TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drving Lights Installed

SMGT

SMGT please give us details. The pics look great btw. Did you install them? What was the bracket used for installation? All info no matter how small would be appreciated. Alot of us want these lights bad and we kjnow what thedy are but we are just missing the fiberglass bracket info so your help will be greatly appreciated :)

SMGT please give us details. The pics look great btw. Did you install them? What was the bracket used for installation? All info no matter how small would be appreciated. Alot of us want these lights bad and we kjnow what thedy are but we are just missing the fiberglass bracket info so your help will be greatly appreciated :)

Webba,

I had them installed at an install shop as I did not want yo mess with them myself. Cost for the lights was $50 and the install labor was $140. They used the factory wiring and headlight switch but I really can't tell you what they used for a bracket. They did tell me they had to remove the front bumper cover to install the brackets as I did not want the lights too far back. I just told them to center them on the stripes and center top to bottom in the opening. I am very pleased with how they turned out. I think the 4.5" is just the right size for the opening. Good luck!

Webba,

I had them installed at an install shop as I did not want yo mess with them myself. Cost for the lights was $50 and the install labor was $140. They used the factory wiring and headlight switch but I really can't tell you what they used for a bracket. They did tell me they had to remove the front bumper cover to install the brackets as I did not want the lights too far back. I just told them to center them on the stripes and center top to bottom in the opening. I am very pleased with how they turned out. I think the 4.5" is just the right size for the opening. Good luck!

Reading your question again I just realized that I think you are talking about maybe the Shelby lights? Not sure what you mean about the fibergalss bracket. These are not the Shelby lights. I bought them from the install shop and they are made by Pilot. I believe Shelby uses smaller PIAA lights.

Yea I misread the brand you got. They still look great though. The fiberglass bracket is like a ball and socket that the PIAA light sits in. At least from what I can see in the pics I was sent from Socal. Oh well the search continues :)

Yea I misread the brand you got. They still look great though. The fiberglass bracket is like a ball and socket that the PIAA light sits in. At least from what I can see in the pics I was sent from Socal. Oh well the search continues :)

My non-PIAA FoMoCo lights arrived today, so hopefully I can get these installed later this week or this weekend and post pics. If I don't like the installation, I will simply order the new ones from ShelbyPerformanceParts.com when they become available this fall. Good luck.

Archived