TEAM SHELBY FORUM

still waiting for my stripes any word on them

dmagner1

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN WERE GETTING OUR BACK ORDERED STRIPES, I THINK WE CAN OPEN A PACKAGE AT SAI AND SHIPPED THEM OUT SEPERATLY TO THERE CUSTOMERS. AMY BUD JOHN ITS BEEN A LONG TIME. A LITTLE FEEDBACK WOULD BE HELPFUL

If you could, email Doug Sinclair at Dougs@shelbyautos.com He can check on your stripes. Where they warranty or are you purchasing them? Warranty--was the claim set up? Either way, Doug can help you out.

Bud

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN WERE GETTING OUR BACK ORDERED STRIPES, I THINK WE CAN OPEN A PACKAGE AT SAI AND SHIPPED THEM OUT SEPERATLY TO THERE CUSTOMERS. AMY BUD JOHN ITS BEEN A LONG TIME. A LITTLE FEEDBACK WOULD BE HELPFUL

Along with Bud's advice,

I emailed Keith yesterday and he promptly called me back. I have my stripe claim under warranty - for several months now - but with no resolution. Apparently Ford Racing and SAI don't communicate because Keith said he had no record of my claim either from myself, the service manager I'm using or from the dealership. He also said the best way to get the stripe if going through a dealership is the have the dealership contact him with a credit card and buy the stripe and then the dealership can go to Ford Racing to get reimbursed.

He said pics need to be sent of the damage to him along with pics of the vin and csm#.

I don't know if that will help but this is the route I'm going to start pushing my dealership and maybe I can finally get something done.

kcriswell@shelbyperformanceparts.com

702-853-2060

Shelby performance parts

702-405-3500

As Bud referenced, Doug has also been very helpful in the past as well.

dougs@shelbyautos.com.

702-942-7325

The BEST way to get a warranty replacement stripe is to have your dealer set up a claim by calling 1-800-367-3788. This is a direct number for the SGT warranty issues. If you dealer does not know this number, they will be calling the wrong warranty office and probably nothing will happen.

When the claim is set up, the warranty company contacts the company doing the stripes and will also contact Doug and myself. The striping company will then send out the stripes needed straight to the dealer. When a warranty claim is put through properly, Keith at Shelby Performance Parts will NOT be notified of this transaction. If, a stripe issue becomes a customer pay, then Keith will be notified and the proper steps are taken.

I hope that this will help in clearing some of your questions. If you ever have any questions at all, that I might be able to answer, please, feel free to drop me a line anytime!!!!!! Budm@shelbyautos.com :D

Bud

The BEST way to get a warranty replacement stripe is to have your dealer set up a claim by calling 1-800-367-3788. This is a direct number for the SGT warranty issues. If you dealer does not know this number, they will be calling the wrong warranty office and probably nothing will happen.

When the claim is set up, the warranty company contacts the company doing the stripes and will also contact Doug and myself. The striping company will then send out the stripes needed straight to the dealer. When a warranty claim is put through properly, Keith at Shelby Performance Parts will NOT be notified of this transaction. If, a stripe issue becomes a customer pay, then Keith will be notified and the proper steps are taken.

I hope that this will help in clearing some of your questions. If you ever have any questions at all, that I might be able to answer, please, feel free to drop me a line anytime!!!!!! Budm@shelbyautos.com :D

Bud

OK Bud, this is even more confusing than what Keith told me yesterday. Do we not need to use Ford Racing for warranty claims? My dealership has used Ford Racing, has used the above number and been in contact with Keith yet there is no record of anything happening. Do I need to have them start the process all over again?

So let me get this straight;

Stripes and scoop are not through Ford Racing but through SAI.

1. In my case, the dealership calls the above # to start a warranty process, sending pics, info and etc.

2. The "warranty company" contacts the dealership back (I am assuming with a claim approval or denial), notifies you and Doug then if approved the stripes are sent straight to the dealership.

This means Ford Racing is not nor should have ever been involved? What happened to my claim is the service manager called the above # but then was told to use Ford Racing for the claim or so I was told anyway.

I post this on the board instead of dropping you a line because I believe there are several people having the same problem, two more that I know of.

I'm going to print what you wrote and give it to the dealership.

