TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Off Topic Discussion

ShelbyPilot

We had one of these going awhile ago but it seemed to fall through the forum. So, I bring one back to talk about anything you want to. Have fun and enjoy the discussion but please be respectful so GTHero doesn't get out his censorship mouse, j/k. :P

I'll start because I didn't think my following question deserved a thread but I am curious what you think will happen. I am attending an event on Thursday, an evening with Jack Roush. It is at a local Ford Dealership and is promoted by a local Mustang club. I am a NASCAR and anything Mustang fan. I paid for a spot in the display area. I registered for the display area because I didn't want to park Precious a block away on the street. I believe most owners of Mustangs (standard or signature style) respect all other kinds. What kind of reception do you think I will see?

Again, feel free to let the discussion flow into other areas or bring up whatever "nothing" you want to talk about. By definition it isn't possible to hijack this thread and there should never be a post about staying on topic. :P It woorked for a little show on NBC for several years.

HEY SOCAL, I AM IN YOUR THREADS, EDITING YOUR POSTS!!!!!

-HERO

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to a car show saturday in solvang, Ca. and there was lots of people and about 275 cars well there was only about 6 2004 and up mustangs and there was one stage1 and 1 gt500 and my SGT the person who won the best of class in 2004 and up mustangs was the promoter's brother in-law and he had a 2005GT bone stock, owell, but we had a lot of fun

Think you'll be fine, SoCal, although you may hear a few smart a$$ comments just in fun. The only show I have put my car in was our local 4th of July show (every other one I wanted to go to got rained on) and a guy brought his Roush 427. We talked quite a bit and he showed great interest in my car, as did I in his.

On a side note, simular situation to pottydr at the show, while I was not really upset about it because I thought there were several very nice cars there more deserving of it, including the Roush , a 2005 bone stock Corvette won judge's choice. :blink: Oh yea, he was the judge's son. Gotta love small towns!! :)

YES, that is funny you mentioned it. I always treat the car shows as fun only and don't care who wins. I'm very happy to pay the entrance fee to have a good spot to "park" my car. It allows the best access to the other cars I go to look at !

+1 on that on............

I go for the fun. If i win something, Great, if not, its the fact of hangin out and talkin with all the people about what we love,

Women and Beer!

oh,

Cars! :)

Think you'll be fine, SoCal, although you may hear a few smart a$$ comments just in fun. The only show I have put my car in was our local 4th of July show (every other one I wanted to go to got rained on) and a guy brought his Roush 427. We talked quite a bit and he showed great interest in my car, as did I in his.

On a side note, simular situation to pottydr at the show, while I was not really upset about it because I thought there were several very nice cars there more deserving of it, including the Roush , a 2005 bone stock Corvette won judge's choice. :blink: Oh yea, he was the judge's son. Gotta love small towns!! :)

Those comments will just be MattC complaining about your cobras on the wheels!!! :D :P

I think most mustang guys, regardless of whether they drive a Roush, Saleen, stock new or classic all appreciate the Shelbys. I met a guy with a 68 GT500 and HE complimented ME on my car-I was very surpirsed and pleased cause his car was sweeeeeeeeeeeet (but not precious :D ).

Very well.

Two random thoughts today. First, a good solution of dish soap will remove the residue from Maguier's Cleaner polish from the underside the hood. Second, the edges of a hood blanket are near razor sharp, ouch.

New question about nothing:

What CDs do you have in your changer?

1. Chris Leoux: 20 Greatest

2. Toby Keith: Greates Hits

3. Kenny Chesney: Live

4. Garth Brooks: The Hits

5. Van Halen: (wahtever the last greatest hits was called)

6. Johnny Cash: The Legend of Johnny Cash (That is today, I use the #6 slot to rotate different CDs through)

Most of the new music I keep on an MP3 player.

Those comments will just be MattC complaining about your cobras on the wheels!!! :D :P

I would be happy to remove them if Shelby/Scott Drake/American Racing come up with an acceptable replacement. The "Shelby GT" cap for sale isn't it for me. I would be happy with the tri-bar pony or the newer Shelby logo like on the engine caps. Yeah they still have a silouette of a cobra head.

Very well.

Two random thoughts today. First, a good solution of dish soap will remove the residue from Maguier's Cleaner polish from the underside the hood. Second, the edges of a hood blanket are near razor sharp, ouch.

New question about nothing:

1. Chris Leoux: 20 Greatest

2. Toby Keith: Greates Hits

3. Kenny Chesney: Live

4. Garth Brooks: The Hits

5. Van Halen: (wahtever the last greatest hits was called)

6. Johnny Cash: The Legend of Johnny Cash (That is today, I use the #6 slot to rotate different CDs through)

Most of the new music I keep on an MP3 player.

