TEAM SHELBY FORUM

a paxton for my car

badbillinmt

does any know if my ford dealer can istall a paxton from shelby and still be under waurentee or does shelby have to do it...about how much does this option cost...will my car be registered in the registry as a factory supercharged car if it is bought from shelby and installed at my dealership...thanks guys

does any know if my ford dealer can istall a paxton from shelby and still be under waurentee or does shelby have to do it...about how much does this option cost...will my car be registered in the registry as a factory supercharged car if it is bought from shelby and installed at my dealership...thanks guys

Yes your dealer can, however I would only use an SVT Motorsports dealer, IMHO!

No, the warranty would be between you and Paxton. Also note that when you have Shelby put the SC on you void your car's Ford Engine warranty.

No, your car will not be registered as a "factory" supercharged car. Only those done by Shelby currently qualify for that status.

Later this fall the mod shop will be open to send your car back to SAI if you so desire and have this work done and duly registered.

Good luck!

So if SAI installs the S/C do you still retain the 5 year engine warranty? And what is the total price of the install/restripe and tune? Also is it this Fall or next year and how do you get on the list? I want to drive my car down in person, can it be a scheduled install or do you have to play the waiting game? Thanks after seeing the dyno of the s/c car, I think this would make the car really crazy! Thanks-R

If something happens to your engine and the Ford tech decides the installation of the supercharger caused engine failure it will not be covered by the warranty.

Parts and installation was $6400 in May. $4900 for parts, 15 hours of labor at $100 and hour.

Roush is the only one I know of that warranties the drive train with their S/C installed for the remainder of the 3 years/36000 miles. Also, they only required a certified mechanic to install it so your Ford dealer would qualify (but I'd find a Roush dealer or a speed shop that's done it before). There are rumors that Saleen has a warranty on your drive train too but when I asked for it in writing from them they said no.

BTW, the Paxton and other like S/C's can really screw-up the torque curve on these cars. These engines have a nice "flat" torque curve stock. The roots blowers (like the Roush, Whipple (FRPP), etc.) just shift this curve up and keep the flat characteristics (smooth constant power over the RPM range). The Paxton S/C torque curves I've seen on this engine vary quite a bit over the RPM range but I'm sure that depends on the tuner alot too.

I'd go with a Whipple which is the FRPP or the Roush. I'd also limit the boost to just 5 psi if you want the engine to last.

Roush is the only one I know of that warranties the drive train with their S/C installed for the remainder of the 3 years/36000 miles. Also, they only required a certified mechanic to install it so your Ford dealer would qualify (but I'd find a Roush dealer or a speed shop that's done it before). There are rumors that Saleen has a warranty on your drive train too but when I asked for it in writing from them they said no.

BTW, the Paxton and other like S/C's can really screw-up the torque curve on these cars. These engines have a nice "flat" torque curve stock. The roots blowers (like the Roush, Whipple (FRPP), etc.) just shift this curve up and keep the flat characteristics (smooth constant power over the RPM range). The Paxton S/C torque curves I've seen on this engine vary quite a bit over the RPM range but I'm sure that depends on the tuner alot too.

I'd go with a Whipple which is the FRPP or the Roush. I'd also limit the boost to just 5 psi if you want the engine to last.

Ugh...everytime I think of getting one I read something like this... :( Maybe in 5 years or something.

I also called Bud to ask him about a SC install, he said it would be early next year before SAI could do it. I want SAI to do the install because of the documentation they have for our cars i.e.: factory installed SC!!! If I had my Blue Oval guy do it I would get none of the Shelby certifications that they have. +1 for SAI install.

If you're really interested in a non-"Shelby/Paxton" kit, Kenne Bell makes a very nice twin screw that it similar in operation to the whipple but more efficient (over 500 rwhp when intercooled). The '05 - '06 kit can be found here, but I think that there is an '07 kit (or at least on the way): http://www.kennebell.net/superchargers/for.../gt05-06_3v.htm

Roush is the only one I know of that warranties the drive train with their S/C installed for the remainder of the 3 years/36000 miles.

I don't know the real details, but I was told that the Roush doesn't put out as much HP so they are well within a safety rating for the engine. Just a rumor.

I dont know if your car will reflect the S/C as a "factory" install because you took delivery of your car without it. I beleive if SAI installs your S/C when you ship it back to them it will be a "Shelby" installed modification.

GTHERO- According to Bud- The cars that would be shipped back to SAI for the SC install would be noted in the Shelby registry as a Shelby installed option with that vin number & SGT # period.

