TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JACKING UP SGT

SGT4431

If you are just changing the pony caps on the rims, I do not think you have to jack the car up, Just popped the old ones off and snapped in the new ones, damm too late

Makes sense to me...................................Why jack it to change a Cap?

But if you want the car up to change oil get Race Ramps , they are twice as long , and have a low low incline angle , light weight , very easy to handle , and they don't scrape the front facia at all

ZDS

Yes. I changed my caps a few weeks back. No jacking of car necessary at all. Get a small flat screwdriver and CAREFULLY pry off the exsisiting cap. I used a rag on the screwdriver so it wouldn't scratch the wheel. Once the old cap is off , pop the new one on with a easy hit of the palm of your hand. That is how it worked for me.

-Tim-

Yes. I changed my caps a few weeks back. No jacking of car necessary at all. Get a small flat screwdriver and CAREFULLY pry off the exsisiting cap. I used a rag on the screwdriver so it wouldn't scratch the wheel. Once the old cap is off , pop the new one on with a easy hit of the palm of your hand. That is how it worked for me.

-Tim-

I think that this issue is: do you go slowly and very carefully with the wheels on or take them off and simply knock the centers out from the back? Six of one, half dozen of the other, so long as you have a good floor jack and stands.

I think that this issue is: do you go slowly and very carefully with the wheels on or take them off and simply knock the centers out from the back? Six of one, half dozen of the other, so long as you have a good floor jack and stands.

Please Please ............................It is not necessarey to jack the car to remove and replace the center cap, just use a thin common screw drive pop off the old ones , and install the new ones with the palm of your hand .

REMEMBER Every time you jack a car up you take a chance of damaging it ! , Why would you jack a car if you dont have .

Also don't jack this car if you are not removing a wheel ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Use ramps , as I said before RCERAMPS makes a great product with a low long angled ramp , it won't scrap the facia................ZDS

Please Please ............................It is not necessarey to jack the car to remove and replace the center cap, just use a thin common screw drive pop off the old ones , and install the new ones with the palm of your hand .

REMEMBER Every time you jack a car up you take a chance of damaging it ! , Why would you jack a car if you dont have .

Also don't jack this car if you are not removing a wheel ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Use ramps , as I said before RCERAMPS makes a great product with a low long angled ramp , it won't scrap the facia................ZDS

Google never heard of RCERAMPS ?

try "race ramps"....I just found ut thru Google

ZDS,

ARE THE 56'' ONES ON THE "RACE RAMP" SITE THE ONES THAT YOU BOUGHT FOR THE SGT?

ZDS,

The ramps are 67" , really good quality ,and easy to handle , I just store them vertically.

http://www.raceramps.com/store/shopexd.asp?id=62&bc=no

go to the site above, takes you right here.

Google never heard of RCERAMPS ?

Thats cause it should be RACE RAMPS , sorry bout that , check my last post....................ZDS

ZDS,

I bought the 56" race ramps and they worked fine with standard SGT wheels, front facia, etc... Also, get the 15% discount by entering cfcoup1. A Corvette club had this one and there are others. Makes them a little more affordable. Take care.

$299 minus 15% is still a little hard to swallow. I still like my cheapo rhino ramps and 2 by combo's. I can save the money to buy something for the car.....like new center caps!

Actually, the 56" race ramps work fine. $199.00 minus 15% plus shipping. Expensive, yes, but they are well made in the USA.

Are each of the Shelby center caps $110? Way too much. That should be the price for 4.

You get a set of 4 for 110. Still way too much for little metal caps that should have come as

standard Shelby upgrade.

We paid $7300 to Shelby for about $3000 worth of Ford Racing parts.

Pretty high labor in my opinion. But we get "the name" too. Guess that was worth something? No sure

how much.

We paid $7300 to Shelby for about $3000 worth of Ford Racing parts.

Pretty high labor in my opinion. But we get "the name" too. Guess that was worth something? No sure

how much.

Well, it's worth $4300 to everyone that bought a SGT :D

FWIW, I did a cost-benfit-analysis back in April on the SGT. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpost.php...040&postcount=1

I figured parts and labor at $4167 retail, so SGT owners are paying $3223 over that (excluding $1000 GGT)

Archived