I would be happy to remove them if Shelby/Scott Drake/American Racing come up with an acceptable replacement. The "Shelby GT" cap for sale isn't it for me. I would be happy with the tri-bar pony or the newer Shelby logo like on the engine caps. Yeah they still have a silouette of a cobra head.

I like the newer cobra logo for our cars as well-and I agree, not too wild about the Shelby GT caps.

The 6 CD's in my SGT's changer:

The Rolling Stones, Sticky Fingers

Steely Dan, Greatest Hits

Incubus, Morning View

Stone Temple Pilots, Greatest Hits

Collective Soul, Greatest Hits

a CD-R made by a friend of various tunes (Pearl Jam, ZZ Top, RHCP's, Clapton)

But I have to admit, I mostly listen to the Satellite radio.....Buzzsaw baby!!

Saw in concert this year:

Steely Dan, Beacon Theatre, NY, June

Deep Purple & Vanilla Fudge, Radio City Music Hall, NY, August

Incubus, Jones Beach Ampitheater, NY - August

Upcoming:

Aerosmith & Joan Jett, Jones Beach again, September

As for the Roush event, just tape a Jack from a used deck of cards to each front fender to cover the "Powered By Ford" plate and you should be fine. :D

Funny, but I am also cruising to Toby Keith and Kenny Chesney (x2 and still waiting on the new album), plus a little Dirks Bentley, Trace Adkins and Josh Turner. And I thought that Michael and I were the only hicks on this forum (but even I don't have Blue Collar Comedy as a Sirius preset...sorry Michael). ;)

(but even I don't have Blue Collar Comedy as a Sirius preset...sorry Michael). ;)

:huh: .....ummm, I have the Blue Collar Comedy Tour programmed. It is in the third band though.......but then again the Nascar channel is in the first band. :P

Sirius presets:

1. New County 60

2. Lithium 24

3. Buzzsaw 19

4. The pulse 9

5. LA traffic

6. Nascar

We had one of these going awhile ago but it seemed to fall through the forum. So, I bring one back to talk about anything you want to. Have fun and enjoy the discussion but please be respectful so GTHero doesn't get out his censorship mouse, j/k. :P

I'll start because I didn't think my following question deserved a thread but I am curious what you think will happen. I am attending an event on Thursday, an evening with Jack Roush. It is at a local Ford Dealership and is promoted by a local Mustang club. I am a NASCAR and anything Mustang fan. I paid for a spot in the display area. I registered for the display area because I didn't want to park Precious a block away on the street. I believe most owners of Mustangs (standard or signature style) respect all other kinds. What kind of reception do you think I will see?

Again, feel free to let the discussion flow into other areas or bring up whatever "nothing" you want to talk about. By definition it isn't possible to hijack this thread and there should never be a post about staying on topic. :P It woorked for a little show on NBC for several years.

HEY SOCAL, I AM IN YOUR THREADS, EDITING YOUR POSTS!!!!!

-HERO

SOCALJAFO,

I WENT TO THE SAME TYPE OF EVENT AT FRONTIER FORD IN SAN JOSE CA JACK ROUSH CAME DOWN IT WAS OF THE FRIDAY WHEN NASCAR WAS AT SONOMA. IT WAS GOOD FUN! MY SON GOT A JACK ROUSH POSTER SIGNED AND THING LIKE THAT.

ABOUT THE SHOW KINDA OF FUNNY IT SEEMED THAT THE DEALER HAD MORE OF A ISSUE THAN FANS AND OTHER CAR OWNERS. I STILL DONT HAVE MY SGT SO COULD NOT BRING IT, BUT THE DEALER HAD TAKEN ALL THEIR GT 500 (4) AND THE SGT FROM THE SHOW ROOM AND FILLED IT WITH ROUSH AND THEN PARK THEM OFF TO THE NON-SHOW SIDE AND PUT COVERS OVER THEM. IN THE SHOW WAS ONE GT 500 AND ONE GT-H. ALSO SOME NICE ROUSH CARS A BALCK JACK AND SOME CLUB TRACK CARS.

YOU SHOULD HAVE A GREAT TIME AND THANKS FOR THE FELLOW SHELBY SUPPORT YOU WILL SHOW STONG WITH PRECIOUS!

SHELBYGUY

Found this story today titled: "Crazy Shelby GT Wreck Story!"

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_3736680/tm.htm

...I wonder if the guy saw the CSM number. Anybody a member on that forum that can ask him nicely to go find out.

On the Roush topic. Things have taken on a different tone. Mr. Roush's mother died this week and he will not be there. Greg Biffle and Carl Edwards are going to be there instead.

