TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Not Shelby related, well kind of - the General Lee

stump_breaker

John Schnider is selling his General Lee to finance a sequel to a movie he made. He was being interviewed on a local radio station here in Dallas yesterday (Russ Martin) and said he expected the car to go for about 3 million. Russ was surprised at the expected amount. John said and I quote,

"Carroll Shelby's GT300 or whatever it is went for 5 million....."

I cringed.

He also stated the Charger was made popular because of the movie "Bullitt". Did that movie have a Charger in it?

John Schnider is selling his General Lee to finance a sequel to a movie he made. He was being interviewed on a local radio station here in Dallas yesterday (Russ Martin) and said he expected the car to go for about 3 million. Russ was surprised at the expected amount. John said and I quote,

"Carroll Shelby's GT300 or whatever is is went for 5 million....."

I cringed.

He also stated the Charger was made popular because of the movie "Bullitt". Did that movie have a Charger in it?

LOL

Here is a similar question - did the latest Dukes movie have anything other than Jessica in it?

The 68 Charger had a Hemi in it, the Mustang had a 390.

The mustang had to be souped up to keep up with the Hemi.

There is a DVD out now with behind the scenes on it.

While preparing for the chase Steve and the co-driver of the Charger would

run next to each other at high speed and shake hands.

AWESOME!

• 2 weeks later...

Stump,

The soundtrack of Steve double clutch shifting the Mustang during the chase scene is worth its weight.

Although the chase scene repeats the same shots over and over again from different cameras...it's still classic and well worth the watch.

Yes, the chase scene is great, but the reaminder of the movie is pretty forgettable.

• 1 month later...

The 68 Charger had a Hemi in it, the Mustang had a 390.

The mustang had to be souped up to keep up with the Hemi.

There is a DVD out now with behind the scenes on it.

While preparing for the chase Steve and the co-driver of the Charger would

run next to each other at high speed and shake hands.

AWESOME!

hey! does it have a HEMI?! :lol:

Stump,

The soundtrack of Steve double clutch shifting the Mustang during the chase scene is worth its weight.

Although the chase scene repeats the same shots over and over again from different cameras...it's still classic and well worth the watch.

ok im a big dummy here

whats the purpose of double clutching?

hmmm i may try double clutchin....sometimes when i shift up i get a clunk unless i give it a lil gas as i let out the clutch...anoying...so if i rev it a little before i shift up will it avoid the "clunk" too?

ooooo i can do that downshifting too to keep from lockin my rear wheels...i've always had to let out the clutch slow on my bike downshifting :rolleyes: .....i can double clutch that now too.

how the heck can u go (for example) from 2nd gear then pause in neutral, let out clutch, rev engine, then press clutch, then go to 3rd all in a short time...cant u just keep the clutch in while goin from 2nd to 3rd and rev the engine while moving the shifter to 3rd then let out clutch?

edit: oh and i hate that irritating lurch movement...i just never can clutch it smooth enough half the time when i start out in 1st...sometimes i do it just right and sometimes i take off like an idiot with my head being thrown back and forth...not as bad now as i was at first. but still do it a little. makes me look like i'm drivin in some old clunky truck like some hillbilly

hey WTF look here...how the..? watch around time index 2:10

hmmm i may try double clutchin....sometimes when i shift up i get a clunk unless i give it a lil gas as i let out the clutch...anoying...so if i rev it a little before i shift up will it avoid the "clunk" too?

ooooo i can do that downshifting too to keep from lockin my rear wheels...i've always had to let out the clutch slow on my bike downshifting :rolleyes: .....i can double clutch that now too.

how the heck can u go (for example) from 2nd gear then pause in neutral, let out clutch, rev engine, then press clutch, then go to 3rd all in a short time...cant u just keep the clutch in while goin from 2nd to 3rd and rev the engine while moving the shifter to 3rd then let out clutch?

edit: oh and i hate that irritating lurch movement...i just never can clutch it smooth enough half the time when i start out in 1st...sometimes i do it just right and sometimes i take off like an idiot with my head being thrown back and forth...not as bad now as i was at first. but still do it a little. makes me look like i'm drivin in some old clunky truck like some hillbilly

hey WTF look here...how the..? watch around time index 2:10

To bad are car's did not come with a gear box like that. Man that was sweet, Catch that heel toe action, diffintly a pro! :)

After this post I actually went home and watched the car scene. Pretty cool but the rest of the movie was (yawn) and spent most of it's time on "FF".

We were watching it on the 42" plasma and when they were going up and down over the hills, it make my wife a little queasy. :lol:

The story line is not the greatest but over all it's ok. I have the DVD and throw it in the pc once in a while and just click on that car chase scene. :)

Thnx Ed , i never seen that movie niether ,nice chase ofcorse the charger had to try to cheat and use a gun!!! B) And i reconized those drop offs going through town , i hate driveing through there (San Francisco)!!!

7432.jpg?

Every ford a put together, i tried to give it that sound.............., Hookers, H pipe and Flows, always did the trick. :)

Archived