As ALL SGT's will be noted this way with no deviation. He said because ALL SGT's will be noted in the registry this way. As none of the SGT's had a Ford factory installed SC which is why they had only home delivery or museum pick up because Ford would not allow the cars being sent back to the dealers for warranty reasons. Please correct me if I am incorrect here and Bud correct me if I am wrong here. Otherwise why would someone ship there car back to SAI for a regular SC install if you were not getting the same documentation as others, it simply would not be worth it. B)

well i think a car that had the S/C installed before it was shipped back, is noted that it LEFT the factory with the S/C, a car that is shipped back would be noted that the S/C was added later. Correct? I guess i just cant see how you can note the cars that were shipped back to SAI for S/C and the ones that had the S/C installed before leaving as the same...

sc was money well spent.seems like every time i take a drive somebody want to race this shelby.I knew if i bought this car it would need a little extra under the hood. Just this past weekend me and the wife taking a little drive had to take own late model trans am and camaro,this was no contest for the SHELBY. little old for this sort of thing (7 grandkids waiting on no.8)but man did it eveyfeel good.

well i think a car that had the S/C installed before it was shipped back, is noted that it LEFT the factory with the S/C, a car that is shipped back would be noted that the S/C was added later. Correct? I guess i just cant see how you can note the cars that were shipped back to SAI for S/C and the ones that had the S/C installed before leaving as the same...

I hope its not that way, because if it is, there would be no point in returning for the install.

GTHERO- According to Bud- The cars that would be shipped back to SAI for the SC install would be noted in the Shelby registry as a Shelby installed option with that vin number & SGT # period.

As ALL SGT's will be noted this way with no deviation. He said because ALL SGT's will be noted in the registry this way. As none of the SGT's had a Ford factory installed SC which is why they had only home delivery or museum pick up because Ford would not allow the cars being sent back to the dealers for warranty reasons. Please correct me if I am incorrect here and Bud correct me if I am wrong here. Otherwise why would someone ship there car back to SAI for a regular SC install if you were not getting the same documentation as others, it simply would not be worth it. B)

I think we are going to find that,

That group that ordered there sgt with the option will cry foul because they ordered it that way, there for keeping the car count low for the original ordered install. Everybody body that wants a S/C now after the fact would therefore have a less valued car? wink, wink, know what i mean? ;)

Thats why i hope there is not this big out cry of the originaly ordered S/C people because of some better value aspect. That would send a bad message to fellow owners. :o

My .02

Its not that I am concerned about the value of the car. I just dont think you can note a car that was shipped back for the S/C at a later date the same as a car that had the S/C installed before leaving.

I'm sure SAI will think of something that keeps both sides happy...

I hope its not that way, because if it is, there would be no point in returning for the install.

I think we are going to find that,

That group that ordered there sgt with the option will cry foul because they ordered it that way, there for keeping the car count low for the original ordered install. Everybody body that wants a S/C now after the fact would therefore have a less valued car? wink, wink, know what i mean? ;)

Thats why i hope there is not this big out cry of the originaly ordered S/C people because of some better value aspect. That would send a bad message to fellow owners. :o

My .02

Ed and Swede,

We were the first one to request the S/C in January along with lots of other mods. We knew it would

be a long wait and educated ourselves and were willing to wait to have the car complete and have it listed in the Shelby registry. We wanted no mods added to the car that weren't going to be added at Shelby. I encourage you to have S/C's, brakes, etc installed at Shelby. I have no problem with cars going back a second time, because you will have to wait and you will have to pay and you deserve to be in the Shelby registry accordingly. I do agree with Shelby and not sending the S/C stripe just because you buy their S/C. In the long run it will help all of us. It's a price you pay for authenticity. Who knows if Shelby opens up other authorized mod shops. You may not have to send it all the way back to Vegas, but who knows, that's up to Shelby. The car is already unique, the S/C and other mods make it that much more unique. I don't feel that a few more getting the S/C is going to de-value my car any. There still won't be that many of us with them.

I guess my one word of advice is........patience. And money! :lol:

Dave

Ummmm, I honestly do not remember saying that. If I did, I blame it on the new meds :P I do know that the mod shop is backed up. And, for us to reschedule any mods on any 2007 SGT would have to take place after the first of the year. But, we are really gearing up in the mod shop now, so who knows, it could be sooner. Also, from what I have been led to believe, that IF, you bring BACK your 2007 SGT and have a S/C installed AT OUR SHOP, it will also get the GT/SC stripes. BUT, ONLY at OUR shop. Also, after the install is done, you can update your registry to reflect the S/C install. I hope this will clear up any confusion.

Bud

Ummmm, I honestly do not remember saying that. If I did, I blame it on the new meds :P I do know that the mod shop is backed up. And, for us to reschedule any mods on any 2007 SGT would have to take place after the first of the year. But, we are really gearing up in the mod shop now, so who knows, it could be sooner. Also, from what I have been led to believe, that IF, you bring BACK your 2007 SGT and have a S/C installed AT OUR SHOP, it will also get the GT/SC stripes. BUT, ONLY at OUR shop. Also, after the install is done, you can update your registry to reflect the S/C install. I hope this will clear up any confusion.

