I'm no lawyer but i will advise you to be careful with the power man. haha lmao. sorry i couldn't resist.

Dave.

It is really not a 1000,,, there 2 500's,,,, another way for FORD to save money ;( The 1,000 is ok ,came with the car, Make sure when u replace the sub's from FORD, you get amp's with a voice coil !!! I'am replacing, the amps. hope this helps stg gt # 598 ;)

It is really not a 1000,,, there 2 500's,,,, another way for FORD to save money ;( The 1,000 is ok ,came with the car, Make sure when u replace the sub's from FORD, you get amp's with a voice coil !!! I'am replacing, the amps. hope this helps stg gt # 598 ;)

Thanks,,,,,,,,,stg,,,,,thats good,,,,,,,info! 2x500=1000!

Oh wait,,,,,, just a few more commas,,,,,,

:P

Payment:

Visa $314.77

Crutchfield

1 Crutchfield Park

www.crutchfield.com

Hey Todd. Could you get me that visa # so I can get a sub box as well? Thanks! :lol:

Archived