TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca as Authorized Shelby Mod Shop and......

mywickedshelby

I found an article this morning on mustang news......

http://www.themustangnews.com/fomoco_07/st.0807tasca.htm

check it out if you have not already seen it.

PS. The link worked a minute ago? You will probably have to get there on your own...sorry.

In a nut shell....................

“I’m thrilled to be working with the Tasca Ford team, who understand balanced performance, quality production and loves motorsports,” stated Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles. “Now, Shelby enthusiasts in the Northeast can turn up the wick on their cars with Shelby programs at Tasca instead of sending their cars all the way to Nevada. Their local Mod Shop will have Shelby trained production specrapts who know Mustangs inside and out, and are also experts in Shelby Performance Parts and packages.”

The Tasca Automotive Group Shelby Mod Shop is scheduled to open in October 2007. Up to six other Shelby Mod Shops will be opened in key U.S. and international markets during the next year.

:)

[The Tasca Automotive Group Shelby Mod Shop is scheduled to open in October 2007. Up to six other Shelby Mod Shops will be opened in key U.S. and international markets during the next year.]

I hope we get one in the midwest (Chicago, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Kansas City) I'd settle for any of those cities. They are all within 300 miles of me instead of 1,500 to Vegas or 1,200 to Tasca. If one pops up in one of those cities I see a supercharger in the near future. :D

Dave

In a nut shell....................

“I’m thrilled to be working with the Tasca Ford team, who understand balanced performance, quality production and loves motorsports,” stated Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles. “Now, Shelby enthusiasts in the Northeast can turn up the wick on their cars with Shelby programs at Tasca instead of sending their cars all the way to Nevada. Their local Mod Shop will have Shelby trained production specrapts who know Mustangs inside and out, and are also experts in Shelby Performance Parts and packages.”

The Tasca Automotive Group Shelby Mod Shop is scheduled to open in October 2007. Up to six other Shelby Mod Shops will be opened in key U.S. and international markets during the next year.

:)

I sure hope one of those "key" places is Dallas.

Does this mean I can now get the Shelby supercharger, installed at Tasca, without giving up my warranty?

Jer

Does this mean I can now get the Shelby supercharger, installed at Tasca, without giving up my warranty?

Jer

I may be wrong here, but I don't think you have a warranty when you install a Shelby S/C. At least not on the drive train. Regarding the SC, the Paxton warranty only applies to the supercharger itself. I don't think Ford warrantys the engine anymore because all they have to say is the SC was at least 1% contributatory to a failure (which will be easy to do in most cases). As far as I know, the only SC manufacturer that warrantys the drive train is Roush but I've never heard of anyone making a claim yet to see if they actually follow through on the warranty.

[The Tasca Automotive Group Shelby Mod Shop is scheduled to open in October 2007. Up to six other Shelby Mod Shops will be opened in key U.S. and international markets during the next year.]

I hope we get one in the midwest (Chicago, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Kansas City) I'd settle for any of those cities. They are all within 300 miles of me instead of 1,500 to Vegas or 1,200 to Tasca. If one pops up in one of those cities I see a supercharger in the near future. :D

Dave

Amy! For the midwest contact Victor Ford!!! Or as they like to be called "Victor Ford Motorsports".

http://www.victorford.com/

These guys are the only legitimate high performance Ford dealer in the Chicago area. They were the ONLY ones that even had the Ford Racing Oil Filter in stock! Just as a point of reference.

They just got a 40th Anniversary Edition GT500 Convertible today! VERY VERY sweet! From the back I thought it was an SGT with the letters and silver on black. Looked REALLY nice!

Jer

The Whipple has a warranty as well as it is a FRPP part. Adam or Roger should have more info on it as that is the S/C they went with.

The Whipple has a warranty as well as it is a FRPP part. Adam or Roger should have more info on it as that is the S/C they went with.

I was just reading somewhere i think..........................

If you are within 3/36 of the factory milage, you will get a 12month/12K milage from Ford if they do the install?

From the Ford Racing Web Site

The warranty will cover parts and labor to replace defective components on Ford Dealer installed parts only.

A 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is applicable if installed at the time of vehicle delivery

A 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty is in effect if installed after the date of vehicle delivery but prior to expiration of 3 years / 36,000 mile vehicle warranty

From the Ford Racing Web Site

The warranty will cover parts and labor to replace defective components on Ford Dealer installed parts only.

A 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty is applicable if installed at the time of vehicle delivery

A 12 month / 12,000 mile warranty is in effect if installed after the date of vehicle delivery but prior to expiration of 3 years / 36,000 mile vehicle warranty

There it is................

Thanks............................ :)

Archived