TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need shelby Gauge ( help)

clawsonbob

Hi all

I am having Shelby SC kit installed (locally) on Sept 10 but it appears SAI supercharger gauge cluster is out of stock until November. If anyone knows another source or is holding one for future/later install, I would like to ask if you would consider selling to me ? I will pay modest premium so that I can get gauges installed at same time.

thanks for any/all help ( or other ideas).

bob clawson

clawsonbob@cs.com

312 218 3196 cell

I was trying to wait for that as well. I am also having a S/C installed in about a week or so and I will be going with the speed of sound pillar pods. It is a FORD made part. They look great in person.

Torrence

thanks...the speed of sound pods do look really good...I had not heard of them before your post. looks like you keep your piller trim if you want to go to the shelby gauge pak later, correct ?

are you going with the ford/whipple unit sc ? I was giving that a lottaa thought.

thanks again for the heads up on the sos pods

bob

Torrence

thanks...the speed of sound pods do look really good...I had not heard of them before your post. looks like you keep your piller trim if you want to go to the shelby gauge pak later, correct ?

are you going with the ford/whipple unit sc ? I was giving that a lottaa thought.

thanks again for the heads up on the sos pods

bob

The pillar trim is complete with the pods built right in. It's a direct replacement for the original pillar, it even has the FORD logo stamped underneath the pillar.

If you wanted to go to the Shelby later, then I guess you would put the original pillar back on, but I don't see why you would go that route. This particular pod looks like it came from the factory, seriously.

Yeah, I'm going with the Whipple. I have two buddies who are s/c'ed. One has a KB and the other a Vortech and the twin scew is killing the centrifugal.

So I went with the Whipple.

What Gauges you going with?

Here you go guys. Post #3

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...=1399&hl=raptor

As far as the actual gauges, the Shelby signature gauges are Autometer Carbon Fiber series at 2-5/8" and the Speed of Sound utilizes 2-1/16" gauges. To get an "almost" exact match, less Carroll's signature go with the Autometer. When you get the actual Shelby branded parts they will be easier to re-sell. And don't forget to order the pod with the "Raptor claw" and Raptor shift light. With the SC's you may need it. Hope this helps.

Just found this thread while reviewing my web traffic report and wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name's Alan, and I am the founder of Speed of Sound.

There's nothing to clarify about what has been posted about our products, but I can expand on it to better inform those interested.

We do indeed start with OEM Ford A-pillars, both coupe and convertible. This is why there are Ford part numbers on the pillars. After that, they are *anything* but Ford-made. ;)

Once in our hands, the pillars are modified on a 3-axis CNC machine. Material is removed to "sink" our injection molded gauge pods into the pillar cover. This allows a seamless look and the OEM appearance many people prefer. Fit is a given, since we use a part identical to your OEM piece. All Mustangs use the same pillar trim piece, so special edition cars need not worry about proper fit. There is a video on our site showing how easy it is to remove the pillar and snap back in place.

We stock all colors of pillars available, so if it's in a Mustang we've got the match. Our pods are dyed prior to assembly, and we use custom-matched blends to ensure a correct appearance. No rattle can stuff in our shop, premium materials are used throughout.

The pods are attached via T6-6061 rivets, as the polypropylene construction of the pillars will not accept an adhesive. The fit is strong and secure, as our pillars have survived numerous accidents unscathed. "Crash tested", so to speak.

Our pods are molded for 2 1/16" gauges, this is correct.

Currently, we are wrapping up the design of three new products for the S197 chassis Mustang. Two new center dash pods (both triple gauge) will be avaialbe within the next 30 days, and a radio panel similar to those shown on our site (01-04 cars) will follow that within weeks.

One version of the dash pod can be installed with no drilling/cutting of the car whatsover. Can be reverted back to stock quickly, just as with our pillars. The other version is a low profile, "minimalist" pod setup which requires drilling the dash, similar to the Saleen. Both versions orient the gauges directly towards the driver, 20 degrees from center to be exact. Other dash pods don't do this, or only slightly at best.

Sorry for the novel, just wanted to say hi and hopefully leave you better informed about our work.

Alan

Just found this thread while reviewing my web traffic report and wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name's Alan, and I am the founder of Speed of Sound.

There's nothing to clarify about what has been posted about our products, but I can expand on it to better inform those interested.

We do indeed start with OEM Ford A-pillars, both coupe and convertible. This is why there are Ford part numbers on the pillars. After that, they are *anything* but Ford-made. ;)

Once in our hands, the pillars are modified on a 3-axis CNC machine. Material is removed to "sink" our injection molded gauge pods into the pillar cover. This allows a seamless look and the OEM appearance many people prefer. Fit is a given, since we use a part identical to your OEM piece. All Mustangs use the same pillar trim piece, so special edition cars need not worry about proper fit. There is a video on our site showing how easy it is to remove the pillar and snap back in place.

We stock all colors of pillars available, so if it's in a Mustang we've got the match. Our pods are dyed prior to assembly, and we use custom-matched blends to ensure a correct appearance. No rattle can stuff in our shop, premium materials are used throughout.

The pods are attached via T6-6061 rivets, as the polypropylene construction of the pillars will not accept an adhesive. The fit is strong and secure, as our pillars have survived numerous accidents unscathed. "Crash tested", so to speak.

Our pods are molded for 2 1/16" gauges, this is correct.

Currently, we are wrapping up the design of three new products for the S197 chassis Mustang. Two new center dash pods (both triple gauge) will be avaialbe within the next 30 days, and a radio panel similar to those shown on our site (01-04 cars) will follow that within weeks.

One version of the dash pod can be installed with no drilling/cutting of the car whatsover. Can be reverted back to stock quickly, just as with our pillars. The other version is a low profile, "minimalist" pod setup which requires drilling the dash, similar to the Saleen. Both versions orient the gauges directly towards the driver, 20 degrees from center to be exact. Other dash pods don't do this, or only slightly at best.

Sorry for the novel, just wanted to say hi and hopefully leave you better informed about our work.

Alan

Alan,

Thanks..Bob here..I started the above thread looking for gauge options. Can you contact me off line..I would like what ever other details are available on the models you describe..would like to consider a couple and can get pics up here for members to oogle.

thanks Alan...I am on bmw motorcycle ralley for the few days but will have blackberry with so feel free to email or call

regards

bob

clawsonbob@cs.com

312 218 3196 c

Archived