TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake duct kits

blueshawk

My first real mod (other than cosmetics) to my SGT is wanting to put brake ducts on. The Shelby catalog says fall for availability on these. I wonder if that's still a good date? Any news?

I want the same kit , can't understand why this would take so long since they have been installing these for some time now .....................ZDS

I do remember John stating awhile ago that the original kits were being reworked. I don't work for SAI but one would think that the remaining kits or in stock kits would be placed on the mod shop cars first to get them out and on the road then made avalible. Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, curiosity was killing me. i did a field dissection on an 07 gt-h while in florida. See if i can get pics up on my gallery for all.

duct kit

i am wondering if the lights can move inboard and the duct where the light exits. AS is the, brake duct entry is straight at the a/c radiator. it seems if the the two are reverse, the brake duct could become routed and connected to a cooling back plate, thus, making it functional. For now, it is all cosmetic.

This will be my attempt anyway. If i am going to have ducts, they are gonna work.

went ahead this weekend while doing Baer brake kit install and loaded on FRP duct back plates. The brake went on so fast, my fridge crashing son and I had time to install the ducts up front and run included hose. You do have to place ducts outboard to make the run back to the discs. Inboard where SAI places them and there is not way to bend the hose in due to the a/c cooler.

Working on a slick cover plate, maybe similar to sai and incorporating piaa lights inboard.

went ahead this weekend while doing Baer brake kit install and loaded on FRP duct back plates. The brake went on so fast, my fridge crashing son and I had time to install the ducts up front and run included hose. You do have to place ducts outboard to make the run back to the discs. Inboard where SAI places them and there is not way to bend the hose in due to the a/c cooler.

Working on a slick cover plate, maybe similar to sai and incorporating piaa lights inboard.

LOL Todd your porr son will never live it down. I wouldnt let him either ;)

I have now made my install. I think I know why the delay in the kits. It is very easy sort of. You have to have the gumption to take a hole saw to your bumper. There is also the challenge of working under the car. I did find it easiest once the car was about an 3 extra inches up and the bottom plastic skim cover was removed. This is about 7 plastic pop fastners and 3 each 1/4" bolts.

I am trying ot coordinate a bunch of photos I have taken to post. At the end of the day, it was easy. It just took days of thinking and contemplating to work up the courage to fire up the hole saw. I now have working lights, attached to the factory harness left over, and working duct kit using the FRP brake duct kit to cool the Baer brakes.

I used the knock out panels and a few odds and ends from pep boys. The lights are inboarad and the ducts our outboard to facilitate a hose hook up at the cooling plate behind the rotors. SAI has put the ducts in a reverse postion, but they are not connecting them to the brakes, or at least not on the GTH I dissected.

SAI has put the ducts in a reverse postion, but they are not connecting them to the brakes, or at least not on the GTH I dissected.

Nice job on the install can't wait for your pics. The GTH does not have the complete brake duct kit which includes hoses etc. Only the front duct opening and fogs. Here are some pics of an installed complete kit.

47b7db36b3127cce985482dac0050000002.jpg

47b7db36b3127cce985482c0c01f0000002.jpg

47b7db36b3127cce985482c2c01d0000002.jpg

Archived