TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Corner of Stripe peeling

GTHERO

The corner of the passenger hood stripe is peeling on the top of the hood, you can actually see it from inside the car. You can see it in this picture, on the right of the stripe right by the washer fluid nozzle.

1DSCF0038.JPG

What should I do??

Just read your other thread about warranty claims, so i know that is one route, but is there anything i can do short of replacing the whole stripe??

Setting up a warranty claim is the first option. But if you want to try and repair it or do a temporairy repair, you can use a touch of clear finger nail polish. Put some on the sticky part of the stripe and use some of that blue painters tape to hold it in place. Using this type of tape will hold it in place and it it easy to remove. I would not recomend using super glue. If the stripe is replaced, that area may not come off or it may even pull the paint off the hood.

Bud

Setting up a warranty claim is the first option. But if you want to try and repair it or do a temporairy repair, you can use a touch of clear finger nail polish. Put some on the sticky part of the stripe and use some of that blue painters tape to hold it in place. Using this type of tape will hold it in place and it it easy to remove. I would not recomend using super glue. If the stripe is replaced, that area may not come off or it may even pull the paint off the hood.

Bud

Thanks Bud, sounds like a great temporary fix while the new stripe kit and claim goes through!!!!

Archived