TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Billet engine dress kit

shelbydream1

Has anyone else installed these and if so any pointers on the tether for the power steering fluid reservoir cap?

Yes, I have installed them. The PS cable will go around the PS reservoir, like the stock cap. It takes a little pressure to stretch the cable over the opening. Make sure that you put a drop of RTV over the cap vent hole, so your fluid doesn't get contaminated.

You will be able to get a PS cap replacement next month that will fix the vent hole issue.

Yes, I have installed them. The PS cable will go around the PS reservoir, like the stock cap. It takes a little pressure to stretch the cable over the opening. Make sure that you put a drop of RTV over the cap vent hole, so your fluid doesn't get contaminated.

You will be able to get a PS cap replacement next month that will fix the vent hole issue.

Yes I used a clear silicone sealant over the vent hole. The tether was a b***h to get on. I ended up using a pair of needle nose pliers and stretched the cable some until I could slip it over using a screwdriver to help work it around the connecter. Try using a little oil or vaseline too. Do you know will we have to buy the new PS cap or will they replace it if we send them our old one?

Dave

Archived