Bud

Hi Bud- So let me get this right from the horses mouth, Bud. :) This will be reflected in the registry as if the car came with the SC, correct? As I was saying if it was just an aftermarket SC (and brakes) without being added to the registry, why would someone go to the trouble to have it sent back to SAI as any strong mod shop could do the job?! I would like my car in the registry with with the Sc installed @ SAI. This is a very confusing issue and a very serious one at that due to the time and costs of the installations. Thank you for setting me straight Bud. :)

Note: Bud I (we) would need to know 100% for sure on the registry & gt/sc stripe issues before going through the process. Can you please find out for us all who want to do this? This is as important a decision as buying the car itself!

Bud

Thanks Bud, :)

The question i was refering to was the fact that the registry would be different on the cars who had the S/C installed from the get go and those who brought it back for The mods would be registered differently.

"Quote"

"well i think a car that had the S/C installed before it was shipped back, is noted that it LEFT the factory with the S/C, a car that is shipped back would be noted that the S/C was added later. Correct? I guess i just cant see how you can note the cars that were shipped back to SAI for S/C and the ones that had the S/C installed before leaving as the same..."

So are the cars treated the same? or is there a different designation in the registry for those who modded at SAI after the fact?

This is what im wondering......... :)

Bud

Only problem that I see thus far is that you cannot currently "update your registry"

Please let me know otherwise....or how to go about doing this!

Thanks!

Todd

Hi Bud- So let me get this right from the horses mouth, Bud. :) This will be reflected in the registry as if the car came with the SC, correct? As I was saying if it was just an aftermarket SC (and brakes) without being added to the registry, why would someone go to the trouble to have it sent back to SAI as any strong mod shop could do the job?! I would like my car in the registry with with the Sc installed @ SAI. This is a very confusing issue and a very serious one at that due to the time and costs of the installations. Thank you for setting me straight Bud. :)

Note: Bud I (we) would need to know 100% for sure on the registry & gt/sc stripe issues before going through the process. Can you please find out for us all who want to do this? This is as important a decision as buying the car itself!

The way I have been informed was that if the car left before the mods were done OR the car CAME back to have the mods done AT SHELBY, there would be an added update to the registry. The part that I am unsure of is--who does the updating. Does the customer do it or do we. That I will have to find out. I can not believe that if WE were to add per say a S/C to the SGT, how could it be an aftermarket part? Example---if we were to add say a part from ******, how could we say it was a SHELBY part. We can not. But, if it was a part that we offered at the time, I can not see why the registry can not be updated to go with the mods. After seeing some of the older vehicle in the registry, I can not believe that they were all done at once. I am sure vehicle have been updated over the years.

Thanks Bud, :)

The question i was refering to was the fact that the registry would be different on the cars who had the S/C installed from the get go and those who brought it back for The mods would be registered differently.

"Quote"

"well i think a car that had the S/C installed before it was shipped back, is noted that it LEFT the factory with the S/C, a car that is shipped back would be noted that the S/C was added later. Correct? I guess i just cant see how you can note the cars that were shipped back to SAI for S/C and the ones that had the S/C installed before leaving as the same..."

So are the cars treated the same? or is there a different designation in the registry for those who modded at SAI after the fact?

This is what im wondering......... :)

They way I am looking at it, IF the vehicle was built here in the first place, and it came back for an additional upgrade, I do not see why it can not be updated in the regisrty. Its still a SHELBY built vehicle with a SHELBY installed upgrade. Like I said above, I have seen upgrades and additional info added to vehicles over the years. Now, if a mod was done OUTSIDE of SHELBY, there would be no way of verifying that it was an authroized SHELBY upgrade with authorized SHELBY parts.

Now, I may be totally wrong on all of this. But I believe I am correct. If I am wrong, I will reply back to all of this again. In fact, I will try and get ALL of the information and still reply back. I may need a day or two, but I will find out and hopefully ease everybodys minds :D

Bud

ps. can I go to bed now? I get up at 3am LOL

recieved an email from bud on my car yesterday and his email said ...satin finish...$6195.00...polished $6395.00 installed plus tax.this includes changing striping to gt/sc..around 475 hp and would go in the registry as a s/c car....early 2008 date...can forward the email to any one who is interested...thanks guy

recieved an email from bud on my car yesterday and his email said ...satin finish...$6195.00...polished $6395.00 installed plus tax.this includes changing striping to gt/sc..around 475 hp and would go in the registry as a s/c car....early 2008 date...can forward the email to any one who is interested...thanks guy

Hi all!!!!

Not to sound like the bad guy here, but on my emails, you will see a confidentiality notice----reads something like this.................

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the

exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are

not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take

action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in

error, please notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete

this message and its attachments from your computer system. We do not

waive work product privileges by the transmission of this message.

Under no circumstances can the contents of this email be used in web blogs

or any public web forum without the expressed, written permission of the sender.

I would be more than happy to pass on any information to anybody, anytime. But please, do not pass around any personal emails with out me knowing. If anybody has any questions that they do not want to be shown on this site or any other site, please email me at Budm@shelbyautos.com I would be more than happy to do what ever needs to be done.

Thank you :D

Bud

Archived