An interesting oppurtunity came my way yesterday. A customers of mines dad has a 65 mustang coupe he is trying to sell. It isnt the original 289 it came with but a 302. He has all the front fenders, rear quarters, chrome, interior, and everything else needed to restore. I havent seen it yet and was told it needs work but I am considering buying it as a project for my 2 sons and I to work on together. He is asking $1950 so I am going to look at it next week. It allegedly came from South America and supposedly the VIN states this or at least that is was built for export. So if this happens I may change my S/C plans for a little while. Ill keep you guys updated :)

An interesting oppurtunity came my way yesterday. A customers of mines dad has a 65 mustang coupe he is trying to sell. It isnt the original 289 it came with but a 302. He has all the front fenders, rear quarters, chrome, interior, and everything else needed to restore. I havent seen it yet and was told it needs work but I am considering buying it as a project for my 2 sons and I to work on together. He is asking $1950 so I am going to look at it next week. It allegedly came from South America and supposedly the VIN states this or at least that is was built for export. So if this happens I may change my S/C plans for a little while. Ill keep you guys updated :)

S/C's are over rated compared to what you can share with your kids.

Well I will still do an S/C down the road if I go ahead with this 65 but yes you are correct Ed. My oldest is a junior this year and my youngest is in 8th grade so there isnt much time left. The time my youngest and I had last weekend was awesome and due to my workload I havent had the time to take a real vaca with them in like 7 years so it really made me open my eyes. The excitement in their faces and voices when I mentioned it told me it was the right thing to do as well :)

1.) HOW THE WEST WAS WON........Led Zep

Song Title

DISC 1:

1. L.A. Drone

2. Immigrant Song

3. Heartbreaker

4. Black Dog

5. Over The Hills And Far Away

6. Since I've Been Loving You

7. Stairway To Heaven

8. Going To California

9. That's The Way

10. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

DISC 2:

1. Dazed And Confused

2. What Is And What Should Never Be

3. Dancing Days

4. Moby Dick

DISC 3:

1. Whole Lotta Love (Medley)

2. Rock And Roll

3. Ocean, The

4. Bring It On Home

2.) Live Evil........... Black Sabbath / Dio

2 CDs'

Track Listing

E5150 (2:21)

Neon Knights (4:36)

N.I.B. (5:09)

Children of the Sea (6:08)

Voodoo (6:07)

Black Sabbath (8:39)

War Pigs (9:19)

Iron Man (7:29)

The Mob Rules (4:10)

Heaven & Hell (12:04)

The Sign of the Southern Cross/Heaven & Hell (Continued) (7:15)

Paranoid (3:46)

Children of the Grave (5:25)

Fluff (0:59)

1.) HOW THE WEST WAS WON........Led Zep

Song Title

DISC 1:

1. L.A. Drone

2. Immigrant Song

3. Heartbreaker

4. Black Dog

5. Over The Hills And Far Away

6. Since I've Been Loving You

7. Stairway To Heaven

8. Going To California

9. That's The Way

10. Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

DISC 2:

1. Dazed And Confused

2. What Is And What Should Never Be

3. Dancing Days

4. Moby Dick

DISC 3:

1. Whole Lotta Love (Medley)

2. Rock And Roll

3. Ocean, The

4. Bring It On Home

2.) Live Evil........... Black Sabbath / Dio

2 CDs'

Track Listing

E5150 (2:21)

Neon Knights (4:36)

N.I.B. (5:09)

Children of the Sea (6:08)

Voodoo (6:07)

Black Sabbath (8:39)

War Pigs (9:19)

Iron Man (7:29)

The Mob Rules (4:10)

Heaven & Hell (12:04)

The Sign of the Southern Cross/Heaven & Hell (Continued) (7:15)

Paranoid (3:46)

Children of the Grave (5:25)

Fluff (0:59)

Today i have:

38 Special

Garbage

BTO

Queen

ABBA

Motly Crue

Eddy Money

• 2 weeks later...

I am a little disappointed today. I am not one to test my luck on street racing. Today, however, I was just about home when I had this punk kid next to me. He has a woman tagging along. She was old enough to be his mother. There wasn't really any reving. A bit of a glance and smiles. I sized him up and thought this will be a walk. His peice was considerably lighter then my Precious but I easily outclassed him in horsepower.

The moment is upon us and I am off. I hook wonderfully, TCS off and not a bit of spin. I am quickly out to 2 lengths. I had a passing thought that maybe I misread the signals. I am new at the street racing thing. What the heck I am already in and kept going. Everything is straight and nothing in my way. Now he is next to me. Looks over and smiles as he passes me. Not quickly but fast enough. The woman is laughing We come to the end where we both obviously have to brake. He beat me by 2 lengths.

I am utterly disappointed and embarassed. My car did everything it could. Perhaps it was the driver but alas I was beat by a three year old on a tricycle. He was wearing his Buzz Lightyear costume. Maybe that was the difference. One of the best smiles I have had in my car.

Archived