TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why Me, Why Me..........................Help Bud!!!

DreamRide

My " Y " fell off yesterday!!!!! :angry:

Can i send you my " Y " that fell off and get a new one? :unsure:

Or

Is there some special Ford goo that i can use to re-install? :unsure:

The good news is,

At the Car show and Cruise yesturday, Only 1 person noticed it was missing......... but, apparently it was one of the judge's ;) and there you have the bad news...............

Or

The good news is,

At the Car show and Cruise yesturday, Only 1 person noticed it was missing......... but, apparently it was one of the judge's ;) and there you have the bad news...............

My Y fell off to :angry: The dealer said he had to buy the whole word and redo it, they would not glue the Y back on.

If you still have the "Y", you could use double sided tape to put it back on. If not, email me your full info at Budm@shelby.com I'll see if I can find a "Y" for you :D

Bud

Love ya man!!!!

Im going to see if i can find the 2 sided tap thin enough so it looks factory. If no Luck, i will send the info.

Thanks Bud........................ :)

Ed there is a previous thread about this. It was say a month ago. Someone used an adhesive.....3m trim adhesive like for rear view mirros....and it worked great. MIne fell off too but I stuck it right back on and it hasnt come off and that was in June. I would recommend the adhesive as it will allow you to put on and move the letter slightly for alignment.

Ed there is a previous thread about this. It was say a month ago. Someone used an adhesive.....3m trim adhesive like for rear view mirros....and it worked great. MIne fell off too but I stuck it right back on and it hasnt come off and that was in June. I would recommend the adhesive as it will allow you to put on and move the letter slightly for alignment.

Yeah, I found the "3M Emblem and Trim Adhesive" in a tube. wiped the letter (mine was the "Y" too) off with alcohol and used a tooth pick to apply some of the glue sparingly. Used "goo-be-gone" to wipe up any excess. It has been rock solid now for 3 months. I've caught a drying towel on it several times now and it won't budge. It's the other letters I have to worry about now. I think I'm going to buy a letter set as a spare when I get some spare cash.

Man I dread going out with a missing letter. It's like I'm a teenager and I just woke up to go to school, only to discover a big new zit in the middle of my forehead.

Yeah, I found the "3M Emblem and Trim Adhesive" in a tube. wiped the letter (mine was the "Y" too) off with alcohol and used a tooth pick to apply some of the glue sparingly. Used "goo-be-gone" to wipe up any excess. It has been rock solid now for 3 months. I've caught a drying towel on it several times now and it won't budge. It's the other letters I have to worry about now. I think I'm going to buy a letter set as a spare when I get some spare cash.

Man I dread going out with a missing letter. It's like I'm a teenager and I just woke up to go to school, only to discover a big new zit in the middle of my forehead.

I hear ya!

Did not even want to take her out of the garage today. She felt incomplete............... B)

I found the 3M and going to give it the ole Shelby try in a few. Let you all know how she turns out........

My "L" came off and damaged the stripe. I went the dealer route because I thought I had to do things "officially". It was a nightmare waiting for two reasons. First the dealer said they hadn't received the letters (yes, they too had to order a whole "SHELBY") and two, because the dealer said they were waiting on some word on how they would get paid for their labor. Turns out some guy had the box of letters sitting on his desk for two weeks. They finally fixed it (not sure about the "who's gonna pay for it" issue). My 6 year old daughter began to refer to my car as "SHE-BY" (How humiliating...)

My "L" came off and damaged the stripe. I went the dealer route because I thought I had to do things "officially". It was a nightmare waiting for two reasons. First the dealer said they hadn't received the letters (yes, they too had to order a whole "SHELBY") and two, because the dealer said they were waiting on some word on how they would get paid for their labor. Turns out some guy had the box of letters sitting on his desk for two weeks. They finally fixed it (not sure about the "who's gonna pay for it" issue). My 6 year old daughter began to refer to my car as "SHE-BY" (How humiliating...)

I feel your pain.

When i was at the Show and cruise yesterday, a girl that was drivin a PJ at our first stop noticed it right off, and i was like, oh, crap, i was glad i cought it in the parking lot and did not lose it on the road where it may have hit a car that was behind me.

If anyone is interested, here is some video my co-driver (Daughter) shot of some of the cruise. We were not exactly cruising if you know what i mean.......

Bad boy's in mustangs with an open road = Vroooooom!

maybe this is another place for the rivet fix ! at your own risk of coarse !

Sorry I just couldn't help myself :)

Hey Ed maybe you were just driving to fast for the letters. I know it's not funny but you gotta laugh. My letters wiggle if you move touch them but I have tries to be carefull when washing or cleaning.

Duct tape works great too!!!!!! It will NEVER come off!!!! You may not see the letter anymore, but hell, it aint going nowhere now!!!!! :P :lol: :P

Bud

Have to agree with Bud, duct tape is holding my scoop down, I think. MUCH better than rivets I fully expect this to be the final fix to be announced very soon. :blink: :wacko: :P

Or

The good news is,

Update,

3M'd the "Y" on, good as new.............................. :P

Thanks all! :)

My Y fell off during a bath. I replaced with 3M adhesieve tape cut to fit. It looks great, is more sturdy than the other letters, and appears to be going nowhere now.

I just got a roll of this stuff from 3M. I tested it out on a plastic name plate and mounted it to painted metal panel (not on the car). All I can say is I'll need to use a razor blade to get it off. It will never pull off or fall off again. Awesome stuff!

http://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp?mod...-10107&ref=6036

• 2 weeks later...

Archived