OK Bud, this is even more confusing than what Keith told me yesterday. Do we not need to use Ford Racing for warranty claims? My dealership has used Ford Racing, has used the above number and been in contact with Keith yet there is no record of anything happening. Do I need to have them start the process all over again?

So let me get this straight;

Stripes and scoop are not through Ford Racing but through SAI.

1. In my case, the dealership calls the above # to start a warranty process, sending pics, info and etc.

2. The "warranty company" contacts the dealership back (I am assuming with a claim approval or denial), notifies you and Doug then if approved the stripes are sent straight to the dealership.

This means Ford Racing is not nor should have ever been involved? What happened to my claim is the service manager called the above # but then was told to use Ford Racing for the claim or so I was told anyway.

I post this on the board instead of dropping you a line because I believe there are several people having the same problem, two more that I know of.

I'm going to print what you wrote and give it to the dealership.

When you go to your dealer for warranty work--say you have a power window type problem. The dealer checks it out , fixes it and submits the claim through Ford warranty. If you have an issue with the Shelby package, then the service department needs to call the 800# to set up the claim. They guys are the claim office will get ahold of the proper people (us here at Shelby or the stripers) so we can issue the repairs items. The customer does not need to call the 800# unless they feel that there is an issue that their dealer can not resolve. But then again, thats why we are here too. If there is a striping issue, the striping company and us are both notified. The striping company then sends out the stripes needed for repairs. We do nothing but log and file the claim. We do not send out stripes (anymore).

If the issue is a "hard" part, like a scoop, hood pin pull rings etc, then we will again recieve the info from the warranty company and we send out the parts. When this first started, there was a lot of confusion. The dealers would contact us first. This has now changed. In fact, its rare that the dealers contacts us first. If they do, we then refer them back to the 800 number.

Now lets say you had a little accident and you need a front grille, fascia, hood, left fender, you or more perferably your body shop, would need to contact Keith at Shelby Performance Parts. Now, the hood, fender, front fascia are ALL FORD STOCK PARTS. Those can be purchased from Ford. The stripes for the hood, fascia and fender and the billett grille insert would need to be purchased from Keith. But before he can sell any parts, he will need the VIN#, your info AND photos of the vehicle. This helps to prevent cloning.

As for any missing warranty stripes that may have been ordered before, I would suggest to have the dealers service department call the 800 number and resubit the claim.

I hope this helps out a little more. If not, lmk and I'll keep trying to answer any and all questions.

Bud

When you go to your dealer for warranty work--say you have a power window type problem. The dealer checks it out , fixes it and submits the claim through Ford warranty. If you have an issue with the Shelby package, then the service department needs to call the 800# to set up the claim. They guys are the claim office will get ahold of the proper people (us here at Shelby or the stripers) so we can issue the repairs items. The customer does not need to call the 800# unless they feel that there is an issue that their dealer can not resolve. But then again, thats why we are here too. If there is a striping issue, the striping company and us are both notified. The striping company then sends out the stripes needed for repairs. We do nothing but log and file the claim. We do not send out stripes (anymore).

If the issue is a "hard" part, like a scoop, hood pin pull rings etc, then we will again recieve the info from the warranty company and we send out the parts. When this first started, there was a lot of confusion. The dealers would contact us first. This has now changed. In fact, its rare that the dealers contacts us first. If they do, we then refer them back to the 800 number.

Now lets say you had a little accident and you need a front grille, fascia, hood, left fender, you or more perferably your body shop, would need to contact Keith at Shelby Performance Parts. Now, the hood, fender, front fascia are ALL FORD STOCK PARTS. Those can be purchased from Ford. The stripes for the hood, fascia and fender and the billett grille insert would need to be purchased from Keith. But before he can sell any parts, he will need the VIN#, your info AND photos of the vehicle. This helps to prevent cloning.

As for any missing warranty stripes that may have been ordered before, I would suggest to have the dealers service department call the 800 number and resubit the claim.

I hope this helps out a little more. If not, lmk and I'll keep trying to answer any and all questions.

Bud

Bud, I know this has been brought up before but I have sent pictures to my dealer of the stripes but the scratches in the stripes are not visible in the digital pictures. I think I could have HD resolution and they wouldn't show. Granted they are hard to see but get them under a flouresent light and they show up like a cat walked across the car. What is Ford racing looking for before they will replace? I'm afraid they'll say it's not bad enough...what then? Dave

Archived