TEAM SHELBY FORUM

sgt stripe kits

badbillinmt

my car (sgt 3873) had a 6 inch long marr in the left deck lid stipe when it was unloaded new....my dealer ordered a stripe kit from shelby because you cannot get a single piece of a kit...took my car in today for the installation and the guy in the boby shop said boy thats a spendy stripe kit...it was just over$800..acourse its covered by ford...has any one had any doings yet with a stripe kit....thanks guys

my car (sgt 3873) had a 6 inch long marr in the left deck lid stipe when it was unloaded new....my dealer ordered a stripe kit from shelby because you cannot get a single piece of a kit...took my car in today for the installation and the guy in the boby shop said boy thats a spendy stripe kit...it was just over$800..acourse its covered by ford...has any one had any doings yet with a stripe kit....thanks guys

Yep, I needed a door stripe b/c of shipping damage. I had to buy the lt. and rt. side stripe kit at a cost of $250.

Still waiting on my replacement. :angry: Been 2-3 months now. I received a stripe but it was the wrong one.

I saw a web site somewhere you could order each different group of decals, but I was not sure what this Siver color is called .......I think they list two different silvers...................I will need the front facia strips.

By the way I'm having Hillbank Motors in Irvine Ca. repair my front facia damage ...............I know they can do it in a dayor two max ......but I'm sure the parts will take weeks to order_(^(*^&$%^#

They should be good I saw Carroll Shelbys personel Superformance Daytona Coupe there and his Superformance Cobra both fantastic cars.

ZDS

Yeah, this is the way it works. Though I'm surprised you needed the ENTIRE kit. They have it broken down into sections. For example I needed the rear trunk and lower fascia and the kit was for the entire back end at a cost of $289 or something. I'm still waiting on it too. Soon I hope!

Matt,

I'm having a couple of my stripes replaced, probably over the winter and the dealers part shop said he had a new stripe kit there waiting for me. He said it came from Ford. Doesn't the kit come from Shelby and not Ford? I'm wondering if he ordered the wrong kit for a GT500 instead of the Shelby GT, especially when you guys say it is taking so long to get the stripes. He said they got the entire kit in a few days. Anybody who has recently had this done please chime in. Thanks,

Dave

Matt,

I'm having a couple of my stripes replaced, probably over the winter and the dealers part shop said he had a new stripe kit there waiting for me. He said it came from Ford. Doesn't the kit come from Shelby and not Ford? I'm wondering if he ordered the wrong kit for a GT500 instead of the Shelby GT, especially when you guys say it is taking so long to get the stripes. He said they got the entire kit in a few days. Anybody who has recently had this done please chime in. Thanks,

Dave

Humm...well to the dealer is all Ford I think. They deal with Ford Racing and Ford Racing has Shelby Perf Parts ship them. At least that's what I've been told! Of course it's been over two weeks and my stripes are no where to be found. <_<

Humm...well to the dealer is all Ford I think. They deal with Ford Racing and Ford Racing has Shelby Perf Parts ship them. At least that's what I've been told! Of course it's been over two weeks and my stripes are no where to be found. <_<

Matt,

Why are your stripes taking so long? I ordered mine through SAI, and it only took two days to receive them.

Matt,

I called the parts guy back and he said it was the right stripe kit but it was through Ford (via Shelby I assume) They sent the entire stripe kit for the car. Part guy said Ford does that for ease of inventory rather than piece out individual stripe sections. Dave

do you still need it cause they are giving me the remaider and they said the sides were there

Do you still have this stripe?

I'm in need of a piece of silver stripe for a spoiler for my black/ebony SGT.

Local dealer would only order a 300.00 roll, kit or however they come.

Spoiler stripe kits are available thru Shelby Performance Parts for $50.

I have a silver stripe kit for a GT500 spoiler that was going to go on the SGT I had ordered until dealer screwed me, bought GT500, but have stripe and GT500 spoiler to get rid of.

The stripes definately come from SAI..not Ford !

I know this from experience :P

Never had to wait....they shipped very promptly when I needed them.

Thanks Sue,

Upon further follow up today I found out the dealer ordered satin silver stripes from FORD, not SAI and got the over the top stripes for a regular Mustang GT. I told them they had the wrong item but they wouldn't believe me until I showed them Bud's message on this forum about how to submit a warranty claim for the stripes. I should have known...my dumb, dumb dealer again has no clue about this car.

Dave

Archived