TEAM SHELBY FORUM

anyone have a rear end wine @62mph

dmagner1

its seems there is a rearend wine at around 62mph and when you let off the gas, i here a little clunk now and then...anybody else have this????

Yes, I have the same noise. I brought this up in the forum months ago and was made fun of for it. I took it to the dealer to have them listen for it. They could hear it but did not think it was bad enough to replace at this time. I don't think they let the gear oil get hot enough. At 70mph it is so loud I have to turn up the radio. Let off the gas and it goes away. I had to have the rearend in my 2004 TBird replaced because of the same noise.

I think if you will visit another forum, such as mustangforums.com, you will find more than one thread on this subject. I have not heard it on mine...yet...

its seems there is a rearend wine at around 62mph and when you let off the gas, i here a little clunk now and then...anybody else have this????

I think I heard from Coast Driveline and Gear (Ventura Ca.) that this is what Bondurant Driving School at Sears Point race track wanted the single piece aluminum drive shaft for ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I know I put there driveshaft in my car and it is smooooth , and quite ....

ZDS

I think I heard from Coast Driveline and Gear (Ventura Ca.) that this is what Bondurant Driving School at Sears Point race track wanted the single piece aluminum drive shaft for ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I know I put there driveshaft in my car and it is smooooth , and quite ....

ZDS

ZDS

ZDS

HUH...

Yes, just in your car though, it is coming from the front drivers seat! :lol::lol::lol:

I HEARD YOU DONT HAVE A WINE ....JUST A BIG A$$ IN YOURS

You need to have you backlash adjusted. Any competent dealership can do this or if it won't be covered under warranty, a transmission or driveline shop. I had mine adjusted in my truck and it cost me $30. It's probably beyond the .008-.010 tolerance it's supposed to be set.

Use this as an opportunity to upgrade your rear-end oil to royal purple or something like that.

That's all I'll say because some people can be sooooo sensitive.... :)

Do you want some cheese with that wine or did you mean WHINE? :lol:

I haven't noticed any whine but I'll listen for it. I can get a clunk by jerking around with the throttle but I think that's normal for manual mustangs.

You need to have you backlash adjusted. Any competent dealership can do this or if it won't be covered under warranty, a transmission or driveline shop. I had mine adjusted in my truck and it cost me $30. It's probably beyond the .008-.010 tolerance it's supposed to be set.

Use this as an opportunity to upgrade your rear-end oil to royal purple or something like that.

That's all I'll say because some people can be sooooo sensitive.... :)

What does the Royal Blue do for ya?..............Zds

62 mph? I hate to admit it...I don't think my SGT has been over 45 mph in 2 months...hence the reason why I don't need no Super Snake or S/C....pitiful, isn't it....

What does the Royal Blue do for ya?..............Zds

Nothing really. What does royal blue do for you? :)

Royal Purple is like Mobil1, Schafers, Red Line, AmsOil etc. It's just a top end lube.

http://www.synerlec.com/

62 mph? I hate to admit it...I don't think my SGT has been over 45 mph in 2 months...hence the reason why I don't need no Super Snake or S/C....pitiful, isn't it....

Yeah but just think how fast you could get to 45 if you were S/C'd!.... :lol:

I notice it a little right around 60, but i rarly am in that area so never give it a second thought. I will wait till it gets worse or if there is a bullitin from ford. If they have to open it up to change something then maybe that would be the time for the 4.10s?

I agree, the 4:10's that is! :)

Archived