TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What do you like best about your Shelby

jwhite1967

Watching this car go down the road really makes you appreciate it's beauty. I followed our's home one evening with the wife driving. The look of the black wheels is a thing of beauty, they make the looks of the Shelby really stand out driving down the road. I see why so many people want to just drive along side the car and look at it. I love the sound of the exhaust. Even at low speeds it sounds great.

Watching this car go down the road really makes you appreciate it's beauty. I followed our's home one evening with the wife driving. The look of the black wheels is a thing of beauty, they make the looks of the Shelby really stand out driving down the road. I see why so many people want to just drive along side the car and look at it. I love the sound of the exhaust. Even at low speeds it sounds great.

1) I've never owned a car that looked so good. I said this before that whenever I get in it or out of it, I think or mutter to myself, AWESOME!

I hope they change the mustang in 2009 'cause all they can do is make it look worse IMO, which will make these cars so desireable.

These cars (the black ones) look better than the Saleen or Roush too. The combination of the California Special features with the Shelby hood scoop and stripes make this the best looking car I've ever seen, IMO. The new Camaro and Challenger aren't even close in the looks department. Sure they'll have more power, but the idea is to go slow so everyone can see this baby!

2) The sound is also very satisfying such that you don't have to go fast to enjoy it.

3) I love the shifter too. It has a great feel to it and is very precise and the white knob is very, very cool.

4) The S H E L B Y across the back!

So I don't have to go fast to enjoy all of my favorite things about this car.

I bought this car on looks and the Shelby name alone. I didn't even test drive it.

I imagine many of us will come up with similar answers but for me, the best things about my Shelby arethe reaction from others.

--Everytime I go on the road at least on person pulls up beside me to give the car a thumbs up

--The exhaust sound , especially over 3500 rpms

--The fact that most people recognize the car as a REAL Shelby not a wannabe or a clone

--MY CSM number is related to my birthday, not even planned!

--It helps me clear my head when I go for a ride after work, just like my Harley did

--The car is looked upon as an instant classic at local cruise nights

--It is a REAL Shelby, that came out of SAI in Vegas

:D

Funny you said that..my husband said I must follow him someday in his truck....he said watching it on the road is great !

And RIHarley.......i know exactly what you are saying. Mine is a daily driver...and when I have a really hectic day at work.........i get in my car........and when I turn the key...the whole day goes away ! :D

That finally FORD and SHELBY got back together after all these years and made this all around GREAT street racer. I mean everything works as complete package. Plus it looks so good doing all the right things.Even my wife has finally said it's the best looking car i have owned.Now believe me that says it all.

And i just got back from Shelby. My ORIGNAL 1966 Shelby GT 350 poster i bought in 1966 now with Carroll's signiture on it. My shelby feels right at home sitting right next to his poster. Yes it is framed and in excellent condition and makes my day every time i walk past it.

I spent alot of time in the originals as a kid and have very fond memories of those times, my car really reminds me of the original, the look out over the hood, the sound of the motor and the overall stance and stiffness of the ride all remind me of the original. I love the look of the new cars it brings a smile to my face every time I see my car, and the smile is repeated when I drive it. How many people have that ? I think its pretty <bleep> cool that every time I get in my car it just sort of brightens my day :D My car is nearly complete now I hope to post pics soon.

I love my car 100% because it just gives me an awesome feeling everytime I drive it or look at it in the garage. Especially now since I invested in the chrome 20" Razors and the GT500 spoiler the car just glistens. I also love the fact that I have a car not everybody and their brother has, I mean one in (around) 6000 in the world, that is incredible!

This car is incredible and I am obviously not the only one who thinks that. Because every time I get into drive it people of all ages just look, stare and give the thumb;s up sign.

Well...i wrote a nice long reason why I like it but then I got this CGI error thing...so...suffice it to say that I LIKE IT!!!

:D

The way it handles..........the way it sounds.........n if I can ever get some issues taken care of...I'll like the way it looks

(the silver stripes are all stained............me thinks the dealer left it outside too long without cleaning it.....when I'm driving it there's no problem but when I'm washing it.......Yuk...oh well....one a these days someone will figure out how to restripe it.........)

Archived