TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Blasphemy to go Blue?

jaydub Mach1

I think it would be blasphemy, but that's just me. If you did so, what would you do about the "Shelby GT" lettering on the side stripe?

Would it be blasphemy to replace the silver stripes on the White SGT with Vista Blue Stripes?

It would harken back to the 1965-1966 Shelby GT350R's!! ^_^

Okay my friend, you just rolled out the red carpet for Roger.

Here you go Roger, it's all yours...

I thought about doing that very same thing when I first saw the silver stripes on a white car. I think it would look really nice.

I think yours would look great with white stripes-there's no doubt that white on blue or blue on white look is really sharp.

I actually prefer silver stripes on blue and blue stripes on silver ( my plan when I ordered an 08 silver mustang GT).

I built a spreadsheet for TMS for stripe combos. Blue with white stripes was by far the most popular combo (over 10% of the 391 entries). http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=48348

I think your blue with silver will look AWESOME!

White with blue would look better IMO than white with silver. Even though I prefer white vehicles, the silver stripe is why I chose the black car over the white. The silver against the white washes out the color and doesn't cause enough contrast.

I'm not trashing anyone's car so don't take it that way. That just my opinion.

Would it be blasphemy to replace the silver stripes on the White SGT with Vista Blue Stripes?

It would harken back to the 1965-1966 Shelby GT350R's!! ^_^

The color combo looks really good but, I wouldn't do it on a Shelby GT unless it came from Shelby that way. I would do it on a regular GT only. If you really like/want that color combo, just wait. You know it's probably coming down the road. But it is your car, do what makes you happy.

Just my $.02.

Sherri

Personally, I think it would look better without the stripes. That would be more inline with the original cars. Stripes were an option not a mandate.

robin

But then what would we have to complain about?

I think that white with blue would look very nice, but I would want SAI to do it to maintain authenticity. Without a matching "Shelby GT" rocker panel stripe, however, I don't think that I'd consider it.

Just me though, do with your car whatever makes you the happiest.

Personally, I think it would look better without the stripes. That would be more inline with the original cars. Stripes were an option not a mandate.

robin

Right idea but wrong car! The 07 & 08 Shelby GTs are modern recreations of the 1966 GT350H. The HERTZ car which came with GOLD STRIPES- they were a mandate on those cars. The modern version has silver stripes instead of the gold/copper as those colors (gold/copper) are reserved for cars going to Hertz vs these public retail versions thus metalic 'gold' has been replaced by metalic silver.

And YES..the 1966 GT 350H came in colors other than Black...approx 800 of the 1000 were Black/gold. The other 200 were Red, White and Blue due to miscommunications with Ford, Hertz and Shelby during the hurried build process--Hertz wasn't happy about it. All came with Gold/Copper stripes regardless of body color. Everyone calls the stripes gold but back in the day internally they were considered copper thus my use above of 'gold/copper'.

So the modern version has now been done in Black, White and Blue...As for that Grabber Orange, it don't belong...no comment beyond that.

Thanks Adam but my answer will be short.

The ONLY car deserving of the White/Blue Stripe combination should be the GT350. I'm not a betting man but if I was I would bet the farm that it is going to happen.

I'm done. :)

Thanks Adam but my answer will be short.

The ONLY car deserving of the White/Blue Stripe combination should be the GT350. I'm not a betting man but if I was I would bet the farm that it is going to happen.

I'm done. :)

can you say 2008 job 2? or 2009 job 1?

well you didnt think SAI was going to build boats after 2008 did you? :lol:

....I don't know about job2. Maybe 2009 or 2010 on the refresh. I have posted a few times that Amy once left a post that read, when they do build a GT350 it will be 400 HP and come in the two combinations of white and blue.

It was edited the same night to read, "if they build a GT350." :o

Archived