TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Off Topic Discussion

ShelbyPilot

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a little disappointed today. I am not one to test my luck on street racing. Today, however, I was just about home when I had this punk kid next to me. He has a woman tagging along. She was old enough to be his mother. There wasn't really any reving. A bit of a glance and smiles. I sized him up and thought this will be a walk. His peice was considerably lighter then my Precious but I easily outclassed him in horsepower.

The moment is upon us and I am off. I hook wonderfully, TCS off and not a bit of spin. I am quickly out to 2 lengths. I had a passing thought that maybe I misread the signals. I am new at the street racing thing. What the heck I am already in and kept going. Everything is straight and nothing in my way. Now he is next to me. Looks over and smiles as he passes me. Not quickly but fast enough. The woman is laughing We come to the end where we both obviously have to brake. He beat me by 2 lengths.

I am utterly disappointed and embarassed. My car did everything it could. Perhaps it was the driver but alas I was beat by a three year old on a tricycle. He was wearing his Buzz Lightyear costume. Maybe that was the difference. One of the best smiles I have had in my car.

SoCaljafo- Ok maybe I miss read the story. Was this a real drag race and you got creamed by a ricer with nitrous or a story of your 3 year old kid beating you in your dreams on his tricycle?

really, please clairify.

Note: If the race was real it goes to show you what nitrous will do on "any" car! What type of car was it any way?

Swede,

Socal if I may,

I think it was a 3 yr old on his tricycle "trying" to race Socal in his SGT going down the block, and Socal let the 3yr old win, much to the enjoyment of everyone. :D

Good job. ;)

So now they have nitrous kits for tricycles???? :o Well if I get one it's gonna be 150 shot.

Saw Aerosmith last night @Jones Beach (Joan Jett opened up)........

saw Lynryd Skynyrd 2 weeks ago at Bethel Woods (original Woodstock site).....(Marshall Tucker opened up)

if anyone likes these 2 bands, I would strongly recommend seeing their current tours.

They both tore it up, great show, high energy, set list of all hits, NONE OF THAT "I AM ONLY PLAYING MY NEW ALBUM CRAP".......(oh yeah, they dont have new albums! :blink: )

Money well spent if you happen to be fan(s)...........

Michael I bet that was a great show. I have seen Aerosmith numerous times but never Joan Jett. Last good show I saw was Audioslave and that was a year or so ago. I did go see James taylor with my wife last year but I fell asleep. I like him but it was too mellow and I was exhausted. She didnt take me when she went to see him last month...wonder why??!LOL

Funny, I had dinner with Ronnie Dio a few years ago with Joey DeMaio of Manowar. He's cool fun guy but REALLY short!

Ironic fact of the Day--Ronnie James Dio is by profession.................a pharmacist! probably came in quite handy in the 80's

My next concert adventure is front row for John Mellencamp with Los Lobos opening for him--should be a great show.

Ironic fact of the Day--Ronnie James Dio is by profession.................a pharmacist! probably came in quite handy in the 80's

I dunno....lol...

I saw the first ever Rainbow concert at the Beacon in NYC...and I dunno if ya can perform like he did while being wasted...put on a great show with an exceptional vocal range...great singer...now after the concert...he probably partied...lol

He's cool fun guy but REALLY short!

Yah....Matt...he sure is a little guy...............with a big voice...haha

Having dinner with him musta been a trip.............pretty cool.......!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Hey dealers--

quick question for you-is the vapor color going to be offered on anything other than the GT500KR? That color is really cool and I'm not a big silver fan.

Hey Dream,

I am not a dealer, but I do know that Vapor is available on a 2008 GT-500. The only downside in my opinion, is that the stripes are only offered in black.

http://www.burnzpost.com/2007/09/14/2009-camaro-vs-mustang/

an interesting article....we all knew it was coming.

Lets face it Wicked, the stock for stock the General has always come out ahead - except for that whole canceling it's production thing :blink:

I actually called my Chevy guy here about a week ago because I was going to put my Jeep up for sale to save up and buy the 09 Camaro. He said prices are starting around $35k with a $10k ADM!

And we thought the SGT was bad.

No Camaro for me. :(

Lets face it Wicked, the stock for stock the General has always come out ahead - except for that whole canceling it's production thing :blink:

I actually called my Chevy guy here about a week ago because I was going to put my Jeep up for sale to save up and buy the 09 Camaro. He said prices are starting around $35k with a $10k ADM!

And we thought the SGT was bad.

No Camaro for me. :(

Jessica Alba would have picked the Shelby GT over the Camaro

Yea, my Chevy guy said they are getting their a$$es handed to them since GM really doesn't have any sports car except the 'vette.

Who wants a 'vette? <_<

Especially with the popularity of the Mustang (and all its versions), I cant believe GM is taking this long to get the new camaro to market.

Geez, I was oggling it at the 2006 NY Auto Show?

Then you know (only too well) that the suplly will be trickle trickle so the dealers can maximize their ADM thing. Apparently that is their market strategy.

Archived