TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Adam's long wait has come to an end!

RogerS

MFG 013 is on the plate!

Adam, it is a very nice looking ride. Congratulations.

I don't think that is the CSM number. The plate was the same that was on Mr. Shelby's super cobra that sold at Barret Jackson. If I remember correctly his number is in the 40s or something. It pays to be nice to people. Which Adam truly is, I wouldn't have many photos let alone video of my Museum Delivery if it wasn't for Adam.

Hey Guys and Gals,

Lets get a guessing game going as to what Adam is going to call his car. Some of my suggestions are:

Tinker Bell(LOL)

Black Beast

The Beast

Freakin' Shelby

My kids college fund

My sons inheritance

Other Woman

Mistress

Stangster

Shelbionic

BionicShelby

Come on everyone, lets think of something good.

Dave

I do know what he called it several times today "FREAKIN AWESOME"!

Then the last time I spoke with him he said it was a "FREAKIN ROCKET"!

We know it will be freakin' Something. How about Awesome Freakin' Shelby Rocket B) . Now for the bad news, Adam probably going to have to sell the car to pay for his cell phone bill :lol: Adam is there any state you haven't called today? LMAO

Dave

Congrats Adam!!

Car looks great and I am sure we will hear from you maybe by this weekend! :D

I'm glad to see some more of you getting your cars now. It just keeps building my anticipation even more....again. B)

Heck AFBLUE may have his before me...and I can't wait to see it!

Sorry all, I started writing this fluffy story but the more I wrote, the more I wanted to add. I was finding I was thanking everyone as if I were up for a Grammy of something silly like that and I was writing so much detail about me, my car and the day, that it was probably getting boring; so here is the short version:

1) Thank you Carroll Shelby, Amy and the rest of SAI for everything.

2) John W, to me, really deserves an incredible amount of credit for the magic he creates at SAI.

3) When I saw my car today, I was beside myself and thought without a doubt that it was the best Shelby I’ve ever seen. I’m not trying to knock anyone else’s Shelby, I’m just trying to articulate how much I love my car as I have recently become increasingly impressed with the SuperSnake.

4) Thank you again Roger and Tim for today, and for all of you on the forum for your kind, thoughtful and funny words.

5) I call my car the “Tasca Shelby” which is related to the stuff in my picasa site on my signature.

6) I highly recommend that if you can somehow figure out how to get a supercharger, it is a wonderful thing.

7) The car rides like a bolt of lightening. It’s fast, powerful and really something to look at. Words can’t describe how I felt today. It was overwhelmingly amazing. It is incredibly powerful. I will post pics and say more tomorrow night.

8) Oh, BTW, as far as I’m concerned the hood scoop issue is resolved. I mean, unless something happens years from now, I think the fix will help with the warping and lifting issues. My scoop looked nearly perfect all day from the time it came off the truck to the time I parked inside Tasca’s building. Heat never damaged or warped the scoop. In Vegas, it was really bad.

9) Well, I’m totally drained so I need to call it a night and will get back tomorrow.

Yay for you!!!!! :lol:

Congratulations, best of luck, enjoy the car!

Have fun Saturday - wish I could make it, but work beckons.

Drive safely, and enjoy the stares and whistles... that's one serious auto ya gots there!

Jer

Congratulation Adam!!

That is one classy ride, for a very classy dude. Enjoy!!!! You deserve it.

Lonny

Are we talking about the same person? :unsure: :lol::lol:

Well, with Adam having his car now, the posts on the boards just dropped by 50%!!!!!! LOL

Congrats Adam!!!!! I am glad you like your car!!!!! Please, just be careful with her.

Bud

Are we talking about the same person? :unsure: :lol::lol:

Well, with Adam having his car now, the posts on the boards just dropped by 50%!!!!!! LOL

Congrats Adam!!!!! I am glad you like your car!!!!! Please, just be careful with her.

Bud

Hey Bud. Now that Adam has his car y'alls incoming call ratio to the office should drop substantially as well, huh?

:lol::lol:

Congratulation Adam!!

That is one classy ride, for a very classy dude. Enjoy!!!! You deserve it.

Lonny

You are all really funny. I LMAO a few times.

Lonny, thank you. I guess i need to appologize for the other post I made in response to your comment about your car's rear end emmitting noises LOL.

Thanks Brian, I'll see you tomorrow.

All, here is an update:

I updated with more pics from today:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Adams.ShelbyGT...429398840481314

Today's new pics start where I'm soaking the car to get the water/dirt spots off from it baking in the Vegas sun. Then there's Roger setting up for tomorrow's party and helping me shine my car (he worked his butt off - Thank You Roger). He has a pretty sweet garage. Then there are more pics of my car and finally I took some pics from the Tasca caf high above where the show will be tomorrow. You'll see they emptied most of the cars out to make room.

If you look closely, you can see Bob Tasca Sr (The Bopper) walking with his wife to his car. It took them about 15 minutes to go from where I was to that spot. I had spoken with them a few minutes before; they were off to go meet with Carroll, Amy, and the others. They are all having clam cakes and clam chowder (well, that's what Carroll wanted anyway - I hope he doesn't get intigestion from those clam cakes LOL) in Newport, RI tonight. Roger and I were thinking of going, but we didn't want to get arrested for stalking LOL.

OH, AND IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!!

Congratulations Adam your car looks great. Can't wait to hear more about the Tasca Mod's.

Your mod's look very good on this car, rims, grill, big brakes etc....

Now it is time to drink a cold beer or whatever and enjoy your new wife.

LOL.

Congrats again.

Congratulations Adam your car looks great. Can't wait to hear more about the Tasca Mod's.

Your mod's look very good on this car, rims, grill, big brakes etc....

Now it is time to drink a cold beer or whatever and enjoy your new wife.

LOL.

Congrats again.

LOL, thank you.

Although I have been working with Tasca since February on this project, I got pushed back a few weeks to fit some SuperSnakes in first. No sweat on my end as I know how tough the wait is so I will respectfully let others get their long awaited cars done (plus I have no choice anyway LOL). I'll post pics when I can.

Archived